Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I actually own this because MMX is probably one of my favorite games ever and I thought it would be neat (it's not).

Did they ever do a proper HD release or are all of these assets just wasted on a terrible phone game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
a proper hd release is the snes rom available on the wii u

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Spider boss just slides up and down a pole in the middle instead of the lotto thing: $4.99

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

COMPLETE SETdoes not include arranged BGMs

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its incredible that a snes is more powerful than a modern phone but hell, the evidence is right there

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

its incredible that a snes is more powerful than a modern phone but hell, the evidence is right there

It even had a feature that let you call your mom to keep you from getting homesick when you thought about your favorite meal.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

or your dad would call if you played too long

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
The wily 4 boss on mega man 2 is fuckin bullshit!! The one where you can only use crash bombs and they don't provide any reliable way to refill your weapons if you die. gently caress up on that boss once and it's pretty much game over.

Other than that mm2 is way easier than 1 in terms of level design and drop frequency, not to mention E tanks, etc. Seems more generous with extra lives too, there's like two in a row plus an e tank on wily 3 if you go the right way.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

The wily 4 boss on mega man 2 is fuckin bullshit!! The one where you can only use crash bombs and they don't provide any reliable way to refill your weapons if you die. gently caress up on that boss once and it's pretty much game over.

Other than that mm2 is way easier than 1 in terms of level design and drop frequency, not to mention E tanks, etc. Seems more generous with extra lives too, there's like two in a row plus an e tank on wily 3 if you go the right way.

Are you playing on normal?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I'm playing rock man 2, which has no difficulty setting. I think it's what "difficult" on the US version is.

I'm only playing the Japanese version because the post-level "get equipped with" screen goes by way faster

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Ran out of bubble lead trying to beat alien wily. gently caress this game lol

Even if i used continues I would have to kill myself like ten more times

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Seriously the game just throws lives and e tanks at you and then takes the cheapest cheap shot ever at the last minute by making the final boss beatable by only one weapon and providing literally no way to refill it except by getting a game over. Very cruel

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
People say MM2 is the best one but it takes until MM4 for them not to have embarrassing design elements like that.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Last Celebration posted:

People say MM2 is the best one but it takes until MM4 for them not to have embarrassing design elements like that.

Yeah it's so embarrassing how 3 Japanese men hosed up a game from 1988 so badly

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
It's a glaring design flaw in what is otherwise a masterpiece

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's funny because even in Mega Man 1 they have weapon specific parts but they also include infinitely respawning weapon charges that take two seconds to farm with screen transitions

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

tht boss is such a crock of poo poo lol. worst part ist hat you get exactly enoguh shots to kill it, nd they put two decoy walls to blow up in so nless you know that already you gently caress up nd shoot one for convenience nd have to game over

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

Seriously the game just throws lives and e tanks at you and then takes the cheapest cheap shot ever at the last minute by making the final boss beatable by only one weapon and providing literally no way to refill it except by getting a game over. Very cruel

i replayed it the other night in honour of this thread and i immediately had to suicide away 6 lives and continue on the final level because i had used too much bubble

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-tggcgwjI

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

you can refill it by farming the bean drills. unless they arent in that level i forget

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

you can refill it by farming the bean drills. unless they arent in that level i forget

Nah on the very last stage there's no enemies, just the acid dripping from the ceiling

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

should i get magaman collection on steam or 3ds

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

should i get magaman collection on steam or 3ds

I heard the 3ds version was poorly emulated somewhere.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
the 3DS version doesn't have 3D or any other reason to pick it over the other versions aside from some amiibo challenge levels. some sections of the later games have slowdown that's not in the other versions or the VC versions

the HD versions are fine, it gets props for CRT filters that aren't completely awful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BUMP because im getting back to this after an extended break with Hitman https://www.twitch.tv/in_training with the end of X3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mega Man X3 can suck my dick. At least I beat it and can move on to X4 which is apparently worse lol

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training posted:

Mega Man X3 can suck my dick. At least I beat it and can move on to X4 which is apparently worse lol

x4 has some really funny voice acting

Soral
May 30, 2009

i dont know if youre the kind of person that can garner any kind of enjoyment out of that kind of thing though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

x3 is barely tolerable and then each x game gets worse and worse

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The final boss is the worst boss I've ever fought

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol it took me 3 hours to beat the last 2 levels of X3

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/NintenDaan/status/816852211942719488

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Lol it took me 3 hours to beat the last 2 levels of X3

it was a nightmare to watch

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

x3 is barely tolerable and then each x game gets worse and worse

X4 is better than X3, but otherwise yeah. X8 is also supposedly passable.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im gonna play X4 in a bit. The Saturn version, ftw.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Im gonna play X4 in a bit. The Saturn version, ftw.

patiently waiting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Starting now https://www.twitch.tv/in_training !!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol at having your stream open and i suddenly get gamer thinking mutters in the background

• Locked thread