Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Yeah, the space stuff was pretty solid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
God, whatever you do, don't hang out in the SB discords (either the dev one or the community one).

It's all people getting mad that they're being censored by SJWs trying to stop them from saying human being and friend of the family in their star war chat.

Unmoderated pubbies. :stare:

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Levarris posted:

This is why we have our own discord.

Oh word, I'd like an invite; the old link expired. Thanks!

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I'm about to give Legends a whirl. Should I bother with the "ILM" graphics alterations? I'm always skeptical of user-created upgrades like that.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I'm having fun with Legends, but it still cracks me up how the NGE made the space bar a jump button to be more like WoW, but it's just a jump emote that doesn't actually impact your character movement.

edit: I'm enjoying running around /yelling STAR WARS

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Made a very muscular Ithorian named Basketball Jones on the new server. Will I get any further than that? :iiam:

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I ran into the same poo poo on Finalizer (SWGemu). It was like going back in time 20 years, both in terms of the game's vintage and the edgelord bullshit.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
So, if anyone needs some entertainment buffs, I'm all leveled up. I'm Portario Jaz-Drive in game.

queeb posted:

drat this actually sounds dope as hell, i've never played SWG, is the legends server ok for a newbie?

It might be the best newbie option. Legends emulates the latter era "New Game Experience" overhaul, which at the time was lambasted for dumbing down the game. I think it actually made some smart changes, but people were already fed up with the way the game was changing course without warning at that point.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
It works every time!

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
The only thing I've found tough so far about Entertaining for cash is knowing where to be when. Mos Eisley cantina is great for finding people in general, but that also means there tend to be other entertainers already set up, and I feel like a jerk swooping in on their hustle. Even going back to the original game, I always preferred finding a more remote spot, where I'd catch people who are off on adventures, but I don't know what normal players are up to or where they're headed.

Legends doesn't seem so populated that you can just set up shop in any old cantina.

It's an interesting flip side to the NGE entertainment situation: it's more interactive, which is cool, but that also makes it more competitive. No more giant supergroups.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

My personal style is starting to come together.

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 23, 2023

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Levarris posted:

The OP of the thread actually is valid again. The Stardust server relaunched yesterday.

https://www.stardust-swg.com/

Cool beans, good work. It sounds like an interesting approach, too.

You (I assume you wrote what's on that page) come across pretty bitter, lol. I'm sure dealing with SWG players will do that to a person.

edit: installed and ready to give it a whirl. Got a master dancer on Finalizer, master entertainer on Legends... why not grind up my booty-shaking on another server? I'll check back later for some admins to come online for account approval.

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
If anyone needs to be entertained, come see Johnny JazDrive in the mos eisley cantina.