Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet
Yay :sa:

I want to play with goons and live in afgoonistan.
I'm discording now. How do I play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Sweet. I'm already on step 2. Having a blast.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

So... This server is based on leaked source code? How did they come by it? Last time I decided to let SWGemu piss me off I had found a forum post somewhere stating that Sony claimed they didn't even have access to it any more.

Some one buy an old computer at a pawn shop?

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

randombattle posted:

I had a real fun 54 minutes before it went down.

I got a metal pipe and shot lightning at some episode 1 robots.

That sounds so fun I can't wait.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Levarris posted:

That's an interesting story...

Well, lets see. Back in November 2012 I first joined the ProjectSWG team (which is still the only actual NGE Emulation effort out there). I ended up running their small QA team and soon hired someone by the name of Firefly to the team to work in QA. Some of us on the team already had fostered limited friendships with a few former SOE devs such as Jaskell and Tony "Teesquare" Tyson and a few others. Unbeknownst to myself and others on the "PSWG" team Firefly cultivated a relationship with a former SOE Dev who was known as "Dev Shade" his real name I have forgotten. Firefly eventually convinced Dev Shade to mail her an old hard drive that contained what he said were a bunch of developer tools, it turned out to be the full source code for the game. We did not know she was in possession of it for some time however. She was jaded and disillusioned with the PSWG team and kept it a secret.

Long story short, she honey potted a former SOE Dev to get the source. She wanted to hoard it for herself and a few others, eventually it got loose.

So basically it got found at a pawn shop lol. Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Levarris posted:

Routine admin abuse, high levels of cronyism, and an illicit cash shop (credit sales and in game item sale micro-transactions; Something that would actually get Disney to give a drat about these projects and actually shut them down if they got wind of it.) run by the guy in charge of that team.

Oh and they don't have any actual developers.

Uck I hope Disney doesn't through a fuss. And if they do I hope it gets moved to Russian servers and ignored.