Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

you didnt show zero mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

X4 blows.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

can you please play megaman arcade for a little bit

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

It's not great. Try using Zero, and precede to bang your head against the wall.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

X5 was even worse, although it's kinda cool you can just immediately jump to the final boss if you want. I'm gonna skip X6 and go directly to 7 and 8 for like 5 minutes each and then my journey with mega Man games will be complete.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Aw man, I wanted to watch you play X4 but I'm at MAGfest all weekend.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

what about the zero series?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah I have all those as well. Forgot about that, phew

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And then of course I'm going to complete Might No. 9 for the extreme lulz.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
stream x7

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I'll be doing it all on stream. I just can't do any more tonight, x4 and x5 and the potential of x6 being the same as x5 but worse was all just too crushing

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

Oh I'll be doing it all on stream. I just can't do any more tonight, x4 and x5 and the potential of x6 being the same as x5 but worse was all just too crushing

If only we were so lucky. X6 is insane.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a loving ... level in X5, that is the exact same as the completely ball rear end scooter level from X4, but you can die during the god drat intro to the level, before it seems like you can even do anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/in_training/ElatedCattleRedCoat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also poo poo like this https://clips.twitch.tv/in_training/MotionlessKangarooRitzMitz makes me wanna see how deep the rabbithole goes in X5 but its not even remotely fun to play

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Also poo poo like this https://clips.twitch.tv/in_training/MotionlessKangarooRitzMitz makes me wanna see how deep the rabbithole goes in X5 but its not even remotely fun to play

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also those purple ghosts show up on every level and like, infect you. But they don't do any damage so I don't know what its doing. You also have a limited number of attempts on the levels, every time you enter a level you lose 1hour and if you take longer than 16 hours the Earth explodes and everybody on the surface dies.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
X5 was made with Inafune already half out the door to go start the Zero series, it was supposed to be the final X game but Capcom started production on X6 before Zero 1 came out and Inti had to scramble to change a bunch of poo poo so as not to contradict the new X game they were assured would never happen

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

rofl

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
What don't you like about X4, I remember it being okay aside from how absurdly hard Sigma is as Zero. But yeah, you missed out on a Devil fight in X5 so that's good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

X5's endgame twist is pretty fantastic, but I seriously couldn't tell you why I played through the whole thing as a kid. It sucks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

What don't you like about X4, I remember it being okay aside from how absurdly hard Sigma is as Zero. But yeah, you missed out on a Devil fight in X5 so that's good.

The boss arenas scroll, which sounds minor but its both an indicator of the Mega Man tier we are operating in and doubly annoying in the X series because so many of the boss patterns require you to wall jump to about certain attacks and if the arena scrolls 90% of the time you are not a single jump from sticking to a wall which just makes everything feel crappy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll be playing X6 after dinner.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm glad that I stopped after X3 :stare:

The only thing that looks okay about X4 and X5 is the music, it feels pretty par for the course. The rest of it looks like they were trying a bunch of weird stuff to shake things up but didn't think any of them all the way through.dw

I also remember literally nothing about 3, like I couldn't tell you who the bosses were or anything. I remember in 2 there's a resurrect Zero scavenger hunt and that the Ostrich is in a big huge room like Storm Eagle. I think the end was easier but that may just have been because I played X2 and X3 on an emulator and only played original X on SNES?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I remember most of the 3 guys because half the openings were cool dumb poo poo like Blizzard Buffalo making ice sculptures of himself, also I'm a huge nerd who listens to the PSX OST sometimes. Also Crush Crawfish because his weapon is the only way to deal with all the big unfun enemies like the mole flail guys without breaking up gameplay flow.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mega Man is a weird game series because stunningly boring ideas like "Let's just rewind and try to rebottle the success of Mega Man 2" somehow works better than "Let's try to shake up the sidescroller by making you move fast on a sled, or rotate up some stairs" is just annoying and makes you want to play the Mega Man 2 imitations instead.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Like I think 9 has some legitimately hard moments that are probably more challenging than the frustrating moments of 8, but 8 made me want to scream and 9 made me want to try harder.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

STarting now https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

Mega Man is a weird game series because stunningly boring ideas like "Let's just rewind and try to rebottle the success of Mega Man 2" somehow works better than "Let's try to shake up the sidescroller by making you move fast on a sled, or rotate up some stairs" is just annoying and makes you want to play the Mega Man 2 imitations instead.

Mega man is pretty interesting as a franchise because it basically has a revolving door of talent with Inafune (not even the actual daddy of Mega Man) as the only constant and a lot of the more mediocre entries in the series can be explained with poo poo like the guys behind 1-4 leaving for 5 and 7 being made in six months.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i must shower

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I enjoyed playing Zero in X4. That game was also much more tolerable if you used the code to get X's ultimate armor that allowed unlimited use of his super-invincible-dash.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

what was wrong with x3? i remember the final boss being a loving piece of poo poo lol but besides that?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

its odd we like good game and not bad game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PLaying X4, X5, X6 and X7 back to back to back to back was like staring into a black hole for 2 days straight

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i must shower

go look up the MM 1 through 6 ports that just came out for smartphones, they play and run worse than the old flip phone versions from a decade ago, it's unreal

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

go look up the MM 1 through 6 ports that just came out for smartphones, they play and run worse than the old flip phone versions from a decade ago, it's unreal

whaaat lmao im gonna look this up i cant believe it e: that they did this on flip phones and it was better 10 yrs ago i mean lol

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 7, 2017

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!