Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
some goddamn version control, that's for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i think west world is sorely lacking in cheevos. i would implement lots of achievements but they'd all be for doing things that save the park money. like 'Achievement: Did Not gently caress' and 'Achievement: The Diplomatic Option'

also some sort of self cleaning mode. those have got to be some gross vagina / penis / bholes

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

indigi posted:

I would have assumed they were programmed to head to the WC to wash up after a throw, but based on how every other maintenance system lacks quality control I suppose I wouldn't be shocked to find out they just marinate.

yeah.

also this show is pretty good, even if it's really dumb

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
subject: 1 day left to vote

gents:

Just a friendly reminder that there's only 1 day left to vote on which ww employee will be recreated and hidden in the quarter 4 storyline. Remember that these opportunities don't present themselves often, so make it count; I don't want to see any more votes for that hambeast in accounting. I'm not afraid to veto.

Don't forget to give our guy in design a big thank you for making this possible AND FOR THE LOVE OF gently caress, KEEP THIS QUIET.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: All: New PTO Schedule
Hi, I'm trying to view the link but the page but it doesn't seem to load anything.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Chalks posted:

Does anyone else think the diagnostics process would be less error prone if our method of identifying whether a host was lying to us wasn't just to ask the host if they're lying to us?

It's like our diagnostic procedures are designed for the benefit of some imaginary, third party observer and not for the benefit of the tech. I understand the usefulness of spoken diagnostics from say, the perspective of a behavior tech, but auditing an access log? It just makes my job slow and error prone.

And why the gently caress cant we perform a simple diagnostic remotely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sagebrush posted:

Just in case any of you first-years are wondering why, try to imagine what happens when your robots' diagnostic interface is entirely verbal, they all run fuzzy-logic best-guess sentence matching protocols on anything they hear, they all use git for firmware updates and rollbacks, and they're walking around a park full of cowboys on horses.

Yeah.

• Locked thread