Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
MEMORANDUM
TO: PHYSICAL MAINTENANCE EMPLOYEES

Effective December 1, 2219, the room that we keep dormant, damaged hosts in slouched against the bloody glass walls with a huge mess everywhere will have opaque walls installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

indigi posted:

here's another issue the security team would like resolved: at the moment there's only two ways to subdue a host in the field: tell it to stop, or fill it with holes/bash its head in until it stops. this seems really stupid. it's the Old West - what if a loud train is going by and it can't hear me? what if it's in the middle of a gunfight? what if its ears are full of bugs or something?

we should have guns that shoot sticky little RFID chips that, once detected by their system, shuts everything down. there should be no hoping that the host's build isn't corrupted, no praying that some update hasn't removed my voice's admin privileges, just a hardwired, no bullshit shutdown. I mean what the gently caress, what's going maintain our guests' immersion better: a gunshot dropping the host, or a specific passphrase causing it to freeze like a statue?

plus, I'm sure the rebuild techs would appreciate us not destroying a fully functioning body just because of some software bug.

i just checked with the accounting and acquisitions teams and we were able to source some net guns, hth

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
without a budget change we'll have to downgrade the behavior tablets to $30 android tablets with resistive screens so we can afford http://amzn.to/2gEPVFs

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Chris Knight posted:

blame recruiting: they're the ones who put up the ad for "cowboy coders"

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
whoever keeps putting their F-150 in the "RESERVED: FORD" spot in the parking lot, please report to HR in the butcher shop "conference" room

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
we need some kind of content filtering, some smartass guest said their name was "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" and diagnostics are taking forever

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

are we calling it that officially now? i thought we were still 50-50 on shogun world

until i saw the warriors i was hoping for "sausage world," a 24/7/365 oktoberfest park

(because its initial incarnation as the theme park for vegans, "salad world," generated no customer interest)

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Chris Knight posted:

Bernard:
I hate every bot I see
From gun bot-a to gun bot-zee
No you'll never make a robot out of me

Oh my God, I was wrong
It was Westworld all along
You've finally made a robot

Hosts: Yes we've finally made a robot

Bernard: Yes you've finally made a robot out of me!

I love you Dr. Ford!

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

Maybe consider opening up Coliseumworld soon and getting some toga parties going until we can recoup in Q3-Q4?

skip the toga parties and go right to the orgies

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Powaqoatse posted:

tell that to whoever cut staging

that was a mixup, the memo didn't make clear that staging was distinct from the little shows they put on in sweetwater

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Siljmonster posted:

My ideal Host theme would be every iteration of John Goodman.

*furiously jams "ROBIN WILLIAMS WORLD" card in suggestion box*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
whoever changed all the shogunworld hosts to only respond to "furizu ar moto functionu" please report to HR for an cultural sensitivity training session

• Locked thread