Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SWTOR is a good game but it's in the wrong time period. No one gives a poo poo about 5000 years before Luke and Vader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
OT era is so good I can't understand why people considered no Clone Wars in Battlefront a bad thing.

Related: I would stab a hobo for a SWG2 with BF visuals.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I'm not sure SWTOR would even exist if Galaxies were alive and well today. Presumably the guys who produced SWTOR could see the writing on the wall and gave the green light knowing that Galaxies was bleeding subs who still craved a Star Wars MMO.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi

Bear in the Woods posted:

There is buffing, but it isn't as necessary for content as it was in Pre-CU.

It's closer to what buffs are in other MMOs, something extra rather than something necessary.

That isn't really true. I mean you could go and do just about anything low-end without buffs, but you'd be foolish to do anything that isn't low end without at least an entertainer buff. The NGE brought an extremely diverse way for Ents to "Build a Buff" based on the person receiving it's preferences.

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Entertainer_buff

For PvP especially you might as well be naked without it.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Levarris posted:

For PvP especially you might as well be naked without it.

I do seem to recall a mass naked PvP battle or two on Bloodfin or Starsider at some point.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
God, whatever you do, don't hang out in the SB discords (either the dev one or the community one).

It's all people getting mad that they're being censored by SJWs trying to stop them from saying human being and friend of the family in their star war chat.

Unmoderated pubbies. :stare:

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Wikipedia Brown posted:

God, whatever you do, don't hang out in the SB discords (either the dev one or the community one).

It's all people getting mad that they're being censored by SJWs trying to stop them from saying human being and friend of the family in their star war chat.

Unmoderated pubbies. :stare:

This is why we have our own discord.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Levarris posted:

Oh word, I'd like an invite; the old link expired. Thanks!

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Levarris posted:

Yesterday they were discussing your alleged propensity for sending black cock pics to synge and others in their community discord........

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

akma posted:

Yesterday they were discussing your alleged propensity for sending black cock pics to synge and others in their community discord........

Speaking of, is the Stella Bellum forums currently experiencing crippling goonterror or is there another group of "toxic elitists" that has ruffled their feathers?

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Conskill posted:

Speaking of, is the Stella Bellum forums currently experiencing crippling goonterror or is there another group of "toxic elitists" that has ruffled their feathers?

Not really, just a very small group of extremely obnoxious, extremely vocal people that have the rabid swagger of a 4chan enthusiast but would probably even be shunned there.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Conskill posted:

I dont think anyone knows goons are playing stella, nobody has posted about it in the forums or tried to start any goonfear.

Do we know where we are setting up? Is cnet still the player hotspot? If so throwing our houses down in prep for the city as close to the main city as we can would probably do us well commercially

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Dec 30, 2016

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Ahdinko posted:

I dont think anyone knows goons are playing stella, nobody has posted about it in the forums or tried to start any goonfear.

Do we know where we are setting up? Is cnet still the player hotspot? If so throwing our houses down in prep for the city as close to the main city as we can would probably do us well commercially

In the NGE, everyone starts in Mos Eisley, and pretty much everyone ends up using their own ships for travel. For all intents and purposes Eisley will most likely be the only static city that retains a permanent population of players. Most others will just be people passing through.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Levarris posted:

In the NGE, everyone starts in Mos Eisley, and pretty much everyone ends up using their own ships for travel. For all intents and purposes Eisley will most likely be the only static city that retains a permanent population of players. Most others will just be people passing through.

Plus if we settle down somewhere on Tatooine then we can make an authentic Afgoonistan. Though we wont be able to place Naboo and Corellian style houses if that matters.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm liking the dev's reactions to shitheads on discord.

EDIT: Even better one from darth

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
One of the devs mentioned in a general chat thread that everything was finished as of last night and they are starting final internal testing tomorrow. I don't think we'll get to play before the new year.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Base on one of the planets with the city invasions imo. That's probably going to be where the only PVP happens (at least it was in actual NGE). I think the Keren was typically the busiest of the cities back in actual, but vOv

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
What type of trader/crafter class is everyone planning on doing? It looks like we're pretty close (TC is down), so may be ought to work that out.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Be sure to run your traders through the tutorial for your free harvester.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Arven posted:

What type of trader/crafter class is everyone planning on doing? It looks like we're pretty close (TC is down), so may be ought to work that out.

I was gonna do armoursmith/weaponsmith, levarris was going to do structures. I think goggles said he wanted to do domestic arts. We should probably have multiples anyway though so do what you like :p

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jan 1, 2017

Registered Loser
Dec 29, 2006

Me and jiimy are gonna clean house on those weapons and armor hopefully

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013
Get the new launcher here if you haven't seen the announcement: https://forums.stellabellum.net/index.php?topic=1148.0

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

Registered Loser posted:

Me and jiimy are gonna clean house on those weapons and armor hopefully

we gotta find more weird roleplayers to bamboozle. you remember that wookie dude that would buy stuff from us with no questions asked for whatever random price we told him?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Someone needs to resurrect that chill-as-gently caress saxophone playing Wookiee running on scripts outside of major starports and dispensing wisdom on passersby. That annoyed the piss out of RPer's on Basilisk.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
The new launcher is nice, but it says the Live server is online, and its not and makes me sad.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
You guys need to get on discord. We're all there.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
You guys going reb, or imp? I havent decided yet.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

LumberingTroll posted:

You guys going reb, or imp? I havent decided yet.

Imperial is stacked because "I want to be Darth Vader/Boba Fett" edgelords. A lot of people are going Rebel.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I feel like rebels would be the one stacked side because they usually are in star wars games.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Wasn't it strangely balanced at released or am I mis remembering.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Imperials just look cooler, and TIE Fighter was the better game, they always attract a bunch of people.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
server is up,

from the dev

darth posted:

@everyone It's the time you've been waiting for! We are officially live! An announcement post will be made tomorrow, but in effort to keep from having a queue waiting for the falcon instances, we thought we'd soft launch here first. Please make sure you are up to date using the launcher, and then edit your login.cfg and replace "beta.stellabellum.net" with 192.52.167.215. Have fun, and please be kind!

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
Coincidentally, I would like to thank the brave men and women in Discord for making tonight's SB forum meltdown possible.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Conskill posted:

Coincidentally, I would like to thank the brave men and women in Discord for making tonight's SB forum meltdown possible.

No poo poo, that was amusing.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
What's this about a meltdown, now?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Pack it up, back to Basilisk. gently caress this server.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Please post all drama for the benefit of gawkers tia

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Pack it up, back to Basilisk. gently caress this server.

Are the 4000 concurrent players you said would come crashing the servers? Please tell them to stop so when I finally get done downloading all these drat files from their launcher I can log in.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I made a jedi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I'm more concerned about the fact that they got caught opening the servers to friends & family, then wiped the server (with the same people showing up with leveled characters and harvesters)