Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
The William Books by Richmal Crompton are brilliantly funny, and the audio books narrated by Martin Jarvis (who also did some of the Wodehouse books) are amazing. You won't believe someone can do 20 distinct upper class English voices and have them all sound like utter morons.
Spike Milligan's war memoirs (Just the first four if you want to avoid his PTSD and subsequent depression) are very funny.
Hard to get at the moment but "The Bagthorpe saga" by Helen Cresswell are books that I had to stop reading in order to breath.
"The Good Soldier Švejk" by Jaroslav Hasek is funny in the same vein as confederacy of dunces.
"The Fan Man" by William Kotzwinkle is great, so is some of his other stuff (avoid "Dr Rat" unless vivisection is funny)
Lastly, The Aubrey-Maturin books by Patrick O'Brian are surprisingly funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
A forgotten classic: "Augustus Carp Esq, by himself" is fantastic. Get the edition that maintains the pretense that he is a real person and this is his autobiography

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

504 posted:

A bunch of goons come sprinting into the thread:

HAVE YOU READ THIS ULTRA HILARIOUS 1930'S AUTHOR??????

HES SO FUNNY AND I AM SMART AND YOU SHOULD HEAR THIS BAND I LIKE.

Thorne Smith motherfucker, Nightlife of the Gods is a great book.

• Locked thread