Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
Cool project. I restored a similar radio, but I kept mine stock. I have to admit I never use it, there is nothing but baseball on AM radio here.
https://m.imgur.com/a/U5eDa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I was lucky the paint stayed on. It's common for it to flake off.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
You can fill the holes, pits and low spots with wood filler, drywall compound or autobody filler if you are going to paint it anyway. Drywall compound is very easy to sand and if it's thin and you prime it should hold up fine.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Yeah, wow, I just read your thread and posted telling you to do what you're doing. :v:

The sanding and paint prep work stage takes the longest. My Dad used to restore cars and would always take forever doing the body work. Seemed like all the mechanical stuff went by in a flash and then a year of sanding etc.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Looking good. No plans for a power light or anything on the face plate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Nice work. It almost looks like a "hot rod" version of the radio.

• Locked thread