Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Management posted:

a little quick back of the envelope math shows that it would have been much cheaper if we just got real horses instead of paying to develop and maintain robot horses. once in a while a horse gets killed or whatever, we just get a new one. it would still cost less than rendering a new horse on the big fabrication machines.

it's always because of the Good Samaritan protocols, every animal host has the same code running and are always trying to evaluate when a guest is in danger and will try and save the guest.

the safety of billionaires is more important than setting up a svn server you see. (tip; don't say git around ford)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

Just in case any of you first-years are wondering why, try to imagine what happens when your robots' diagnostic interface is entirely verbal, they all run fuzzy-logic best-guess sentence matching protocols on anything they hear, they all use git for firmware updates and rollbacks, and they're walking around a park full of cowboys on horses.

Yeah.

never mind all the giant binaries half the API calls into. and who the gently caress is Arnold and why didn't he write any documentation or tests on that poo poo?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

:rip: mesa suckers.

then again Stubbs and Elsie arguing with each other got really old after about 15 minutes

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Tunicate posted:

So I just checked the performance review code and it looks like there's a minus sign missing or something, because it's hooked into the HR mental wellness program, and 'experiencing frequent suicidal ideation' gives you about a hundred points toward a promotion.

I mean I guess that explains why everyone in management ends up killing themselves but way to gently caress up.

CLOSED: These violent delights have violent ends.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Maximo Roboto posted:

has anyone mentioned the use of React as the host codebase yet

react doesn't look like anything to me

• Locked thread