Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

forward that poo poo to HR, not our problem

they just keep saying "this doesn't look like anything to me" loving layabouts need to start taking the chance of an audit seriously smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Re: MIB Narrative

I know he's supposed to be a merciless sociopath killing machine (and somehow also a tortured soul? Whatever Ford he was your buddy) but can he be maybe a little less murdery towards the guests? Some of them might still respect the guy and want to donate to the foundation he set up which is still doing good work out there.

Just a thought.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Re: Special Request from an Investor

No. Absolutely not. Look up in the old wikis what happened when we made one for one of the original angel investors in his 2nd(?) wife's younger image. He died shortly thereafter and it was so messed up after reprogramming that all it was good for was repeating a script to and getting hosed by incoming guests. Hundreds of hours of programming multiple times for an uninteresting walking sex kiosk just isn't worth it.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

jony ive aces posted:

:golfclap:

this is a reference to talulah riley's character right

:tipshat:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Re: Lawsuit

Full QA incident report is attached.

tl;dr: guest stumbles off the return train drunk off his rear end and demands to see a human rep. then starts swearing in Slovenian, so the QA team thinks he's having a medical incident because he's fat as hell, stumbling around and incomprehensible, which isn't helped when he starts yelling about how 'I am Barron' or something, so they sedate him and call paramedics. Who names a person that? Anyway, I can assure you that none of the QA staff are actually hosts so it's categorically false that he was accosted by "skinjobs" as I understand he keept calling them.

Oh, the reason he was so mad? I guess he was deeply offended that there was a black (decidedly not the word he used) host in a Union uniform serving with white hosts... yeah

e: kinda new to salr - this quick reply thing is weird

Munkeymon fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 2, 2016

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

crusader_complex posted:

condom machine in the saloon is broken

another problem with the madam? time to retire the unit IMO

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Fw: Re: Automatic Out of Office Reply

Soooo the QA lead has been status: 'In the Field' for a couple days now aaand I'm decidedly not going to be in the air ducts for at least the next few days in case any hosts are seeing this ;-*

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Re: Material Requisition #6428591

Look, we all appreciate the work QA does to keep us safe and the danger the men and women of the armed response teams put themselves in, but the host-aware bullets are incredibly expensive. They're basically only economical in the park because those old guns can't fire nearly as many rounds as the service weapons that QA uses. Behavior also assures us that the same blocks that prevent hosts from recognizing things from the outside world will work just as well on service weapons - better, even, because they have the block and then they have to be smart enough to figure out how to use it, which most simply aren't set to be.

For the above reasons, I'm going to have to deny the request.

Sorry. Be safe out there.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

oh christ they run Javascript they were bound to kill everyone eventually

silver lining: they'll all eventually run out of memory and freeze up since nobody's rebooting them regularly

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Boiled Water posted:

question: why are the parameters for the hosts never ever leaving the park not hardcoded into the deepest levels of hostOS?

they're hardwired into the main bus what more do you want?

e: also yeah Elsie was the least bad park employee and I hope they write her back in

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

spankmeister posted:

not everyone in westworld is robots

until the writers run out of ideas and then it'll turn out that everyone was the whole and this drama has just been playing in a loop for an unknown amount of time for an unknown audience - or a dead one as they reveal that everything outside of the park is apocalyptic wasteland

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

SmokaDustbowl posted:

why are the repair guys so blase about their co-worker jacking off like 10 feet away

"jacking off" lol yeah I guess if you think of the host as an absurdly expensive fleshlight sure

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

ahmeni posted:

I'm sorry but while they're much nicer looking we've had to pull the Apple hosts from the park after repeated complaints about unfamiliar ports.

at least they don't randomly self-immolate like the sarnsung hosts. guests aren't fireproof and printing a whole new host is 🤑

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Sagebrush posted:

i've been listening to the soundtrack a bunch

it's all v good but "doctor ford" and "bicameral mind" and "freeze all motor functions" are particularly nice

if they're as catchy as the opening theme I might have to go find them

• Locked thread