Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

So when is it finally going back up? Although TBH I need to play this game again as much as I need shotgun dentistry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Where can I get the base game from nowadays or do you no longer need to have a physical copy anymore? gently caress, I used to have like 20 sets of SWG disks at one point and they have all gradually been binned :(

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

When I try to launch the game I get a "can't connect to the network at this time" error message.

Any ideas? Some server path that I need to direct the launcher to maybe?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Questions.

How do I play on a screen bigger than a postage stamp?
How do I pick up the spool of wire Han Solo sends me to find, nothing seems to work?

When I try to open the settings from the log in screen it just says I have an error and the game won't work. I t does work and when I modify the config file manually to give me bigger screen res it works but the text is tiny.

Halp Obi Wan.

OK I sorted the interact button, lol tilde, and found by opening the settings from the main directory I can set the screen res. I still can't seem to get bigger fonts size however and I am still getting the error message even with a delete and reinstall.
I am back playing again though!

Or not. Server been down all day :(

Burt fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 20, 2021

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

So I am on Resto3 and enjoying it, but I am struggling with getting money. I am trying to level an architect and have just hit a wall where I need money to harvest resources to advance but my harvesters need to be fed! This is compounded by the fact that it's so bloody difficult to transfer items and cash between characters on the same account without having a shared house. I want 10 alts dammit!

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Bloodplay it again posted:

Incredibly useful stuff

I love you.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

If anyone is playing on Ret 3 and has given up on the game, stick me, Burtressa, on admin on any of your non personal harvesters you may have dropped. I am seeing loads of harvesters burning around Mos Eisley and it makes me a sad Burt, as I could hopefully be selling anything they suck up!

Also if you have given up just give me all your stuff too obviously.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Bloodplay it again posted:

You can't add admins (even different char on same acct) to most harvesters to keep people from setting up multi-acct mining farms. I know it is true for all mineral harvesters but not sure about the other types.

Well that sucks. That's how I used to make a living!

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Not going to lie, this is, once again, taking over my life!!!

Got my Arti/Ardc/Shipw crafting her little socks off and my Wook Fambaa tipping and I am loving every minute of it.

Need more slots though, I am desperate to get a CH and get one of those 10m tall Kliniks!!!

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Get on Ret3, plenty of active guilds.

Questions;
How do I resign from the neutral pilot faction? I joined to get the ship for easy travel but I want to go Imperial but no matter what I do I can't resign, and the Imp recruiter won't talk to me until I do. I have deleted the ship and the first mission but the neutral trainer just keeps giving me a new ship and the first mission again!

When can I realistically start wearing armour? As in it won't cripple me just putting it on.

How do you make the monster pets??!! I am going CH simply to get a pair of massive sludge panthers!

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Cheers for that!

Now I am taking it that the Rattletrap pick up isn't working is it because I just dropped a load of harvesters in the arse end of Rori and was all excited about getting a free ride home and the loving thing doesn't work :(

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

SoUncool posted:

Is that the instant travel thing? Yeah, the devs disabled instant travel. Vehicles only. It's kind of annoying sometimes, but it's about the journey, not the destination? :confused:

It's annoying when I have 5 harvs on some good copper at 93% but it's 6km from nearest starport or shuttle. The pain of being a miner...*

*Which everyone is, gently caress trying to sell minerals to make money. :(

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

HiriseSoftware posted:

I did this for my basic attacks and it put the little check mark next to the icon, but it never attacked automatically. Is this R3's "AFK mitigation" or a bug, or something else?

You can set that as an auto attack then you use the keybind to toggle it, but it's really iffy if it fires or not. I just use a macro to fire off 4 attacks in each of the first toolbar slots, it's not perfect but it works. Just beware that you can get caught out when you need an emergency heal and your macro has sucked up all the cooldowns.

My current biggest gripe is the XP bars not reading correctly and disappearing whenever you train or swap zones, really annoying. That and the mail server working only when the winds in the right direction, makes keeping a vendor stocked somewhat painful when you don't know what's sold.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

GoGoGadget posted:

Yeah, it seems to be a heavily modified NGE build of the game. Which I guess is good. The worst part of NGE besides the junk loot meta was the classes being destroyed.

The more I play it, the more I'm disliking it. Maybe leveling as TKA just sucks? I don't know. The Legacy quests are so much more difficult than they should be, having gone through them in the NGE.

It's TKA. I have been doing it as a TKA and as a Carb, and even though my carb guy is 3 levels lower it's WAY easier.

I think the best way to do it is group up and get a couple of levels under your belt and revisit it. I have been doing this but still, there are points where something that is 5 levels below you and makes you double heal in a fight really sucks, and yes, I have a PSG and basic armour.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

HiriseSoftware posted:

Outside of doing legacy quests (currently on Ephant Mon at Jabba's), I've been doing NPC missions from the terminal for quick money which would be "quick" if not for the obscene amount of time it tells to destroy the "lair". Those Jabba quests so far hardly give any money, and I'd like to join the spin groups on Dantooine but I can't even afford to get off the planet!

At novice TKA (and before that, brawler 4xxx) my trick is to sweep them as the first attack to knock them down, and just lay into them as fast as possible. Oh, and the global cooldown sucks. But right now I've lost the will for questing and I'd like to join a spin group at some point. I could dance for tips...

Just go get a free space ship from the smugglers alliance guy in Eisley cantina. The galaxy is now your oyster. You don't even need to ever go into space. The person who gives you the very first starter quest will even give you a wp and mission to become a pilot. And I cannot say this enough times, you never have to ever even launch your ship, just use the travel option.

I joined my first spin group last night. We did 2 full sets of missions, so that's 14 total I think and I went from novice commando to 33xx and medic x3xx to 4xxx combat medic. Took maybe 2 hours tops. gently caress the theme park.

Also do the nyms starmap quest if you have someone at 80 who will help you on Dath. Thats about 700k xp plus some sweet space loot.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

bird food bathtub posted:

It was the crafting system getting hit with a tac nuke that did it for me. I really, really liked the old school resource system. Crafting from it was sort of meh, but I lived and died by that site that tracked server specific resources, current spawns, hunting across planets for good extractor drop sites and so on.

When it went away, so did I.

SWGcraft :rip:

I quite like the CU way of crafting, especially AS where you just add more cores to make better armour in whatever skin you like [up to a point].

I REALLY miss doc and CM crafting though. I used to make mind disease grenades using Janta blood and whatever else rare drops it took that could turn your maxed out mind bar black in seconds. The ticks were bigger than a master TK could meditate away. My CM/rifles was Jedi-bane.

Saying that I don't miss having to get buffs simply to put armour on.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Goast posted:

the resource system never really changed though? they also revamped weapon crafting in an actual good way a few years into the nge lmao

also swgcraft is still alive and well, working on every random emu server

I love you.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Is it possible to tame Grauls? I have food but still can't do it. Do I need tapes?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I am still playing and loving it with the exception that the only regular way to make money right now for me is spin groups or BH missions.
I have tried all forms of crafting but hit the resource wall fairly hard and nobody wants to buy current spawn resources. I have millions of very good stuff that I cannot even sell for cost.

So what I am saying is give me all your money.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

So I blinked and seem to have missed some drama that removed 2 [3?] of the biggest cities on Dant, all because of the mayor "allegedly" having multiple accounts, which seems rather harsh on everyone that was in the guild/citizens.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

So I think Resto is pretty dead at the momnet so I tried Legends and crikey, 1100 people online!
Made a couple of dudes to try out medic and BH but the first thing I noticed is the inflation! Went to buy a L90 gun and they started at like 100k and went up from there. Someone was spamming local with "capped" POB ships for 40 million!

How to I make money on Legends please? Either that or send Anyhoo or Burtressa any spare bazzilions you have laid about!

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

TerminalSaint posted:

When you get your vet rewards the crate of free resources will sell for upwards of 7 million if you're patient, and the self powered harvester deed for 1-2 million. It makes for a nice initial cash infusion. If you're into space content always check the stats on your looted parts before selling to the Chassis Dealer, I randomly looted a part that sold for 160 million that way. The pinned messages in the pilot channel of the Legends discord have handy info on that.

Brilliant, thank you for that! That's going to help a lot.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Drone posted:

Ugh alright I'm back in it. Rolling my old fallback rifleman/ranger, gonna gently caress around around Mos Eisley or something.

Where's the de facto capital hub on Finalizer, Coronet City or Mos Eisley?

If the answer to this is Coronet I'm in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Thats the exact build im working on right now, ha

The respeccing is extremely generous, you get back the full skill point cost of any skills you have learned, but you dont get back the xp. This allows you to freely level any way you want and drop skills you may have randomly picked if you need to have a few more skill points for something else

Are vehicle restoration kits a thing? I was an idiot with my customized swoop and now its dead. I already have another swoop, but Id like to get back my old one if possible

Repair it at a garage?