Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

OH poo poo

Nando to Mercedes please.
Kvyat to Mercedes please.
Button to Mercedes please.
Maldonado to Mercedes please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begall
Jul 28, 2008
Yep, Rosberg has retired. Has this ever happened in F1 before?

Edit: Also yes most importantly, who the gently caress gets that seat??

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Begall posted:

nigel mansell

edit: also nigel mansell

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Begall posted:

Yes, Rosberg retired in 1986 :downsrim:

to actually answer the question, Prost retired after he won the WDC in 1993

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Verstappen to Mercedes :getin: to concentrate the hate in one place

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Holy loving poo poo. It's on Nico's facebook page too. Good for him, well done Baku Nico

Let the insane speculation machine commence. I hope Alonso gets it

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Begall posted:

Kobayashi

e: either way things were looking fairly settled but this has thrown the cat amongst the silly season pigeons in hilarious style. :getin:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

td4guy posted:

Nando to Mercedes please.

I am literally erect.

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
The path is clear for an astonishing Kamui comeback

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That loving slimy fraud gets to pretend this was anything other than a fluke. Disgusting.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
End on a high I guess. I can't see Mercedes putting Wehrlein or Ocon in Rosberg's seat, especially in the first year of new regulations.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

WTF?

Who's available?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

If Nando goes to Mercedes I will literally get banned.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I really can't blame Rosberg for retiring on a high note. Maybe he saw Button piddling around for the last few years of his career and thought nah.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

If Nando goes to Mercedes I will literally get banned.

:toxx:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Also I bet Wehrlein gets the seat so Lewis can be the rightful number one. Also it would be funny symmetry to see Wehrlein take him by surprise and put Hamilton in the position he put Alonso in ten years ago

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Nando to Merc so that he can poo poo all over poois.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/804678179017334784

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Roller Coast Guard posted:

People were pointing out the cut-n-paste sections from other circuits literally from the day of the track map being revealed. The whole track feels like one of those dumb lazy magazine articles about THE ULTIMATE F1 CIRCUIT made from all the corners everyone likes tagged together but missing the point completely.

They were pointing them out, not criticizing them. It works well.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Kobayashi

e: either way things were looking fairly settled but this has thrown the cat amongst the silly season pigeons in hilarious style. :getin:

Oh god Nando to Merc and Are Kamui to McHonda would be so good

Shame it's not gonna happen

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

German GP dropped, German WDC quits. Coincidence?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Sashimi posted:

I really can't blame Rosberg for retiring on a high note. Maybe he saw Button piddling around for the last few years of his career and thought nah.

I think he's retiring a little too soon but he really didn't look like he was enjoying himself at the end there. Obviously it meant alot to get one like his dad did, maybe that's all he wanted.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Vettel can get tired of Ferrari's poo poo and move over to Mercedes. Or Max Chilton can come back!

edit: Gutierrez can waste the seat for the whole year

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

The irony of all this of course is that Mercedes were really giving off the impression that they would not be too concerned if Lewis left that team, and now the reverse has happened.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Didn't see that coming. He's only 30 or so

Rip

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

"We will start to look at this [new driver choices] on Monday." said Toto Wolff in the press conference.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
This... feels right.

Shine on.

For real though next season just got... interesting?

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

I suspect that's Keke's influence.

Nico has just had a kid, an quite possibly wants to be around.

Do you notice his timing is similar to his Dad's, in terms of the age of his child?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

This... feels right.

Shine on.

For real though next season just got... interesting?

There's another rules shake up next season. The last one ended the Vettelreich so it's not as if there wasn't some speculation.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Baron Corbyn posted:

Also I bet Wehrlein gets the seat so Lewis can be the rightful number one. Also it would be funny symmetry to see Wehrlein take him by surprise and put Hamilton in the position he put Alonso in ten years ago

I really hope not. I haven't been impressed with Wehrlein at all. I'd like to see an established heavy hitter in there. Even someone sneaky like Perez would be fine. I don't want them to make Lewis obvious #1.

I don't want Vettel moving over, but I can almost guarantee he has exit clauses in his Ferrari contract like how he got out of RBR.

Nando would be amazing, Riciardo would be great, I might even tolerate Max (though his contract is probably iron loving clad) if he would demoralize Lewis. I can't think of anyone else that I feel would challenge Lewis.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I think Vettel would struggle to beat Lewis. Alonso would almost certainly clean him out now.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

What

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Baron Corbyn posted:

That loving slimy fraud gets to pretend this was anything other than a fluke. Disgusting.

Rosberg'd again.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

dreesemonkey posted:

I really hope not. I haven't been impressed with Wehrlein at all. I'd like to see an established heavy hitter in there. Even someone sneaky like Perez would be fine. I don't want them to make Lewis obvious #1.

I don't want Vettel moving over, but I can almost guarantee he has exit clauses in his Ferrari contract like how he got out of RBR.

Nando would be amazing, Riciardo would be great, I might even tolerate Max (though his contract is probably iron loving clad) if he would demoralize Lewis. I can't think of anyone else that I feel would challenge Lewis.

I can possibly see Nando going, but Are Dan and Max seem to enjoy Red Bull, and they have a dynamic that seems to work.

Watch Merc sign GUT :v:

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
I bet there are a lot of premier guys with very itchy feet at the moment!!

This is unreal, not something that's really happened in modern F1 (of the last 25 years). Crazy crazy stuff

Although now the silly season speculation won't be about whether Nico chooses number 1 or number 6.

Looking forward to the silliest of seasons!

Ecstatic
Sep 30, 2010

dreesemonkey posted:

Vettel's got to be the prime candidate, German and able to wriggle out of his contract.

And besides, who doesn't want to see a Ham Vet petulance match next year?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Just pissed myself laughing hard out loud in the office at that bombshell.... loving epic. I love you Bossberg.

Sulman posted:

Do you notice his timing is similar to his Dad's, in terms of the age of his child?

I eagerly await the Bossberg trilogy in 30 years time.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The chance of any top driver willingly joining a team with Hamilton has got to be pretty slim at this point, right?

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

Maldonado's time to return!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

I think Vettel would struggle to beat Lewis. Alonso would almost certainly clean him out now.

Vettel would beat Lewis and so would Max because they are both the best drivers. The worst drivers are every Australian one.

• Locked thread