Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Conskill posted:

I remember JTL being quite fun, and I look forward to finally doing that content again.

I too miss JTL. But I also miss playing my bounty hunter.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Ahdinko posted:

I was the person who got mad that they added jedi as a base class as i did the entire loving village grind like a month before

I also have fond memories of JTL, I'd like to give that a shot again. I think they said for Stella Bellum there's a 7 character limit so you can have whatever you want, and IIRC pilot skills are trainable with other classes too so you can be a pilot bounty hunter mans. Didn't they have atmospheric flight near the end of SWG too?

Nope. No atmospheric flight that I saw, though I missed the last day due to work. I had multiple accounts, so I pretty much had one of each combat class, and fully trained pilots in each faction.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Imp. Always imp, except for 1 alt maybe. Useful to have an opposite faction alt some times. Maybe name my reb alt Valosna........

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Levarris posted:

Valosna... that name is familiar.

Should be. lol. I was the one that took over val's accounts when he was forbidden to play any longer.

Fake edit: since I was so terrible at medic, I should make a val medic alt and continue to suck at medic.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Ahdinko posted:

What Levarris said, its a fresh server starting up so if we can get enough goons in from the start then we can probably run things economically. And in PvP too as we will be spacerich as gently caress.
Does anyone more knowledgeable with NGE if crafter made gear is still what everyone is using, or did NGE make loot drop stuff more preferable?
Should need crafters to make the armor, clothing, and weapons with sockets. They also need to make the bits to go into the sockets.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

2DCAT posted:

Maybe i'm remembering things wrong, but I thought for PVP purposes (in NGE), the only thing that truly mattered was having the right jewelry set. City invasions were the only real source of PVP though.... unless everyone flagged, got in an 8 seater, and waited for an idiot try and gank the single dot on the map.

The jewelry sets were pretty much a must have thing, but you still needed good augmented armor, clothing and weapons.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Bear in the Woods posted:

Does NGE still have the alien penalty to Imperial faction point gain (or was it negligible to begin with)? Kinda wanna roll a lizardman this time around.

Interested in another groundfloor attempt at an SWG emulator, especially with JTL this time.

No penalties for that as far as I remember in the NGE.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Just started the first mission as an imp pilot. I'm liking this....

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Still not live. :(

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Conskill posted:

To be fair, it's still pretty early in the day.

I won't be shocked if they delay again, but I haven't foreclosed on hope that they'll launch today.

True. I cancelled 2 meetings in hopes of launch today. Oh well. Guess I'll kill the time by opening up eve online and watching my ship spin.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

BadLlama posted:

^ Well gently caress me sideways nevermind.

So to play SWG in any of these projects do I need to magically figure out where my 12 year old CD are? I feel like the game came with like 6 of those fuckers for the install.

Look at the post just above your's. It has links to download all you need for Stella Bellum.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

About 2am EST, they said: "Live will be a bit delayed. Darth went to bed after ~48 hours and while some of us are doing configurations we need him to do final adjustments tomorrow.
Sorry about that - we wish you happy holidays!"

akma
Jan 30, 2016

The patcher stopped working last night. Even for those who already had it installed and working. Server side issue.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Arven posted:

*edit* Looks like mine is doing it now too. If you download the whole game from that thread that was linked earlier, you can just run SwgClient_r directly from the folder and it works fine. I'm on the test center right now learning how to play NGE.

They have a blue frog up in Mos Eisley. It'll allow you to jump to level 90, let you become a master pilot, and supply you with free gear for testing, etc.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Ahdinko posted:

Eh, its an unpaid volunteer project run by people in their evenings after work. I cant do anything like this myself and its free so im not going to judge them for not going into crunch time on christmas day

Yeah. Can't complain really. So I'm taking advantage of the wait to play on their test server in the mean time and trying to remember templates and combinations augmentations to use with them.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Levarris posted:

For PvP especially you might as well be naked without it.

I do seem to recall a mass naked PvP battle or two on Bloodfin or Starsider at some point.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Levarris posted:

This is why we have our own discord.

Yesterday they were discussing your alleged propensity for sending black cock pics to synge and others in their community discord........

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Elmon posted:

seems like the discord got nixed since it kind of died soonish after stella bellum launch. Any new congregation spot or are Stella Bellum based servers not really up yet.

Stella Bellum servers are kind of like unicorns, aliens, or bigfoot. Lots of people claim to have seen them, but there's never any verifiable evidence of their presence found, and you can never find one when you go looking for them,

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Tide posted:

I try, but keep getting sucked back into it. Even still playing the train wreck that is bloodfin. Stockholm syndrome, battered wife syndrome, whatever you want to call it. I'd love to switch servers, but I'm fairly well geared up (except aforementioned requested legendary or exceptional gear :haw: ) and gently caress starting over again....

But I've accepted the flaws of bloodfin, sith holocron whaever version is being used (that for the life of me, I cannot find) and the game itself. It is what it is.

I tried bloodfin. Got on their voice comms, heard Tammy's shrill voice and promptly logged out and deleted the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Antifa Spacemarine posted:

Is anyone playing on Legends? I am having some fun but I really want to join a player city with non-grognards.

Yeah. I'm on there. Slowly doing the ace of aces thing on one character. I've yet to get into heroics and such yet, so not properly equipped for anything yet on the ground.