Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Just beat mega man 5 in one sitting :sweatdrop:

nice dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Boss_character_contest

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I submitted one of these for the Nintendo Power one, lol.

Mine was Time Man. I looked at pictures of real Mega Man robots in Nintendo Power and made a hybrid of them and I was like "By the time my brother has HIS first communion, maybe he'll get a Mega Man game with my very own robot!" but then my Mom never mailed my drawing because she got distracted by my brother's asthma.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is blowing my mind.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my Time Man was way cooler than the one in the remake of original Mega Man. Thanks a lot, Mom!!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

woah

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I spent many hours of my childhood imagining fighting a robot master that I designed in the make-a-boss contest.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
For this contest a template was given for three of them: one boss character with a sword (the winner being Sword Man),

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

For this contest a template was given for three of them: one boss character with a sword (the winner being Sword Man),

Lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im probably gonna play some more 6 in a little bit.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

elf help book posted:

heh

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm not positive that I ever beat Mega Man 6. One of these days I'll go back and make sure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plant Man down https://www.twitch.tv/in_training I wish they didn't use the up and down enemy in every game since it was introduced, it's always annoying

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Everyone get in here and watch this bitch experience MMX for the first time ever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mega Man X looks like its an incredible game and I failed miserably to beat half of the opening levels.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
To be fair you did manage to beat Armadillo like 3 times, and at record pace.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Drifting off to sleep thinking about how incredible A) the rest of the levels in MMX will look and sound B) it will feel to start beating bosses and learning the new game and C) the Wily levels will probably be

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

i bow to his mastery of that stage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I booted up mega man 8 out of curiosity for a little bit and the game has cutscenes with film grain and terrible dubbing, this is cool

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I booted up mega man 8 out of curiosity for a little bit and the game has cutscenes with film grain and terrible dubbing, this is cool
It's a really charming game. I don't think it's very good, but I like it a lot. Some of the boss and enemy animations have a lot of character.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im going to stream MMX again in a bit. I beat the Penguin Man because 100000 people in Games mentioned its basically a requirement and they weren't wrong, X is a completely different game with the dash. https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I'm a little ashamed to say that the only MegaMan game I have played is MegaMan64.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I'm a little ashamed to say that the only MegaMan game I have played is MegaMan64.

megaman legends is th poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

everyone has a duty to at least play megaman 2 and megaman X

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THe mechanical spider who plays the japanese lotto game keeps brutally kicking my rear end.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

THe mechanical spider who plays the japanese lotto game keeps brutally kicking my rear end.

If your talking about the one on the Sigma stage yah that's the hardest boss in the game to me. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't figure out its patterns

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
the best megaman is 3 if we're not counting the battle networks and mmbn5 if we are. I'm sure all the battle network games are terrible and it's only my nostalgia that's holding them up so I'm not sure if I'll ever replay them but I will cherish my memories of abusing dark invis

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

i love unlocking the hadouken in megaman x. it just feels like the whole thing was designed for nobody to believe you when you tell them how to get it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spoderman posted:

i love unlocking the hadouken in megaman x. it just feels like the whole thing was designed for nobody to believe you when you tell them how to get it

There's hadoukens in X? Lol you have to do a fireball motion like in SOTN?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

yeah, its a secret pickup lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

In Training posted:

it's the classic hadouken. same input, and megaman says "hadouken" in that SNES street fighter high pitched voice. it rules.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just looked it up since i havent played x in years and its on the freakin armoured armadillo stage lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spoderman posted:

it's the classic hadouken. same input, and megaman says "hadouken" in that SNES street fighter high pitched voice. it rules.

That's badass. I'll have to look it up after I beat the game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

rediscover posted:

If your talking about the one on the Sigma stage yah that's the hardest boss in the game to me. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't figure out its patterns

Yeah you basically have to fill up your sub tanks for that guy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mmx2 is my favorite

i love the giant flying alligator ship level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

X2 or 3 has a secret shoryuken

• Locked thread