Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013
Does NGE still have the alien penalty to Imperial faction point gain (or was it negligible to begin with)? Kinda wanna roll a lizardman this time around.

Interested in another groundfloor attempt at an SWG emulator, especially with JTL this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013
If the servers get bumrushed early on, would it be better to start with Tansarii or skip straight to Tatooine? I forget how much xp you can get doing everything in the Tutorial area

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Ahdinko posted:

If the servers are getting hammered, skip straight to Tatooine. There's some thing about the tutorial area is instanced and they can only support so many instances at once, so if you go in to the tutorial and its full, you get placed into some kind of queue

I recall them saying something about that, was just curious if skipping it boned you in some way gear or xp wise.

Though if I recall, the first character you make gets forced there either way, correct?

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Arven posted:

Does NGE have doctor/entertainer buffs? As much as I loved the original game, I hated the whole buffing thing. Also, is there any disadvantage to just using auto-aim for everything in NGE? Messing around on the test center and it seems like there isn't.

There is buffing, but it isn't as necessary for content as it was in Pre-CU.

It's closer to what buffs are in other MMOs, something extra rather than something necessary.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Levarris posted:

In the NGE, everyone starts in Mos Eisley, and pretty much everyone ends up using their own ships for travel. For all intents and purposes Eisley will most likely be the only static city that retains a permanent population of players. Most others will just be people passing through.

Plus if we settle down somewhere on Tatooine then we can make an authentic Afgoonistan. Though we wont be able to place Naboo and Corellian style houses if that matters.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013
Get the new launcher here if you haven't seen the announcement: https://forums.stellabellum.net/index.php?topic=1148.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Arcland posted:

Assuming they aren't giving another head start to their friends.

Which would be dumb to do, considering everyone else is on edge and will look for/find signs of it (houses, big buildings, swoops) when the server comes back on.

At the very least, I kinda want to see how this all pans out just out of morbid curiosity (dead game, goon supremacy, devs take their code and run, etc).