Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I haven't seen Rogue One, yet, but here's what I've come to appreciate about SWG.

Takes place between Eps 4 and 5
Features a Pole-arm wielding class that was fun as hell (Pikeman)
Features droids you can use in combat to help you
Darth Vader would occasionally appear in live events to send his minions after rebels
It's Star Warsy but has a very different actual atmosphere than the Star Wars films that existed at the time including the use of viable weapons and tactics as yet unseen in Star Wars films
Does not directly involve the canon heroes as primary characters
As a rebel player, you can score minor victories but you'll never actually defeat the Empire

Basically, 13 years ago, SOE created Rogue One: The MMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Let's say I had the expertise and resources to start my own server, does anyone know a good place to start? I found some old guides but I am not sure what the latest available publicly builds are to work with.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I saw Solo and it kind of made me miss this dumb game. Much like SWG (especially if Goons were involved), there's a real chaos to a lot of things in the movie and it's not always Star Warsy.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Lurken posted:

I’m still playing, Having a good time being casually affiliated with Death before Dishonor. Do you have PMs?

Is that the same guild from Lowca or is that just a common-enough name that somebody was going to use it?

Any EMU servers worth a drat right now? Kind of feel like loving around assuming they haven't updated the graphics requirements or something.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 27, 2022