Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Is is still the same where your supposed to leave keys on the ground until you find the shop cause if you pick them up the shop won't have one but if you leave it there it always will have a key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The worst hidden variable is the one that makes it nearly impossible to get more than two S-tier items. Wtf

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

most of the "hidden" rng was found to be untrue and debunked by the devs

Alain Post posted:

The worst hidden variable is the one that makes it nearly impossible to get more than two S-tier items. Wtf

most games like this have stuff like that to keep you from becoming god. like binding of isaac classifies a few items as "special" and if you've ran into one of them running into a second is highly unlikely, and a third is improbable

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

rediscover posted:

Is is still the same where your supposed to leave keys on the ground until you find the shop cause if you pick them up the shop won't have one but if you leave it there it always will have a key.

Doesn't the rat rear end in a top hat take it?

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Doesn't the rat rear end in a top hat take it?

he doesn't take keys or hearts. possibly items left on the pedestal after a boss. not so sure about that.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the rng can be pretty brutal sometimes though, and in such a hard game even missing one chest because the game refuses to cough up keys can be really rough. the chests with a lit fuse shouldn't exist in a game where you have to be really careful with your key use imo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i made it to floor 3 for the first time. i killed the ammoconda by shooting bees at it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The hive owns . Favorite gun is the Scrambler because it's insanely powerful for a C-tier gun.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

quote:

Supply Drop Update
Enter the Gungeon’s Supply Drop Update is a free update that will add over a hundred new rooms to the Gungeon that include new weapons, enemies, companions, bosses, and shrines for even the most seasoned Gungeoneer. Elite gunslingers will also be able to tackle unique pasts for both The Robot and The Bullet, a selection of new enemies and an all-new boss – the Mine Flayer! It also features a new game mode, Challenge Mode, which makes the game much harder by adding random modifiers each room.
:popeye:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

thats nice of them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they should make Duct Tape way more common

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I never remember to use the blanks. I feel like i never have enough of them to train the proper muscle memory

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the games much easier if you use them. that way you can beat bosses without getting hit a lot easier and get extra health. which makes the game easier

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going to set a personal goal to use my blanks on the first floor boss each time just to practice. Also, nice av!

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I'm going to set a personal goal to use my blanks on the first floor boss each time just to practice. Also, nice av!
The stockings really make me wanna gently caress it more than I would usually want to gently caress it (a lot).

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

everything about etg is so good, except the gameplay. it's a shame, really.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Stanley Tweedle posted:

you suck rear end

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

Bobnumerotres posted:

you suck rear end

rude

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
i wish everything had like 15% less hp

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

man when i last played i could consistently get to dragun and i was more concerned with unlocking stuff (shortcuts, bullet of the past). now i keep dying on floor 4

steakmancer posted:

use the guns you get, chances are the game will hand you ammo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Stanley Tweedle posted:

you eat doodoo instead of regular food jack rear end. shove off

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the hunter is probably the best class. the crossbow wrecks the first 2 floors, and there are several ways to trade guns in for something else once it doesnt keep up so it doubles as free rare currency. the dog also means more stuff on room clears. i basically dont play anyone else

i cannot get the prime primer. you have to be really lucky to have enough money to get it, and buying it is tying a hand behind your back for the rest of the run unless you keep getting lucky with money

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
not sure how i feel about this game so far. it seemed funny to me that people had to go 'i like nuclear throne' OR 'i like enter the gungeon', but i can feel myself falling into that same pattern right now - like, why are all the starting guns so intentionally unsatisfying? why can nothing shoot straight?

i'm going to give it a bit longer to see if it'll 'click' with me. the art in particular is really charming, all the enemies are really cute. so far playing this just makes me want to play more Deathstate, though

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

steakmancer posted:

imo the biggest problem this game has is the way enemy hp increases as you go deeper. it essentially means your guns get weaker as you progress.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

unless you get really unlucky your firepower and amount of guns keeps going up as you go deeper, even most of the shittier guns can mince rooms in 4 & 5. dont be afraid to use up ammo and youll have a lot more fun with the game

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

i've already cleared this game with every character and unlocked everything except for the really grindy hunter quests. it's not a bad game but it does have a lot of flaws, and i find it too tedious to play now due to a number of game design issues. i think nuclear throne is an interesting game to compare it to because it never gets old for me, even though it has relatively less content

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

rediscover posted:

you eat doodoo instead of regular food jack rear end. shove off

etg fans are way less chill than nt fans, it seems. cooler heads just prefer cooler games.

srsly though. what's with the tantrums over saying the gameplay is the worst part of etg? the graphics, music, sounds and animation are all better than

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Stanley Tweedle posted:

etg fans are way less chill than nt fans, it seems. cooler heads just prefer cooler games.

srsly though. what's with the tantrums over saying the gameplay is the worst part of etg? the graphics, music, sounds and animation are all better than

how can one poster be so freaking chill?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

White Genocide posted:

how can one poster be so freaking chill?

he's chill as hell. can't believe how chill this guy is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PleasingFungus posted:

not sure how i feel about this game so far. it seemed funny to me that people had to go 'i like nuclear throne' OR 'i like enter the gungeon', but i can feel myself falling into that same pattern right now - like, why are all the starting guns so intentionally unsatisfying? why can nothing shoot straight?

i'm going to give it a bit longer to see if it'll 'click' with me. the art in particular is really charming, all the enemies are really cute. so far playing this just makes me want to play more Deathstate, though

I think it's because they came out relatively close to each other and that narrative has shadowed them both forever, along with sharing an aesthetic kind of. Like how Battleborn vs Overwatch existed for the 2 weeks people remembered Battleborn existed

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good post to write... For a clown

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not you IT the strange chill post man

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

Not you IT the strange chill post man

i really want that guy to stop making GBS threads up my thread but, hell, i can't do anything to stop him

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

EvilMike posted:

imo the biggest problem this game has is the way enemy hp increases as you go deeper. it essentially means your guns get weaker as you progress.

Yah I think that enemy health should remain consistent thru the whole game. Instead of making the base enemies stronger they should just put more stronger ones

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

rediscover posted:

Yah I think that enemy health should remain consistent thru the whole game. Instead of making the base enemies stronger they should just put more stronger ones

The dumbest thing about the health scaling is that it makes the low-tier basic enemies really bullet spongey compared to the harder variants, by the time you reach the 5th and 6th floors. So you end up with the easiest enemy variants having the largest health pools.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hp scaling is always terrible

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/bn03 streaming this rn

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

after some googling the supply drop update was announced all the way back in august, and its currently in "when it's done" status :/

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PleasingFungus posted:

You can like both but they make enough different decisions that to me it feels like they're appealing to 2 totally different groups even if they're both "twinstick shooter roguelike"

Which is really cool actually that there's space for these 2 things to exist at the same time

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I never remember to use the blanks. I feel like i never have enough of them to train the proper muscle memory

Each floor you go back up to 2 blanks. If you beat a boss with more than 2 blanks left, you keep them all, if you're fighting a boss and have only 2 blanks left just use them freely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I saw a Devolver booth at TGS and they had Gungeon in japanese and also this new isometric 2D art dark souls type game called Eitr and the americans at the booth wouldn't talk to me about videogames. I wanted to tell them Gungeon is a good game but it was probably some PR guy that had nothing to do with it

• Locked thread