Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Welp, I'm moving off Dantooine. Any goon towns or compounds or lean-tos on Tatooine or Correlia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Login server not connecting for anyone else?

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

whatspeakyou posted:

This server is fantastic. Lev thanks for doing this.

Agreed. Just got it installed, never looking back.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

So which planet do goons migrate to in stardust?

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Mindisgone posted:

Also I would like to start a crafting and possibly a surveying guild. I am going to post more about it in Stardust forums but for the goons not already here hop on this hotness. :thumbsup:

I'm intrigued.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

I'm an adult now, with a wife and a job. Please keep xp multipliers, I don't have as much grind time as I did the summer after Senior year.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Hey how do factories work? I've never progressed in crafting past novice chef.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Been playing on Infinity server. Small population but good community free of drama. 5x XP, i think. Anyone else still playing?

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

ModeSix posted:

Maybe it'll be a thing, maybe I'll end up playing it by myself.

I'd be interested in a goon-run server.

No XP boost, though? I'm not sure if I'm up to the full grind anymore. I'm an old man in his thirties with a job and a family.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

ModeSix posted:

Edit: I've set the XP multiplier to 2.5x to make the grind... less grind.

Count me in. I made a character just now and will play tonight after the kid goes to sleep.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

In the little I played this morning, I got stopped three times in and near Mos Eisley. All the best guns are sliced, anyway, I say remove it or at least reduce it.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

ModeSix posted:

I guess this is happening, even if I am the only one that ever uses it.

A couple quality of life things you may consider that I've seen implemented elsewhere:

1) In vanilla, training a master profession skill requires "mentorship" experience (or something, I forget the actual term) only acquired by teaching skills to others. In a low population server, this can be problematic. You could set the mentorship XP required to 0 but keep the credits requirement for training.

2) I've seen vehicle "summon" times reduced from 15 seconds to 5 or 3. Convenient, but some might consider it cheap, I guess.

3) Raising the number of missions possible to take at a time from 2 to 4 or even 6. Helps the grind faster, either for XP, credits, or faction, with less down time going back and forth between mission terminals.

4) Raising starter credit amount. No need to go nuts, but I think vanilla is 1000 and a lot of servers do several times that.

Just some food for thought. I think those would probably all be easy to implement, but I know nothing about coding.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Also the max characters online count is currently set at one. I tried making an entertainer to heal my marksman's battle fatigue but they can't both be on at the same time :(

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Getting the Galaxies itch again. Haven't seen any posts in a few months. What server are goons still playing on?

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Just looked up Empire in Flames and it sounds promising. Any goons there?

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Does anyone play Finalizer or are all the goons in Legends?

I'm getting the itch to revisit this game but last time was 4 years ago on a dead server.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

So I'm not sure if anyone else here played on the Stardust server back in 2019 (which eventually closed down,) but they've restarted the server.

It has the same two bar, streamlined combat system (no mind.) And an XP multiplier. I started today and am having fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Ulesi posted:

But how am I supposed to mind bleed everyone :(

Rifleman is my preferred combat profession, so I feel you.