Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Mad Wack posted:

reduce host programming complexity to install bitcoin miners - we'll be rich!

i propose we do the mining at night on the regular hosts, and the miners during the day when theyre in the shafts so we have optimal cooling. theres also an opportunity for idle hosts to produce snacks for guests with their waste body heat

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

this is it, the worst thread in YOSPOS, nay, the forums, NO! the westworld!

ive pushed a patch to your repo checkin notes, please keep the scope of your comments to the world we know of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Agile Vector posted:

i propose we do the mining at night on the regular hosts, and the miners during the day when theyre in the shafts so we have optimal cooling. theres also an opportunity for idle hosts to produce snacks for guests with their waste body heat

poo poo that causes brain damage maybe table that option for when we introduce coldworld next winter

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Fabricated posted:

did someone say "i'll start the wiki" yet

ill start the www

(westworld wiki)

The Management posted:

about loving time. the blood bath room is disgusting and terrifying.

while we're at it, I get the whole open environment idea with the glass everywhere, but honestly having people and hosts staring at you all day from the hallway or the next office is very distracting. I'm trying to write some code and in the office next to me some guy gets shot or a naked lady host is doing some exercises. and then a horse walks down the hall. and some meetings have information that not everyone is disclosed on so you basically can't use the whiteboards because everyone outside can read them. it's time we got some real walls.

look, the open orifice design has been shown to be conducive to both host conditioning and the leaking of tantalizing details. if you dont find it comfortable to work in you can always transfer to archives

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

can we step up intake processing to remove personal effects? ive caught several guests with gears and goggles, and one left a copy of the new yorker in the abernathy farm zone last tuesday. need i remind everyone that cleaning staff are particularly busy on organ detail and cant visit every zone daily

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

and again, if i see anymore rogue hotspots in the park i will personally confiscate your laptop and have hr process your termination! I KNOW delos-exfil-lol is one of you. dont try me

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

The Management posted:

we could just hook up the dogs and horses to a Bluetooth speaker, no need to get all fancy with extra faces. or maybe you could just ssh in and use a command line interface

ssh (secure shetland) is good but how does that help with the dogs?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cocoa Crispies posted:

we need some kind of content filtering, some smartass guest said their name was "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" and diagnostics are taking forever

Sagebrush posted:

Ticket #DL00189282

Departments: Maintenance, Guest Services

Description: guest ID HH2501 has spent the last four days collecting horses from all over the park, retiring their riders where necessary, and herding them into a cabin in sector 18A. at last count he's got fourteen of them. it's not completely clear what he's doing with them because the cabin's cameras have been inop since the incident described in T#00120184. however, infrared scans from the Sector 21 thermal station show regular, repeated periods of elevated heart rate and the horses' human-proximity protocols are being constantly triggered, so take a guess.
anyway, point is the environmental sensors are indicating a trend in methane and hydrogen sulfide that'll take them both to toxic levels in the next 20 hours, and ten of the horses are reporting empty synthnure tanks. I know we're not supposed to interfere with a guest's experience or judge their personal preferences/behavior in the park, but someone should at least head up there and evaluate the situation. we don't want another incident like T#00049124.

Priority: Medium

Subject: Name Blacklist

Body: To follow up, we need to set limits on specific names. I've seen too many "Mr. Hands" and don't get me started on our old friend, goats.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theflyingexecutive posted:

another day working in the westworld animal lab. everyone keeps asking me if they can gently caress the horses. buddy, they wont even let me gently caress the horses.

theflyingexecutive posted:

>> Guys I keep seeing pictures of my friends and family on stock image sites and I sneeze every time someone uses the microwave. this wouldn't really bother me, but hr just sent me a congratulations for twenty-five years with the company and I'm only 32. definitely asking ford about this at our meeting in the basement later.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Siljmonster posted:

Dear HR,

We have new requests for the muzak.

John's asking for some music for his new narrative orgy scene for these two schmucks thinking the Dolores model is sentient.

Is this fair use by now?

please don't encourage this behavior; we've had several hosts come in for repair with arm injuries and at least one had an unauthorized usb keylogger in there. by the way can we lock down the hosts to only accept input devices in the standard ports. the techs are starting to complain about repeat repairs on the same host and the injuries are getting strange

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Gazpacho posted:

heres the reconstructed tweet for yosposterity

hey, can somebody revoke fords twitter access before the delos board sees this? were getting enough bad press as it is. the last thing we need is him bashing our other contracts

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

check your phones boys

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

totally alive and trapped in a linking book

spankmeister posted:

not everyone in westworld is robots

yeah this isnt battlestar galactica

Chris Knight posted:

Bernard:
I hate every bot I see
From gun bot-a to gun bot-zee
No you'll never make a robot out of me

Oh my God, I was wrong
It was Westworld all along
You've finally made a robot

Hosts: Yes we've finally made a robot

Bernard: Yes you've finally made a robot out of me!

I love you Dr. Ford!

fuuuuuckin lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Rivethead posted:

Can we upgrade this lovely hardware? I mean SSDs are getting really cheap. These hosts were created 30 years ago when 5k was a lot of storage. If I get 'out of inodes' one more loving time while trying to access the bartender's logs I'll scream.

Look, just reset them at the end of every day. I don't care what Ford says, we dont need active host logs past 24 hours and most guests move on to SenpaiWorld after the first 48 anyways.

Cocoa Crispies posted:

skip the toga parties and go right to the orgies

We've had bdubs (BacchanaliaWorld) in testing for months, but every dynamic narrative inevitably leads to Caligula Syndrome (the leading guest appoints a horse and, well, you know.)

Until we weed that out we can't go live.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Fallen Hamprince posted:

They work 24 hours for zero pay, don't get tired, and don't slack off. we have them (literally) standing around doing nothing as it is, we might as well put them to work.

btw we're already manufacturing some equipment using hosts as a byproduct of daily routines, only issue is the routines don't change so we get hundreds of identical items. its not a huge deal for most things but we've got close to 600 size 10 right leather cowboy boots pilling up in storage and no lefts to match

just replace all host feet with right size ten models i dont see the problem. it makes their dress routine easier and smaller by eliminating all left routines. the butchers downstairs put parts on wrong already so were half way there according to qa :rolleyes:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cocoa Crispies posted:

*furiously jams "ROBIN WILLIAMS WORLD" card in suggestion box*

sorry, again, we tried TOYSWorld but the guests complained the elephant was too frequent and the hosts too obvious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

hobbesmaster posted:

react doesn't look like anything to me

• Locked thread