Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

had +1 bullets and this took out the lv.4 boss in 12 shots lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I saw a Devolver booth at TGS and they had Gungeon in japanese and also this new isometric 2D art dark souls type game called Eitr and the americans at the booth wouldn't talk to me about videogames. I wanted to tell them Gungeon is a good game but it was probably some PR guy that had nothing to do with it

just to reiterate devolver is only the publisher

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

found a rainbow chest with a railgun and gundromeda in it, so i finally got the complete bullet and killed the hunter's past :)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
lmfao. How slow is it?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fayez Butts posted:

just to reiterate devolver is only the publisher

Yeah I'm totally aware it's the PR guys for the publisher though so you'd think it's good to know

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

lmfao. How slow is it?

1:1 to how it was in the show lmao

i found the SAA and the patriot in this run. the shop was also selling the railgun but it was insanely expensive, either way the patriot really fucks bosses up and unless the pilot's past is really hard ive got this one in the bag.

after how easy the other 2 were the marine's past really hosed me up

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8jMrbQu4rk

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game owns

i beat everyone's past. time for the real final level..

the marine's past is way loving harder than everyone else's, the pilot's past makes me hope the devs do something else with this engine and art style. a carefully crafted campaign with the game's physics and feel would own imo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

once you beat the past w someone you can use that first shrine to gain +9 curse, effectively making the run extremely hard. cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i didnt last long lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

once you beat the past w someone you can use that first shrine to gain +9 curse, effectively making the run extremely hard. cool

Apparently curse also boosts $ drops from enemies and also makes mimics a lot more likely so you don't need to use keys on chests tho. so that's kinda cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Apparently curse also boosts $ drops from enemies and also makes mimics a lot more likely so you don't need to use keys on chests tho. so that's kinda cool

yeah at +9 a lot more money and ammo drops, but enemies are jammed half the time. they have triple HP so you need to feed them way more ammo than usual, and when a lot of advanced jammed enemies spawn in the same room you're probably gonna die

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

another fun thing that happens a lot at +9

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
is there some way to skip boss intros in this game.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

PleasingFungus posted:

is there some way to skip boss intros in this game.

Yes

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

i pressed every key on my keyboard & mouse and nothing works

also, almost beat a zone 3 boss for the first time (cannonbalrog) and died... because i forgot i had the invincibility star item ;_;

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

PleasingFungus posted:

also, almost beat a zone 3 boss for the first time (cannonbalrog) and died... because i forgot i had the invincibility star item ;_;

Congratulations on hitting every button except for the right one

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

After googling 'gungeon how to skip boss intros' I have learned it is E. Well learned isn't the right word because I knew it at one point from playing the game.. Perhaps you could say I rediscovered it

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

PleasingFungus posted:

Did you try clicking?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

After googling 'gungeon how to skip boss intros' I have learned it is E. Well learned isn't the right word because I knew it at one point from playing the game.. Perhaps you could say I rediscovered it

:rediscover:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Yobgoblin posted:

Did you try clicking?

yes, actually

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

rediscover posted:

thank you. you were very mean to me in this thread, but i forgive you, in the holiday spirit.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
:anime:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

saw the real final boss of the game for the first time. walked in with 1HP, i was not expecting a second form and i shouldve lol. came sooo close to killing him :/

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hes not even that hard but floor 6 is a real loving nightmare, even if you have a ridiculous weapon like gunther

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

saw the real final boss of the game for the first time. walked in with 1HP, i was not expecting a second form

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the supply drop update is finally coming in january, but the beta that includes the bulk of the content is playable right now.

quote:

If you'd like to start playing with these right now, you can switch to the beta easily in Steam by right clicking Enter the Gungeon, going to Properties, opening the Betas tab, and choosing "beta_public" from the dropdown.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also, the boss of bullet hell has a third form. i went in with god mode (found a rainbow chest that run and a bunch of amazing poo poo that all synergized) with like 8 hearts and i still just barely scraped by, completely insane and im p. sure it had more health than the dragun. the guys at devolver have lost their minds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in almost 200 hours of playing this game i found the glitchy chest for the first time and the game completely hosed me over on keys and ammo so i had no choice but to try to do the glitch fight with the starter pistol and died. i dont think ive ever been this upset with a game before lol

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Fighting bosses with the pilot's default gun because nothing dropped is a miserable experience.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

new active item is a puzzle box, every few times you use it it generates a random cursed item/gun. i got it on floor 1 and it immediately gave me the patriot, then excaliber lol. but my curse got so high everything was jammed and i died on floor 3 lmao

also fought the mine flayer, very cool boss. kinda sad they only added one new boss but it is a totally free update, i'd gladly pay for a proper expansion 2 this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the new challenge mode in the beta is extremely sick. every room gets a random modifier, like mortars dropping, enemies turning into tommy gun ghosts once you kill them, forge hammers from floor 5 paying you a visit while you fight gattling gull.

you can also combine it with the gun blessing to max out the crazy. i dont think i'll ever beat it but it's loving fun as hell lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol cool just realized that the Eye of the Beholster gun flashes "BEHOLD" instead of "RELOAD" when your clip is empty. also i made it to the second secret area and the king boss is freaking hard

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

lol cool just realized that the Eye of the Beholster gun flashes "BEHOLD" instead of "RELOAD" when your clip is empty. also i made it to the second secret area and the king boss is freaking hard

game is full of cute little details like that

tfw the very first chest you find has gunther in it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i found singularity, red scarf, gilded bullets, scattershot and cigarettes in the same run. i can recharge singularity and shoot a second one out before the first one's over. im about to no-hit the 6th floor boss i think.

e: beat him in like 30 seconds lol. you don't get anything for no-hitting him, not even an acknowledgement that you did it. thats pretty lovely man

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 27, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

game is full of cute little details like that

I played this all day yesterday.... i also learned that the bloodborne brooch that lets you regain health from inflicting damage also cuts the reload time of the trick weapon if you have them both equipped at once

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the change to secret rooms was very welcome i think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dongicus posted:

the change to secret rooms was very welcome i think.

whatd they change?

• Locked thread