Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Ahdinko posted:

Neither of those statements are true, but I did just get off the phone with Firewhizzle and he totally said he'd love to be mayor

Can confirm. Just spoke with Firewhizzle and he volunteered to be goon leader with Ahdinko being vice leader. Should be fun times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Levarris posted:

The NGE really was good in its later years. You should give it a shot at least.

It actually wasn't too bad towards the end. I basically remember running around city invasions calling down death strikes from above and having fun. Sadly, with only 50 or so people probably playing, city invasions (literally the only PVP that was fun in the game) aren't really going to be a thing ever again.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Vriess posted:

If they aren't selling it and the code is all original code (even if reverse-engineered from a trademarked binary to reproduce it), then it should be a-ok.

That's not how IP law works.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Ahdinko posted:

The discord link is broke, what are we using?

Up to you, guild leader.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

tadashi posted:

I haven't seen Rogue One, yet, but here's what I've come to appreciate about SWG.

Takes place between Eps 4 and 5
Features a Pole-arm wielding class that was fun as hell (Pikeman)
Features droids you can use in combat to help you
Darth Vader would occasionally appear in live events to send his minions after rebels
It's Star Warsy but has a very different actual atmosphere than the Star Wars films that existed at the time including the use of viable weapons and tactics as yet unseen in Star Wars films
Does not directly involve the canon heroes as primary characters
As a rebel player, you can score minor victories but you'll never actually defeat the Empire

Basically, 13 years ago, SOE created Rogue One: The MMO.

there's a commando-like dude too who reminded me of how i played my commando in SWG.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Ahdinko posted:

I've always leaned towards imperial because tie fighters make a cool noise and stormtroopers have a way cooler outfit than rebel soldiers who get cycling helmets and waist coats

cycling helmets and waist coats are literally my fetish, so pls sign me up in advance, ty.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe i'm remembering things wrong, but I thought for PVP purposes (in NGE), the only thing that truly mattered was having the right jewelry set. City invasions were the only real source of PVP though.... unless everyone flagged, got in an 8 seater, and waited for an idiot try and gank the single dot on the map.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Even though I disliked NGE, it was still significantly better than SWTOR. I don't care what anyone says, but SWTOR will forever be garbage.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Base on one of the planets with the city invasions imo. That's probably going to be where the only PVP happens (at least it was in actual NGE). I think the Keren was typically the busiest of the cities back in actual, but vOv

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
City invasions were fun once they got around to adding them... But that's really the only thing about the NGE that I cared for.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

LLCoolJD posted:

I called Goontown home a few years ago but I am certain my home is long gone. What a great town it was, though. :rip:

:same: where is dodgin / fireswizzle and ahdinko... We need to play games and kill man's again

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

TerminalSaint posted:

The mad bastards are actually gonna do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHHr5O1QAUM

:captainpop:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

FireWhizzle posted:

Its actually good imo. Paired with the shader updates + texture updates that the IM3 people did it doesn't feel like stretched poop over an intern's blender mistake either.

I enjoyed Legends and it has lots of content but ymmv. Leveling is easy iirc - there's a base on corellia that everyone goes to to get plvled to 90 if you don't like doing the quests/grinds.

That's kind of dumb imo doing the dumb kiting grinds in bizarre locations was always half the fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
As much as I missed the old days, the later day city defend/Invasion battles were insanely fun and whenever I go to any of the OG servers I kind of miss that type of pvp