Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Verdugo posted:

Creative convention is a few forums down. The Trumpocalypse is not going to happen.

Can you go into more detail on why you believe this to be true, or is it just a drive-by shrug (I'm not being snarky; I'm genuinely asking either way)?

Three weeks ago, I would have said - and, in fact, did say - that most whites were "too comfortable" to pull the pin and throw a Trump hand grenade into the seat of POTUS. Yeah, he would get votes from crazy people: white supremacists, male supremacists, and the like. But I thought that most people were relatively too comfortable to burn the whole thing to the ground.

Sure, all humans have an undercurrent of racism and sexism and fear, but ultimately it's a pretty comfortable thing whites have going on here. I did not think they would vote to lose their own health care (ACA), education (the new billionaire bitch who vows to de-fund public schooling in favor of vouchers), tax base (good-bye estate tax and welfare and and and), friends (p much everybody has at least one friend who is gay / a woman / otherwise hosed by this change), and planet (climate change deniers in charge! woo!). I thought most people were too comfortable to vote for a man who has irrationally vowed to basically burn most of the infrastructure that's given them a decent life.

Given that we now live in this world, I was wrong.

So, what makes you think these people are "too comfortable" to start shooting women, gay people, and folks who fail the paper bag test? Again, I'm not trying to be snarky or rude - if you have reassurances, please, please talk about them. I'm not a straight white man, and I am scared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
Okay so cool nobody has an answer other than ignoring a request for real data.

Great!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread