Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobophobe
Nov 14, 2004

That rug really tied the room together.
Alright, myself and a friend are gonna head to the Yukon Territory in December. Our plan revolves around living in a quincy, dropping acid and staring at the northern lights. Anyone have advice for other things to see and do while we are up there, necessary supplies, general information, etc? We are Canadians, so the cold does not scare us, we welcome and embrace it.

Hobophobe fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobophobe
Nov 14, 2004

b0ner of doom posted:

hey there,

i'm from/live in yukon territory. where in yukon are you planning to go and what do you like to do (winter activities wise) and then maybe i can give some suggestions.

Only a rough travel itinerary so far, but we're gonna start out in Prince George and drive NW on highways 16 and 37. We have only one stop planned enroute, in Dease Lake. Then we continue north into the YT, Whitehorse, whatever is cool in between and eventually we hope to make it all the way up to Dawson City. At some point, either on the way to or from, we will try to make the trip to Atlin BC as well.

We'll probably do new years eve in Whitehorse, but Classified's new album kinda sucked so whatever.

How much does a pack of Canadian Classics go for up there?

Epitope posted:

-Something to lay on for extended sky gazing
-Hot chocolate whiskey

We've got winter foamies, sleeping bags and a queen-size down blanket. I will stock up on whiskey, schnapps ain't gonna cut it. Hot chocolate is just a given.

Epitope posted:

Also I have a related question. If it's 40 below and there's no plug in, will the car still start?

Our vehicle is tried-and-tested in PG winters, never had a problem. But we will of course take necessary precautions to avoid freezing to death.

Picnic Princess posted:

Why do you spell quinzhee weird?

Very good question. That's the only way I've ever seen it spelled, I had no idea.

Hobophobe fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 29, 2016

Hobophobe
Nov 14, 2004

Thanks so much for all the info b0nerman! Very helpful.

b0ner of doom posted:

I'm not sure if you're serious about sleeping in a snowfort but I wouldn't personally lol.

Yeah, it sounds a little crazy but that's the whole point. It's an adventure!

• Locked thread