Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

If anyone gets asked to go to AWS re:invent, don't do it. Holy poo poo that was the worst conference I have ever had to work. I think we gave out almost 4000 t-shirts and my voice is pretty much nonexistent at this point from talking to people all loving day. And 4 days in Vegas is way too long. I am now going to do my best to not stand(can't have chairs in the booth, that would look unprofessional!) or talk to anyone for the next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

The end of the first season of TWD pissed me off so much I couldn't watch anymore. Everything that I have heard/couple episodes I have seen support that choice. Breaking Bad's first season was loving amazing, but went down hill from there. I think I made it to the end of season 3 or 4 and completely lost interest in it.

Its kind of dumb, but I love The Blacklist. It is totally insane and unrealistic, but entertaining. Same with Burn Notice, I have watched the entire series multiple times, but I still put it on for mindless entertainment.

Previa_fun posted:

I've never actually seen a house in person with the kitchen vent fan properly vented to the outside.

One of my old rental houses had a microwave above the stove that had a "vent" built into it. I say "vent" cause it just blew the air back out on top of the microwave, which was perfect face level for me. One of the things I am most looking forward to when we remodel our kitchen is having a proper ventilation system.

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 19, 2016

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Shaved meat4lyfe (4drunks)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBxf43JImrY

Now I need to go get lunch from Mr Gyros, which is loving amazing and run by the nicest guys I have ever met. I will go months without going in/seeing the owners and they still remember me and my order.

This video just made my wife's day.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This is the best link I've ever seen:

http://quinndunki.com/blondihacks/?p=3023

Watching this engineer up-armour her cat feeder to protect it from the cat is a pattern that is all too familiar to me with my own kitten and the intricate maze of zipties I have constructed to block access to the fireplace.

I had to send this to my buddy who has a giant maine coon that has gone through multiple automatic feeders. Granted his cat is not very smart and will just throw itself at the feeder until it gives up more food.

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 21, 2016

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

We keep food in a rubbermaid tub, binder clipped shut with a heavy book in top. They get fed once a day, at night, when I get home. Each cat uses their own bowl, and I treat them like dogs, because gently caress cattes that are traditionally cats. Puppy cats are best.

One cat even whines like a dog when the SO leaves for the day, and I play with them like dogs and bark at them. They bark back :kimchi:

My wife keeps telling me to stop petting the new kitten like a dog, but I plan on treating her just like my dog. They already tear around the house and play with each other. Granted my dog is a lazy bastard who is happiest when she is sleeping on your lap. Thankfully we just got the cat fixed so she can go outside soon, her mom was feral and she really wants to go hunt poo poo.

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 21, 2016

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Three-Phase posted:

Our family's traditional Christmas movie has been the MST3K of "Manos: the Hands of Fate".

ours is bad boys 2.

granted the list also contains scrooged, love actually and muppets christmas carol.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

It looks good to get people excited about cooking but seems pretty expensive for what you get.

We used to use Blue Apron and now use a different service that does the same thing(marleyspoon), and we really like it. It seemed expensive till we stepped back and looked at our grocery bills. We would go to the store 3+ times a week and drop $100+ on food. Yes, we are bad at meal planning and smart shopping in general, but this sort of service helps. Now we are down to usually 1 trip to the store a week, still spending $100+ dollars, but if we can cut out 2 store trips a week for a ~$65 weekly delivery service it works out for us. Really we just need to get our budget under control in general and cut down on impulse spending, which is out of control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Oh god. I spend maybe 250-300 a month on groceries, for two people.

Yup, I am terrible with money. Granted those trips also include buying some beer and wine, so that doesn't help. And we tend to shop at the more expensive locally owned grocery store instead of safeway/qfc/fred meyer.

Magnus Praeda posted:

I wish it was possible to customize services like this on a per-person basis rather than per-household. My wife's vegetarian and I'm not so we'd either get a lot of meals she couldn't eat or I'd have to add meat to at least a few of the dishes.

Yea, that can be annoying, but having it setup as a 2 person meal is the only way to make the system work. You could always try ordering 1 meal each of you, and save half for the next days lunch/dinner. Thankfully neither of us are vegan/vegetarian, so it makes it easier, but at the same time my wife hates pork and any ground meat, so it does limit some of the options. Granted most of the vegetarian meals that we have had are really good and I had no problem with them missing meat.

• Locked thread