Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

alright who's the joker who built not one, but FIVE mrs doubtfire hosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

analysis: why do all hosts reboot and update on the 21st of September? who chose that date?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Boiled Water posted:

analysis: why do all hosts reboot and update on the 21st of September? who chose that date?

*all eyes turn to the neckbearded european*

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cocoa Crispies posted:

*furiously jams "ROBIN WILLIAMS WORLD" card in suggestion box*

sorry, again, we tried TOYSWorld but the guests complained the elephant was too frequent and the hosts too obvious

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I'm about to quit over supervising the interns' migrating all the source code just to do a cute rebranding of all UTF-8 renderings of \\✓/ to \W/. Like, nobody cares, and I don't need to keep explaining how to escape backslashes.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Boiled Water posted:

earth wind and fire day?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Powaqoatse posted:

alright who's the joker who built not one, but FIVE mrs doubtfire hosts.

i'm still trying to figure out who tasked ConDiv with building an entire replica of Saigon so that they could do Good Morning Vietnam

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
apparently the FBI was here in the aftermath of the incident. they were really interested in any details anyone could come up with regarding Ford, especially his eating habits for some reason? whole thing makes me nervous. left a card for an 'Agent Clarice Starling', saying to call if anything occurs.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry but while they're much nicer looking we've had to pull the Apple hosts from the park after repeated complaints about unfamiliar ports.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

crusader_complex posted:

apparently the FBI was here in the aftermath of the incident. they were really interested in any details anyone could come up with regarding Ford, especially his eating habits for some reason? whole thing makes me nervous. left a card for an 'Agent Clarice Starling', saying to call if anything occurs.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

ahmeni posted:

I'm sorry but while they're much nicer looking we've had to pull the Apple hosts from the park after repeated complaints about unfamiliar ports.

at least they don't randomly self-immolate like the sarnsung hosts. guests aren't fireproof and printing a whole new host is 🤑

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
@Ford @Arnold Query: Do hosts really need buttholes?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Siljmonster posted:

@Ford @Arnold Query: Do hosts really need buttholes?

the head of Sex and Body Fluids just had a conniption

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

wyoak posted:

Can branding come up with a more dynamic term for the bots than 'hosts'? We'd like to better engage with the quincentennials, Ringworld is eating our lunch in the 18-35 year old demographic.

Ford started out trying to call them androids but Alphabet-Lucaswork put a stop to that pretty quick

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

theflyingexecutive posted:

the head of Sex and Body Fluids just had a conniption

Hardware, why are the new-iteration hosts exploding? Please respond asap

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

crusader_complex posted:

FBI?? They only have jurisdiction inside the united states - what are they doing out here?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

piss

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i finally watched the last few episodes of this thing and the show made a lot of dumb choices and there are bits that don't make any sense at all but that ending is beautiful

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i've been listening to the soundtrack a bunch

it's all v good but "doctor ford" and "bicameral mind" and "freeze all motor functions" are particularly nice

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
frees allmo torfunctions

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
whoever changed all the shogunworld hosts to only respond to "furizu ar moto functionu" please report to HR for an cultural sensitivity training session

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Sagebrush posted:

i've been listening to the soundtrack a bunch

it's all v good but "doctor ford" and "bicameral mind" and "freeze all motor functions" are particularly nice

if they're as catchy as the opening theme I might have to go find them

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

quote:

DELOS Press Release: For Immediate Distribution

There has been a widely reported incident where one or more guests claim they were attacked by the hosts in Westworld(tm). We at DELOS take this matter very seriously, and we have completed an internal investigation.

... In fact, none of the hosts that were supposedly involved in the park showed any operational abnormalities. Logs from the hosts show that all safety protocols were operating normally. The guests did not in fact give the proper safety commands. Viewing the host verbal transcript logs, the guests lodging these specious accusations in fact were clearly understood to be saying "Free zall mote, or functions". This is clearly not the correct phrase. Guests claiming assault are reminded that DELOS takes any accusations of misconduct very seriously and will take legal action if necessary to protect its good name.

Anyone alleging wrongdoing is reminded that DELOS maintains extensive logs and algorithms don't have bias.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I know it's soon christmas and spirits are high but you cannot, cannot, in any way shape or confectionery form disclose host production methods.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Boiled Water posted:

I know it's soon christmas and spirits are high but you cannot, cannot, in any way shape or confectionery form disclose host production methods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83FoSjeLCrg&hd=1

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Can we patch the animal patrol routes? They're getting synced up and the guests are complaining it ruins their immersion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntvDFnQnxbs

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Lmao

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
now that the shows over can we get some pics of that long black dick in here??

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
hi guys. i am from the infosec company that was contracted out. i see a ticket was made regarding the security of control room?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol that SECURITY LOCKDOWN window was totally shades of "an error has occurred, please contact your system administrator" ("motherfucker, i am the system administrator!!")

"but... but we're supposed to be the authorized personnel... :aaa:"

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
only ford is authorised

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Alright, what jokester put the mountain lion code into a human host?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVVXyKP1FVk&t=13s

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

has anyone mentioned the use of React as the host codebase yet

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Maximo Roboto posted:

ford wanted php.net and arnold preferred custom scheme macros. the original tech architect - hey, is he ever going to return from vacation? - compromised and implemented on the only fizzbugs tech known by the new terrible programmer recruits.

you should know all this: it was projected into your corporate history ram as part of recruit-induction-memory-2045-arpil-20-final__preprod-for-review(2).rtf

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Maximo Roboto posted:

react doesn't look like anything to me

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Nobody knows why the hosts are sentient because they're written in APL

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

hobbesmaster posted:

react doesn't look like anything to me

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Could whoever printed a giraffe please shut that thing down and report to HR immediately. This is not theme appropriate and you should know giraffes are strictly herbivorous.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Is there a statute of limitations on keeping the kickstarter backstory hosts online? It's good that we corralled them all into sector 12 zone 5 since guests were complaining about them talking nonstop, but now nobody ever goes there except for the occasional rampage and it's a huge drain on resources to keep all of them running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Griefor posted:

Is there a statute of limitations on keeping the kickstarter backstory hosts online? It's good that we corralled them all into sector 12 zone 5 since guests were complaining about them talking nonstop, but now nobody ever goes there except for the occasional rampage and it's a huge drain on resources to keep all of them running.

Just put 'em in standby, set to autowake if someone comes along. They're the old mechano-rigs, not like they're gonna rot if you leave them lying around.

• Locked thread