Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

there's a noticeable tell without needing to shoot randomly. the wall colour is slightly off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

goferchan posted:

The Old King is a bastard.

Got him. Singularity with cooldown reduction + fightsabre made it happen. It was still really intense though lol I can't imagine beating him without a cheesy rear end loadout like that

goferchan fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 28, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dongicus posted:

there's a noticeable tell without needing to shoot randomly. the wall colour is slightly off

theres only a few rooms secrets can be connected to, basically dead-ends. if youre too lazy to check around, the elevator after a boss is always a safe bet, so is a shop with only one exit.

old king is pretty bad, but door lord hosed me up bad. ive never run into it again though, it must be really rare

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh poo poo the bloodied scarf dropped next floor after killing old king .... this could be The Run. I've never made it to the Forge boss before though

edit: it wasn't , lol. panicked on the second form ..... so close though

goferchan fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 28, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Oh poo poo the bloodied scarf dropped next floor after killing old king .... this could be The Run. I've never made it to the Forge boss before though

edit: it wasn't , lol. panicked on the second form ..... so close though

i hate the red scarf lol. theres a noticeable delay on the iframes and it feels funky. at least you got to practice the 5th floor some more

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

i hate the red scarf lol. theres a noticeable delay on the iframes and it feels funky. at least you got to practice the 5th floor some more

I had wallmonger as my 4f boss right after it dropped and unfortunately i took a hit from him before realizing i could teleport behind him with the scarf and stay invincible for the whole fight for an easy master round. It got me through a few locked doors though. Good scarf. Gonna try to bring the Prime Primer down next run! I got the Planar Casing that time but I wasn't gonna give up my Singularity to bring down that bullet part in the mines that takes up your active item slot.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i got it gifted and i always thought it looked like a balls art style for an alright game but its not as grating as i thought

fun game, i enjoy it!

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I got the AWP+pentazemin combo but still couldn't beat hell. I hate those maggot shells.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Dp yoi still walk monstrously slow inthe update :smigbird:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

you still move a little too slow for my liking yeah, and there will be big chains of rooms with no teleporters in them still which is stupid af for me. but hey theres a lot more stuff and it keeps it fresh

fuepi posted:

I got the AWP+pentazemin combo but still couldn't beat hell. I hate those maggot shells.

hell is excessive but my least favorite enemy in the game is the book mage that summons little bullet minions. they will just teleport an inch away from you with no warning and it loving pisses me off

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres an upgrade called roll-bombs, you drop morphball bombs whenever you roll and they reveal secret passages lol

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

the update fixes nothing imo, it just adds content. not enough to make the game feel fresh, though. overall the game is still too slow and gets boring if you've played it a lot.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
I really like this game but i am really bad at it. I've only made it past the first floor boss once

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

goferchan posted:

I played this all day yesterday.... i also learned that the bloodborne brooch that lets you regain health from inflicting damage also cuts the reload time of the trick weapon if you have them both equipped at once

Lol that's awesome

They really like souls games

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Made it to Dragun for the second time today. Didn't have any particularly broken setup, just Master Rounds 1-3 (first time scoring that many during a run) and the Scrambler which is an insanely good gun. I died though, I'm pretty sure he did the knives attack like 3 times back to back which brutalized me lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm close to having 25 credits and I've got some of the rly expensive items available in Ox's shop. Which is more fun, Yari Launcher or Space Friend? i'm leaning towards the latter because good passives are always a treat but good guns stress me out because i don't wanna waste their ammo (and I usually die because I hoard it too much lol)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

honestly the dragun fight is bullshit lol. ive only fought the lich a handful of times but he fights fair and i can nail him consistently. dragun just shoots crap everywhere and you either have a blank/bulletproof item or you get hit

also when the knives come out you still auto-aim for dragun very aggressively and any kind of homing shots prioritize him which is really dumb

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

autoaim?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

on bosses theres some aim assist so that it's easier to focus on dodging, but on dragun it locks on really hard lol

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I got this game on Christmas and just started it now it's really fun. I got a powerup that tripled my bullets along with a powerup that gave me bonus, shadow bullets, and a power up that made my bullets cause fires and then I got a gun that fired sawblades that bounced off walls and for the first time, I was the bullet hell

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I beat the dragun and it felt really good and now I have the past bullet built so I only need to beat the game like six more times.

But if I did it once I can do it again :coal:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

supply drop is finally coming out on the 26th

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The free DLC is officially out now out of beta. Sounds substantial I'm looking forward to checking it out

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is on sale for less than 10 dollars on both steam and psn so I'll pick it up

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is win

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game rules but ive put hundreds of hours into it and some new stuff isnt enough to fight the burnout feel. ill def. come back to it in a while though

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i found a t-shirt canon lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/bn03 streaming the challenge mode

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bullet kin past lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gently caress this lovely game. uninstall and play nuclear throne forever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that gbs guy who came in here and was all "everything about this game is amazing except actually playing it" was completely right it just takes loving forever to get going and it can take you 30 minutes to find out if you're on a lovely run or not. the scaling HP, the extremely boring tutorial 2 floors at the start. god.

the challenge mode spices up the starting rooms a lot but then it becomes totally impossible as you get to the actual hard floors and you've got a hammer+gorgun+mortars on you [ala avgn] WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i like:
  • the art style - it's really cute, and the pun enemies are fun
  • the cash economy - it's basic but there are some fun trade-offs and gambles you can make
  • the blanks - i'm bad at using them but they're a neat mechanic (stolen, i know, but good)
  • the roll, similarly

it feels almost unfair to compare it to nuclear throne, tho. like, some of the guns in gungeon are neat, but every single gun in nt is a tremendous blast to use

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

like half the guns in the game are just barely better than the starting inf. ammo gun or flat out worse lol it is really hosed up. a lot of the passives are also worthless and arguably downgrades which is a huge problem.

when you have to be really careful about how you use keys, and you use that last key you have on a big rare gold chest and it gives you a 5% damage upgrade theres something really wrong

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

extremebuff posted:

gently caress this lovely game. uninstall and play nuclear throne forever
Please don't drunk post.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao i was trashed but meant everything i said. the game has serious pacing issues and it took NT to open my eyes to them. the art style, music, sounds, feel etc. are all fantastic but spending 80% of your time trying to make the best of bad guns is not good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

a lot of this games problems could be fixed with faster movement speed and less enemy hp hp scaling is fail. and more guns and zany interactions to unlock since they're going for a zany interactions style isaac vibe. just the movemtn speed really kills it. oh well.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a lot of this games problems could be fixed with faster movement speed and less enemy hp hp scaling is fail. and more guns and zany interactions to unlock since they're going for a zany interactions style isaac vibe. just the movemtn speed really kills it. oh well.

there are a few speed boost items in the game and everytime i find them i say "why cant you just move this fast from the start"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i agree that the game takes ages to get going.
like bob and lyle said, i think both the really slow speed and how obnoxious and tedious it is to get a weapon that makes the combat snappier really hold the game back. like theres a lot of polish and some weapons are cool but loving hell what a drag those first 8 minutes are.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah. the dream patch would be
1. increased player movement speed
2. tune up a lot of the bad guns. everything should be substantially better than the starting pistol, 1 or 2 joke weapons is cool, 40 is not
3. more enemies and more drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder how easy it would be to mod the game to just add a multiplier to movement speed and get rid of HP scaling.

• Locked thread