Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I wanted to get this set up, but when I launch the StellaPatcher the first time I set a directory, and it crashed, now when I start it every time it gives a "StellaPatcher has stopped working" popup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Ok got a link to the full client, patched and ready to go.
http://pooprscooper.tartarus.feralhosting.com/swg/SWG_full_2.0.0.2c.7z

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Server is live, I just logged in. Actually I think its just the test center, Red-Dwarf :(

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 25, 2016

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

TerminalSaint posted:

Yeah, that's the test center.

I was playing for a bit, it runs very well. nostalgia has gripped me and I want to play more... Def gonna rock a BH, though I wish we could keep the changes of NGU but go back to the original class/skill system.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
The new launcher is nice, but it says the Live server is online, and its not and makes me sad.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
You guys going reb, or imp? I havent decided yet.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
server is up,

from the dev

darth posted:

@everyone It's the time you've been waiting for! We are officially live! An announcement post will be made tomorrow, but in effort to keep from having a queue waiting for the falcon instances, we thought we'd soft launch here first. Please make sure you are up to date using the launcher, and then edit your login.cfg and replace "beta.stellabellum.net" with 192.52.167.215. Have fun, and please be kind!

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Conskill posted:

Coincidentally, I would like to thank the brave men and women in Discord for making tonight's SB forum meltdown possible.

No poo poo, that was amusing.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Erev posted:

Fair points. I'll install and give it a try shortly. What do we need crafting wise?

A server to be live for us to play on :rimshot:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Arcland posted:

Assuming they aren't giving another head start to their friends.

I really dont understand why people care so much, being "first" doesnt mean anything, especially in a 5 year dead game. allowing the early testers to have a couple hours advantage is minimal at best, giving out free poo poo is dumb, but that was not supposed to happen and when darth found out he wiped the server. Also apparently he found an exploit and is fixing it, which is why the servers aren't live right now. it was posted in their help discord, but he removed the bit about the exploit, which makes sense, im sure he doesn't want people looking for it.

Sucks the servers been down though, I really wanted to play today and have to work the next five.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Yeah if they wipe Basilisk, Ill play. not much point if they dont though.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I wish there was a new server, or server wipe coming to one of these, I would play then... as it is now everything is so entrenched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Conskill posted:

There are alternate servers that run on SWGEmu code with tweaks and variations to taste, some fairly recent. I mentioned I play on Aftermath instead of Basilisk right now. It launched this year, so still fairly fresh, and features gameplay changes I like (modestly increased exp rate, covert/overt/TEF PvP system, and a unique Jedi implementation).

I mean, it's still SWG and its still gonna be a sandbox grind, but if the problem is just that Basilisk is stale there are alternatives out there.

I actually rolled a character on Legends and its pretty solid, its basically what StellaBellum was trying to be, though the server has been up over a year, but I havent seen less than 1100 people online at a time yet.

They only allow you 1 account, but you can have 6 characters, and 3 logged in at a time.

I also like that they do monthly events and dont seem to be afraid of adding new content.

I would play on a preNGE server as I like that character system way more, however I hate that there are no quests and its all just grinding...

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 7, 2017