Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nizumzen
Oct 8, 2017
I've never played this game before but I've been recommended it by numerous people. I've got SWGEmu all installed and set up so just waiting for a free moment when I can have a bit of an explore and see what you can do in it.

Some of the YouTube videos I've seen have been interesting but it is the crafting that really grabs my attention. It does seem like a rather deep game to just into though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nizumzen
Oct 8, 2017

Frog Act posted:

It is a pretty deep game, particularly with regards to crafting. Do you know what you want to craft? Going down a specific crafting path requires a LOT of grinding and accumulating appropriate materials - the supermajority of stuff you make will just be for practice and not worth anything.

If you do know, and can stomach some spreadsheet style thinking, you can get pretty rich selling top tier items and resources. However, as people ITT have noted, Basilisk has a deeply entrenched economy and thus even higher end crafted items are relatively cheap. So you'll probably need an alternate character to level up first to acquire seed money and learn the mechanics before you start a crafting grind, because the payoff will be delayed and niche. I suggest making a combat character you find entertaining and taking that one to master something, then use money from missions with him to buy crafting grind kits.

Send me a tell in game if you want some guidance, but just jumping into crafting is probably not the best idea. It is workable if you really want to, tho

Thank you for the advice. I could certainly start off doing combat stuff. I don't mind in the slightest and as you said would probably be a good way to amass a bit of money. I'll do a bit more research on all the crafting stuff because, truth be told, I am quite clueless about it.

I'm just looking for a new game to play and this seems to fit the bill. I might even stream it. Sometimes you get kind people popping into newbie streams offering advice as you play. I'll have a bit of free time in 2 or 3 days time so I might return then when I know a bit more about it. At the moment all I have done is make a character to reserve my name.