Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i think west world is sorely lacking in cheevos. i would implement lots of achievements but they'd all be for doing things that save the park money. like 'Achievement: Did Not gently caress' and 'Achievement: The Diplomatic Option'

also some sort of self cleaning mode. those have got to be some gross vagina / penis / bholes

Bug report: automatic orifice inversion system goes off at rigidly defined intervals, leading to guest dissatisfaction

Fix: disable cron job and trigger manually for cleaning

Severity: critical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

well, i think we could make some imporvements with UX. can we program them to not kill the user?

I think it's a higher priority to keep them from everting their mouths while talking to users. We've been getting more complaints about that, not to mention the genital systems going off every hour on the hour.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Ticket #1474
Issue: some dolt set all the animals to loglevel: info and now the dogs and horses are continuously murmuring. Guests are starting to complain and we can't catch any of the animal hosts because someone set the speed coefficient to four. Presumably this is why we needed the logs, but someone pushed the patch to the whole system. We need to figure out how to round them up and revert.
Severity: High

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

lovely open-source text-to-speech voice emanating from horse rear end equine build 21.36.03.f5ffb0e6d319500fea4728996fb65c0fd2665be9 diagnostic mode enabled

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Someone flashed the wrong image to the goddamn rattlesnake hosts and they're following people around and trying to play fetch. For gently caress's sake check your hashes people

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

Just in case any of you first-years are wondering why, try to imagine what happens when your robots' diagnostic interface is entirely verbal, they all run fuzzy-logic best-guess sentence matching protocols on anything they hear, they all use git for firmware updates and rollbacks, and they're walking around a park full of cowboys on horses.

Yeah.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

*slams tweet down on desk* Bad news, folks!

https://twitter.com/Jonny_Wags/status/804912806566969344

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

God dammit who set the Sheriff to El Topo mode again

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Has there been any progress in finding someone to take over from Skylar to repair the old models? His retirement's coming up fast and while I know it's not easy to find someone to repair robots, if we can't afford to replace the hosts we definitely can't afford to pay him a consultant's hourly rate.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i noticed they left several peoples' fate uncertain. we never heard a neck snapping, we never saw her corpse, and bernard specifically asks "what did you make me do to her?" not "why did you make me kill her" or something like that.

stubbs got tackled and then not seen again. hale is not seen being shot. sylvester the neckbeardy butcher is told to stay.

i can't decide how much of it is "we can't decide what we want to do with these people yet" and how much of it is "who exactly will be willing to come back for a second season?" the reason i say that is it's always amusing to me when i see some old grognerd talk about how Blake's 7 was so daring for killing off the entire cast at the end of the series, when in fact the producers had already decided that in the event of getting picked up for a fifth year, anyone who wanted to come back would just handwave it away as only a flesh wound.

They are not people, they are robots

I have not watched Westworld

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Boiled Water posted:

but the ones who are can get human diseases and regularly need to be flushed

irresponsible and gross

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Critical bug report: the sheriff is punding again and has somehow gotten hold of a stereo that he's taking apart in the town square and organizing the pieces of. There are about three dozen hosts standing around in a circle and mumbling the out-of-context response to each other and the guests are yelling about their immersion. Please revert whatever the gently caress you did immediately

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 6, 2016

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

little munchkin posted:

a stickied yospos thread about sucking off computers

Don't forget: loving and coming inside the computers.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Mad Wack posted:

why hasn't there been any drug use - youd think a pleasure park would have some serious drugs if it is a gently caress kill sim

The opium poppy is extinct in 2736 or whenever the gently caress.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Mad Wack posted:

anyone else sick of banging out host cost on a touch keyboard? can i get some bluetooth 5 kbs up in here

we can requisition them for you, but you'll have to do the "up in here" part yourself.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

These horny delights have horny ends.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Yo did anyone ever consider not giving the hosts real guns and maybe giving them implanted squibs for realism? Anyone?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

wyoak posted:

Can branding come up with a more dynamic term for the bots than 'hosts'? We'd like to better engage with the quincentennials, Ringworld is eating our lunch in the 18-35 year old demographic.

Ford started out trying to call them androids but Alphabet-Lucaswork put a stop to that pretty quick

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

theflyingexecutive posted:

the head of Sex and Body Fluids just had a conniption

Hardware, why are the new-iteration hosts exploding? Please respond asap

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Nobody knows why the hosts are sentient because they're written in APL

• Locked thread