Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Got bored and am playing this game on Bloodfin. If anyone's got some good gear that's going to waste, let me know. Would be happy to take it off your hands. Will do naughty things for legendaries/exceptionals

Tide fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Freakazoid_ posted:

SWG is dead. Let it rest in peace.

I try, but keep getting sucked back into it. Even still playing the train wreck that is bloodfin. Stockholm syndrome, battered wife syndrome, whatever you want to call it. I'd love to switch servers, but I'm fairly well geared up (except aforementioned requested legendary or exceptional gear :haw: ) and gently caress starting over again....

But I've accepted the flaws of bloodfin, sith holocron whaever version is being used (that for the life of me, I cannot find) and the game itself. It is what it is.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
can't fault you for that. but thats also why i avoid their vent.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
but anyway, if anyone doesn't want their account anymore...PM me.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

30.5 Days posted:

you're kidding me

:shrug:

2003 game...2003 voice comms

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Just read through the thread after finding my discs again. What happened to Bloodfin? It seemed so promising. This thread doesn't say much more than a vague, "drama happened," so I'd love to hear more.

Bloodfin is a bit of a mess atm.

PvP is dead since the main imperial pvp guild left to go to another server (swgflurry). A decent amount of population went with them (or quit). On the technical side, its running worse and worse each day. I get a half dozen desync's and have to restart in a couple hour play session. I am thinking about biting the bullet and going to either swgflurry or rogueone full time. The few times I've played on those two, the servers were rock solid. rogueone has double the population of the others so will probably end up there.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah that's a problem with all the emus. Many of them are pretty talented coders or whatever but lousy at communicating with their players. Even just carrying a conversation is difficult for most of them. If some of the more talented devs would simply sit back and do their thing and let a couple of people who know how to run forums and talk to players, they'd probably get a pretty healthy population.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Been playing on SWGFlurry. Its quite good. Stable, no desyncs. PvP is really unbalanced since Jedi can spam the poo poo out of heals without any real force cost. Population is...okay...but seems to be growing.

Currently relearning my way around cheat engine because why not. Can't find sith holocron or any versions.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
anyone playing this old rear end game should really get to flurry. lots of good changes coming this way. one rebel guild is dominating pvp, so if pvp is your thing go there and roll imperial.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
They all are run mb imbeciles. Cry tit, man child imbeciles. at this point, its finding the least cry tit, man child imbecile.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Septic Tank Gulag posted:

So is the consensus Flurry or Bloodfin, goons?

Bloodfin about to upgrade to pub 8, which is a full two years behind everyone else. Also, going to wipe because LOL bloodfin.
Flurry is run by literal man children.
Pick your poison.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I've got a account and names reserved, but not playing there. Going to wit until the server matures a bit, then maybe dip my toes in the bloodfin waters, but it's doubtful. Playing on another server at the moment....plus, I'm on the hunt for the sith holocron 2.0 program, but my google skills are failing me

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I’d argue against playing on Bas actually and instead pick one of the other more customized servers. Yeah, you run the risk of pay 2 win and blatant favoritism (Bas dev favoritism is hidden juuuust below the surface) but the others offer faster progression, an arguably more open economy and more content

I am back on bloodfin and really the only problem there (so far) has been some server stability issues and pvp is dominated by one imperial guild. Rebels can’t organize or coordinate anything. There’s no crazy legendary weapons and successful pvp depends on teamwork and group set up. It’s actually quite gear balanced, to be honest

A goon incursion would do well, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Playing on bloodfin precu server again. it's stable, low player pop count thou. (one of the many ways) they hosed up was trying to put together an nge server. saw legends numbers and thought 'they will play here!'. newwwwp. but the precu server is running well, some good custom content. easy to grind, easy to get jedi, no exceptionals or legendaries to throw off the curve.

Rebels could use help in pvp, though. you can be reasonably geared pretty quick. pretty sure some rebels would help you out or at least some altruistic imperials looking for some competition.

get in on the ground floor if and when the server ever picks back up (yeah right).

Tide fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 3, 2018