Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
They shine like justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

"for me, as a japanese, i just can't eat a whole apple"

-yoko taro 2014

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Do Swapper is totally awesome and I love the sci-fi horror vibe it has going.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was annoyed by the philosophical rocks and I had to look a few answers up, but Swapper is solid

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'll confess something: I've been playing Star Wars Old Republic this past week and it's been fun. If you liked Mass Effect you should give it a chance, it's free.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Jay Rust posted:

I'll confess something: I've been playing Star Wars Old Republic this past week and it's been fun. If you liked Mass Effect you should give it a chance, it's free.

I've had it on my list a while. Sometime this year probably.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lizard Wizard posted:

How're my nails, Games?

Hey your aren't a lizard!!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
SFO has really comfortable chairs. I bet this thing would cost like $1200 and it's just sitting in an airport.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/PixelMatt64/status/813851857760026624
Sony has won the console wars.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqVsmUpsiV4

Holy poo poo

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

wait what the room was real?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
What could have been
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB2VEHRX_L0

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY_wfKVjuJM

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Holy poo poo guys, Sapienza was so good. I'm excited to replay it. I disguised myself as a delivery man and put a proximity mine with the flowers on the grave, but it blew up a bodyguard instead of the guy. Whoops. :v: (Later I killed him with an explosive golf ball.)

So far my only gripe with Hitman is that my computer has a hard time running it and it eats up my memory. I need to upgrade my computer.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.destructoid.com/blogs/cheetaman/most-of-the-stuff-i-played-in-2016-and-what-i-think-about-it-406936.phtml

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hi, I'm going to play KOTOR II again (restored content mod obv). Does anyone have recommendations for how to not hate the gameplay?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27T_zqwlSBM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CImyDBJSTsQ

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 31, 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What is next month's thread title gonna be?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Gaming in the Trump Years

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
All Hail President Armstrong

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's Japanuary you guys we settled this like a week ago

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

It's been a long December and there's reason to believe

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Jay Rust posted:

Games Chat Thread 2017: gently caress You, It's January!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Press A to President Select: the Japanuary Games Thread.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Cities Skylines is making a real late push for my favorite game this year

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

cities skylines is especially good when you just cheat cheat cheat and make pretty cities

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

cheating...one of the 7 deadly video game sins (don't ask me what the others are)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

okay it's sandbox mode

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Regy Rusty posted:

Gaming in the Trump Years

Are You A Bad Enough Dude to Support the President?

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Holy poo poo guys, Sapienza was so good. I'm excited to replay it. I disguised myself as a delivery man and put a proximity mine with the flowers on the grave, but it blew up a bodyguard instead of the guy. Whoops. :v: (Later I killed him with an explosive golf ball.)

Exploding golf ball is the best death in Sapienza until you figure out the various cannon kills

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

oddium posted:

cities skylines is especially good when you just cheat cheat cheat and make pretty cities

After 14 years of SimCity 4, the Dark Souls of city building games, Cities Skylines' revenue model feels like cheating. Plus it's pretty and the traffic model isn't total horseshit. It actually gets that this is supposed to be fun while giving enough challenge to incentivize making a good city.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

old stuff is cool

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is there any city builder that can do mixed use? Building something that truly looks and works like the best cities and hoods in the world is impossible without it. Even Skylines sticks to a model that is suburban in its take on cities.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Games Chat Thread 2017: Jan U Dig It?!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Lobok posted:

Is there any city builder that can do mixed use? Building something that truly looks and works like the best cities and hoods in the world is impossible without it. Even Skylines sticks to a model that is suburban in its take on cities.

The closest is SimTower and whatever modern analogue the Lazy Game Reviews guy reviewed. Of course, that just gives you one building. I think Skylines' dense commercial zones are supposed to basically be seen as mixed-use, and with plazas and walking paths you can make something close to what you're thinking.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Lobok posted:

i don't really know what that means but people have modded in every type and style of building imagine, and there's another mod where you can plop down buildings like you would parks except they work like traditional RICO zones

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Sorry, my Google skills are weak, what's a RICO zone

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Residential, Industrial, Commercial..... uh...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Otaku

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

residential industry commercial office

so instead of painting the grid residential and houses pop up there you can put down a building and say it's a residential zone. or a park can be a commercial zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TheScott2K posted:

The closest is SimTower and whatever modern analogue the Lazy Game Reviews guy reviewed. Of course, that just gives you one building. I think Skylines' dense commercial zones are supposed to basically be seen as mixed-use, and with plazas and walking paths you can make something close to what you're thinking.

Funny you mention SimTower since that's my fave Sim game ever, long before I ever cared about urban design nerd stuff. "Dense commercial zones" sounds like it's still banks of skyscrapers but without playing it I'm not sure. I remember going through some of the Skylines message boards after it had been out for a while and people were asking about mixed use being included back then so that's why I was wondering.

Without it you have to fake it visually or micro manage with very small discrete zones alternating over and over and that's not quite the same thing. And it's such a core concept that allows real Main Street America, or iconic Old World city centres, or Brooklyn, or something like Queen Street here in Toronto.

• Locked thread