Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I'd recommend Our Dumb Century by the Onion staff writers. Written when they were at their peak, every page is packed with amazing satire. Excellent attention to detail in how they recreated newspaper styles.

snoremac posted:

The weird thing with Dunces is that it reads to me like the comedy should have broad appeal, but people come out of it thinking it's hilarious or not funny at all. Likewise, people either love Ignatius or think he's completely unlikable as a character.

I dunno. Personally I find it as endlessly quotable as The Simpsons.

I liked Dunces especially the main character's long letters. Although some parts haven't aged well, like the idea of an exercise board being inherently funny.

Nevvy Z posted:

To Say Nothing of the Dog is a time travelling comedy of manners that takes place parallel to the previously mentioned "Three men in a boat" and is quite fun.

Good recommendation, Willis is a master. Doomsday Book is also excellent, probably best "realistic" bleak time travel story I've read (although not a comedy.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

CestMoi posted:

I have extremely strong opinions concerning David Wong.

I used to pitch articles to Cracked and he greenlit one of my ideas and fast tracked it to publication, so he’s alright.

• Locked thread