Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

only when they are put amongst the pidgeons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/french-gp-poised-for-surprise-f1-return-in-2018-855952/

:getin:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Paul Ricard owns as a layout and it kind of always looked a bit like a parking lot/highway. Hope they use the long layout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpYd65IdQv0

I hope so.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Let us also reflect on how bad Magny-Cours was. Dijon-Prenois is cool as well, if not on Ricard's level.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 2, 2016

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Let us also reflect on Baku and how well it was done

Only registered members can see post attachments!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Now we need an American GP in the only place worthy of it: Road America :getin:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Watkins Glen is still a pretty cool track and probably more easily adapted to F1 standards

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm willing to put $50 on track limits being an issue there next year.

I'll bet $50 that it won't be an issue next year.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Watkins Glen is still a pretty cool track and probably more easily adapted to F1 standards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVkD5wVX-Z4

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Even with the lovely camera you can tell Patrick is getting the poo poo beat out of him.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

We can have the US GP rotate between COTA, Watkins Glen, Road America, and Leguna Seca. If we're going to dream, dream big.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The FIA would kill anything you liked about those (latter 3) tracks.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Also could F1 cars even pass at Laguna? The Indycar guys had enough trouble doing that.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Now we need an American GP in the only place worthy of it: Road America :getin:

Road America is literally the best track. Imagine Verstrappon eating it at The Kink

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Reserved to empty quote Alain Post's inevitable post about wishing Verstappen would eat the wall at San Marino.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Incidentally I was secretly hoping San Marino actually would replace Monza. I just like it more as a circuit.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN8OodSStO0

I don't get the hatred of Watkins Glen. The long course is pretty cool. Road America is 20 turns that look virtually the same.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Human Grand Prix posted:

The FIA would kill anything you liked about those (latter 3) tracks.

What exactly would they change?

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

iospace posted:

What exactly would they change?
Laguna Seca, for example... They would widen the entire track by 50%, require the pit area to be demolished and rebuilt to FIA Grade 1 spec. And the pit exit would be re-done to resemble Brazil's. The corkscrew would probably be history. All the dirt on either side of the track would be turned to massive asphalt runoff similar to what they did to the esses in Mexico City. It would absolutely ruin Laguna Seca, and it would never happen in a million years.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Why not continue to use the pretty good, purpose built F1 track we already have in America, instead of bulldozing everything we like about other tracks?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

djssniper posted:

So a Bernie owned track may get a GP, I wonder how much he charges himself?
I imagine an eternal cat tied to a piece of buttered toast deal going on

To say Bernie owns Paul Ricard is almost insulting to how complicated Bernie's finances really are.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I thought Bernie sold the track years ago.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's owned by his family trust, which is now controlled by his ex-wife and their two kids, and also inexplicably pays him 100m/year as part of their divorce settlement.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm willing to put $50 on track limits being an issue there next year.
I thought Paul Ricard has some abrasive surface that shreds your tyres when you go off track.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

wicka posted:

It's owned by his family trust, which is now controlled by his ex-wife and their two kids, and also inexplicably pays him 100m/year as part of their divorce settlement.

Bernie is a loving master at working out deals to his advantage

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
The F1 Twitter continuing to be #blessed

https://twitter.com/f1/status/804622435349884930

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

minstrels posted:

Those of you watching old seasons during the winter, where are you finding them?

I watch the season reviews on Dailymotion. An entire season in around 2-3 hours, plus all the talking points that went on behind the scenes and off the track.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Bad stats 2016!

http://wtf1.co.uk/bad-f1-stats-2016-season-review/

quote:

The Malaysian Grand Prix set the outright record for the most shoeys on a single podium, with four. The previous record was two, which was first set by Michael and Ralf Schumacher at the 1998 Italian Grand Prix.
Yes.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

wicka posted:

Why not continue to use the pretty good, purpose built F1 track we already have in America

Because COTA is a garbage-tier circuit.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

GramCracker posted:

Road America is literally the best track. Imagine Verstrappon eating it at The Kink

Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ByotKbusU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Alain Post posted:

Paul Ricard owns as a layout and it kind of always looked a bit like a parking lot/highway. Hope they use the long layout.

Paul Ricard has 169 layouts to choose from :psyduck:.

not even exaggerating

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Roller Coast Guard posted:

c'mon now, its not bad. Give it enough years to build up a history of memorable races and it'd pass for just another good modernish track like Japan or Austria.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Roller Coast Guard posted:

COTA is a good-to-very-good F1 circuit. Everyone agreed on this until like 6 months ago when a bunch of morons started whining about it for no reason.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Nice to see an internet video using proper grammar to describe a car accident as a "horrific crash" and not a "horror crash" as eurotrash video uploaders do.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I literally heard zero complaints about COTA until the month prior to the USGP this year. It's baffling. The track is almost as good as you are ever going to get from a purpose-built F1 circuit in the 21st century.

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/804675587671519232

:eyepop:

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

wicka posted:

Why not continue to use the pretty good, purpose built F1 track we already have in America, instead of bulldozing everything we like about other tracks?

Because we need 2 or 3 grands prix in America to help make it more popular here.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

wicka posted:

I literally heard zero complaints about COTA until the month prior to the USGP this year. It's baffling. The track is almost as good as you are ever going to get from a purpose-built F1 circuit in the 21st century.

People were pointing out the cut-n-paste sections from other circuits literally from the day of the track map being revealed. The whole track feels like one of those dumb lazy magazine articles about THE ULTIMATE F1 CIRCUIT made from all the corners everyone likes tagged together but missing the point completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Unreal, let's see if it's true

• Locked thread