Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Neither of those statements are true, but I did just get off the phone with Firewhizzle and he totally said he'd love to be mayor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I'm not sure this is going to have enough population to be remotely interesting:

quote:

Note: the peak population during our beta was 55 players, of which about 25 were confined to a smaller area (PvP zone). Therefore, we have been unable to optimize server performance to a larger population. We strive to improve performance over the coming weeks of live operation.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
It is kind of tempting to play on a fresh server with JTL if we can get a few of us doing it and i dont have to tell people where not to put houses

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Levarris posted:

In all seriousness though, Dinko if you don't want to be the "responsible guy" this time around, I'll do it. Considering I am not a developer for this project and plan to just play the game there won't be any conflict of interest for me now.

I look foward to placing my house in a retarded spot in your town

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Pretty sure that if you drop it and then pick it back up within 10 seconds, its fine.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
The discord link is broke, what are we using?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Thanks alex, i'm in. Ready for server takeover if it doesn't poo poo itself on day 1 due to load.

Client install guide is here, it downloads the full SWG client for you:
https://forums.stellabellum.net/index.php/topic,576.0.html

Use the bit for "option 2's 2nd option"

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Dec 14, 2016

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

TerminalSaint posted:

I'm the person who got mad that they added jedi as a base class because it's not era appropriate. :mad:

I was the person who got mad that they added jedi as a base class as i did the entire loving village grind like a month before

mistetravn posted:

I too miss JTL. But I also miss playing my bounty hunter.....

I also have fond memories of JTL, I'd like to give that a shot again. I think they said for Stella Bellum there's a 7 character limit so you can have whatever you want, and IIRC pilot skills are trainable with other classes too so you can be a pilot bounty hunter mans. Didn't they have atmospheric flight near the end of SWG too?

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 20, 2016

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I've always leaned towards imperial because tie fighters make a cool noise and stormtroopers have a way cooler outfit than rebel soldiers who get cycling helmets and waist coats

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Yeah I'm probably going to start a crafter first and try to make all the shiny things. Figured if we can get a medium size house up off the bat with some somewhat decent crafting stations in and some storage, that can serve as City/Guild HQ until we can actually make the right buildings so we can give you official glorious leader status. Plus we can use those decent crafting stations to then get some mining industry going rather than having to hand sample everything

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

bad-yeti posted:

Which version are you guys all playing?

What Levarris said, its a fresh server starting up so if we can get enough goons in from the start then we can probably run things economically. And in PvP too as we will be spacerich as gently caress.
Does anyone more knowledgeable with NGE if crafter made gear is still what everyone is using, or did NGE make loot drop stuff more preferable?

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 21, 2016

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

bad-yeti posted:

Same, just need to wait for my copy of SWG to arrive.

No need to wait

Ahdinko posted:

Thanks alex, i'm in. Ready for server takeover if it doesn't poo poo itself on day 1 due to load.

Client install guide is here, it downloads the full SWG client for you:
https://forums.stellabellum.net/index.php/topic,576.0.html

Use the bit for "option 2's 2nd option"

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
If the servers are getting hammered, skip straight to Tatooine. There's some thing about the tutorial area is instanced and they can only support so many instances at once, so if you go in to the tutorial and its full, you get placed into some kind of queue

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Eh, its an unpaid volunteer project run by people in their evenings after work. I cant do anything like this myself and its free so im not going to judge them for not going into crunch time on christmas day

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Conskill posted:

Speaking of, is the Stella Bellum forums currently experiencing crippling goonterror or is there another group of "toxic elitists" that has ruffled their feathers?

I dont think anyone knows goons are playing stella, nobody has posted about it in the forums or tried to start any goonfear.

Do we know where we are setting up? Is cnet still the player hotspot? If so throwing our houses down in prep for the city as close to the main city as we can would probably do us well commercially

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Dec 30, 2016

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Arven posted:

What type of trader/crafter class is everyone planning on doing? It looks like we're pretty close (TC is down), so may be ought to work that out.

I was gonna do armoursmith/weaponsmith, levarris was going to do structures. I think goggles said he wanted to do domestic arts. We should probably have multiples anyway though so do what you like :p

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jan 1, 2017

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Erev posted:

As a pre-CU fanatic explain to me why I should play. I was a rifleman/droid engineer if it helps.

I was all pre-cu before i played this, turns out the thing that ruined the game was CU, this is NGE which is actually decent

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Clarence posted:

Do I just install the new launcher in the same folder as the previously downloaded files? (I downloaded a single archive as the previous launcher didn't want to work)

Also, is Red Dwarf the live server? I'm still seeing the character I made on test before the new year, so I think I might be pointing at the wrong one. And I can log in, even though the patcher says live is up and test is offline...

Right now it sounds like their hardware has poo poo the bed:

https://forums.stellabellum.net/index.php?topic=1307.0

the patcher status thing is just a placeholder thing afaik

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Conskill posted:

One of the devs is currently clarifying that they do not know if it's the controller or the HDD, and if it's the HDD, yup, everything needs to be set up again from the start.

Now I'm a simple country video game player, but I don't understand why aren't they talking about just backing up from their last major revision instead? They... do backups, right?

The server hadnt quite "gone live" yet so they hadn't done a backup on it. Based on the screenshot of their server, the controller is picking up ok, so I'm pretty sure the disks are hosed and their new live server is gone so they have to get the parts replaced and rebuild it.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Burt posted:

So when is it finally going back up? Although TBH I need to play this game again as much as I need shotgun dentistry.

Probably a week or two. They're fixing some bugs that got uncovered so they can't put an exact date on it

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Why does Basilisk seem to be the red headed stepchild around here?

I dont think it is, Basilisk is where we had our biggest goon population and probably the most hilarious stories, unfortunately that was like 2-3 years ago and it has not changed much since so theres nothing new to drag goons back there.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
When they had a level 1 or 2 city, we would occasionally drop harvesters on the borders of their city named stuff like "gently caress windsor, quahog rules" so as their city levelled up, or harvesters would become a part of their city and they couldnt get rid of them.

Also dont forget valliant not-spy goon hero, Double-Oh Seven

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Is that on basilisk? Whos still keeping the mantina alive?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
drat it, do i need to find my discs again?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Yeah a wipe makes it even more tempting to play

Shotgun not mayor.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I really wanted that wipe, I'll probably still give it a whirl when pub 9 drops though

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Stella Bellums source code and a prepackaged server VM got released last week so maybe something fun will happen. Levarris, you know what to do! (Which is consider running the server, then instead drink until you pass out)

https://bitbucket.org/theswgsource/swg-main
https://www.swgsource.com/forums/

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 23, 2017

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Jiimy posted:

tbh i cried reading this

Everyone sheds a tear for city graul

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

basic hitler posted:

you'll need the blessing of everyone else though so, prior mayors step up i guess?

Never!

If you need me to place a building or something i can, but mayoring goons is the worst.

Especially Jiimy.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Levarris posted:

You can have 6 per account, 3 online at a time.

Someone find Ahdinko. We need our Eternal Mayor to deliver us to the promised land.

I will play but City Graul will lead you all to victory

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
If Suncrusher actually comes out, I will run in the election for the Mayor of GoonTown 2.0. As long as you all promise to not put your houses right outside the bloody cantina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Apparently legends has functional JTL too... alright I'm going to fire this up next week once I've finished spending my evenings tiling my bathrooms