Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

There's this one slider in the host admin panel that goes up to 20 but when you do that there's a popup that says "DO NOT RAISE ABOVE 14 -- f." It doesn't stop you or anything, just pops the warning. Why does it even go up to 20 in the first place? Why haven't we just reduced the maximum value here to 14 to prevent erroneous settings? This is probably something that should be addressed in the next patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

to: whoever programmed this stupid loving bird to come and take a robo-poo poo in my coffee every morning

if i find you, i will put you on orgy cleanup detail for the rest of the year

also good job disabling its override protocols. now i have to get a synthetic cat or something

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ticket #DL00189282

Departments: Maintenance, Guest Services

Description: guest ID HH2501 has spent the last four days collecting horses from all over the park, retiring their riders where necessary, and herding them into a cabin in sector 18A. at last count he's got fourteen of them. it's not completely clear what he's doing with them because the cabin's cameras have been inop since the incident described in T#00120184. however, infrared scans from the Sector 21 thermal station show regular, repeated periods of elevated heart rate and the horses' human-proximity protocols are being constantly triggered, so take a guess.
anyway, point is the environmental sensors are indicating a trend in methane and hydrogen sulfide that'll take them both to toxic levels in the next 20 hours, and ten of the horses are reporting empty synthnure tanks. I know we're not supposed to interfere with a guest's experience or judge their personal preferences/behavior in the park, but someone should at least head up there and evaluate the situation. we don't want another incident like T#00049124.

Priority: Medium

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

also does zack parsons still write for SA? this show is a goldmine for another one of his blue stripe logs, which were probably my favorite front page feature of all time

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

(tip; don't say git around ford)

Just in case any of you first-years are wondering why, try to imagine what happens when your robots' diagnostic interface is entirely verbal, they all run fuzzy-logic best-guess sentence matching protocols on anything they hear, they all use git for firmware updates and rollbacks, and they're walking around a park full of cowboys on horses.

Yeah.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The Management posted:

can we talk about how no one has ever discussed samurai world with the network design team? are we even ready for this kind of load?

are we calling it that officially now? i thought we were still 50-50 on shogun world

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ah, there's yer problem. somebody set this thing's switch ta 'DECEIVE'

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

:rip: mesa suckers.

then again Stubbs and Elsie arguing with each other got really old after about 15 minutes

i liked elsie. she'd better be back next season

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Chalks posted:

Can someone please track down the device that some idiot guest has hidden somewhere in the tavern? It's shouting the phrase "Freeze all motor functions" at random intervals and it's really pissing off the other guests.

On a related note I feel like we could choose something a little less cumbersome as our panic phrase. After you've shouted that phrase and accounted for the processing lag, it's about 1800 milliseconds to total shutdown, even if things are working perfectly. That's plenty of time for a host to get their hands around your throat. Maybe a simple pair of unusual words, like "laputan machine."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

wyoak posted:

Can branding come up with a more dynamic term for the bots than 'hosts'? We'd like to better engage with the quincentennials, Ringworld is eating our lunch in the 18-75 year old demographic.

thought this said "ringwald" and thought the design department had finally agreed to that personal project i've been bugging them about. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i've been listening to the soundtrack a bunch

it's all v good but "doctor ford" and "bicameral mind" and "freeze all motor functions" are particularly nice

• Locked thread