Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ImpAtom posted:

New Game + starts you off with all your equipment/stats/ect which isn't as fun as a fresh run.

...but you were just asking for the ability to start a new game with weapons you've earned :psyduck: seriously Imp what.

And the enemies are balanced for your new stats, that's why its NG+. Its still every bit as hard, if not harder. If you haven't tried NG+ you really should. If you want "new game but with weapon I got from halfway that I like" that's literally it dude.

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't find NG+ as fun as starting the game from scratch again.

I usually start from scratch to try a new build, but that isn't as much a thing in BB so I actually play more NG+ there than in mainline souls games.

In a souls game I'll roll a paladin, a wizard, a straight warrior, a punching street fighter, etc.

But in BB you can see everything there is to do with like 2, maaaybe 3 builds tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Quest For Glory II posted:

farming simulator: FOR WOMEN ONLY

personally i'm loving that the words "GIFT HER" are placed directly beneath pictures of a manic pixie dream girl and a girl next door

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
kingdom hearts 2.8 is gonna be fun

is dead rising 4 actually coming out, i have heard literally nothing about this game and didnt know it was even in development lol

walking dead s3 will be cool

overall a good month imo

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Zaphod42 posted:

And the enemies are balanced for your new stats, that's why its NG+. Its still every bit as hard, if not harder.

I haven't tried NG+ in Bloodborne, but in the Dark Souls series this isn't true. Having high stats and fully upgraded weapons absolutely destroys bosses in the first ~2/3 of the game, regardless of the slight extra health and damage it gives them.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Harrow posted:

God damnit, Nintendo, you could've had something absolutely incredible there.

The last 20 years in a nutshell.

Quest For Glory II posted:

its not as flagrant as the kind of poo poo direct2drive does tho

The Hitler Did Nothing Wrong sale, featuring Hatred and Postal 2. You'll pay for the whole game but you'll only need the edge :twisted:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I haven't tried NG+ in Bloodborne, but in the Dark Souls series this isn't true. Having high stats and fully upgraded weapons absolutely destroys bosses in the first ~2/3 of the game, regardless of the slight extra health and damage it gives them.

Its still the case in BB if not more so.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't want all my weapons and items or anything I just want to be able to pick my starter from any weapon the game so I can use like the burial blade on a not NG+ run.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Thats how bosses are for ng too, though. When I start a new game, I plow through everything up until Logarius, Chalice Rom, Mergo's, and Ludwig. And Mergo's is by far the easiest of those.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

boy are my arms tired posted:

is dead rising 4 actually coming out, i have heard literally nothing about this game and didnt know it was even in development lol

It's coming out but it looks like poo poo. Every mechanic besides zombie killing has been removed or reduced to nothing. There is no time limit, the survivors save themselves after you find them, psychopaths are reduced to regular NPCs wearing the goofy outfits you can find in the game.

Literally the only good thing the developers have to say about it is that it's a return to the roots of the series, despite the mechanics going the furthest away from the first one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't think there's ever been a time that a developer or publisher claiming something is a "return to the series' roots" has been anything but a horrible lie.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think there's ever been a time that a developer or publisher claiming something is a "return to the series' roots" has been anything but a horrible lie.

r e s i d e n t e v i l 7

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

VVVVVV is good actually

Stories is also pretty okay. It's not amazing but it's interesting enough for a little while and it's a good game to get for free

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

r e s i d e n t e v i l 7

I'm sorta pumped for Biohazard Chainsaw Massacre: Invincible Hillbilly Panic and want to know more about it

tap my mountain posted:

It's coming out but it looks like poo poo. Every mechanic besides zombie killing has been removed or reduced to nothing. There is no time limit, the survivors save themselves after you find them, psychopaths are reduced to regular NPCs wearing the goofy outfits you can find in the game.

Literally the only good thing the developers have to say about it is that it's a return to the roots of the series, despite the mechanics going the furthest away from the first one.

Oh but they did include a time limit mode- in a day 1 DLC lol

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm sorta pumped for Biohazard Chainsaw Massacre: Invincible Hillbilly Panic and want to know more about it

cross postin' from re thread in case you haven't seen it:

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/resident-evil-7-newpreviews-gameplay-screenshots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Hm-6KsFsM

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

...but you were just asking for the ability to start a new game with weapons you've earned :psyduck: seriously Imp what.

And the enemies are balanced for your new stats, that's why its NG+. Its still every bit as hard, if not harder. If you haven't tried NG+ you really should. If you want "new game but with weapon I got from halfway that I like" that's literally it dude.

A) I wasn't the one who asked that, so...?
B) "Starting with the weapons you earned" is not the same as "Starting with fully-upgraded +10 weapons and gems." People who ask for this are asking for the ability to start with fresh unupgraded weapons, which would allow the early game to have more variety.
C) The enemy balancing in a NG+ of Bloodborne is not really well as designed because it has to compensate for a wide variety of potential builds and while NG+s are fun they are not fun the same way as a fresh runs.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 1, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Time for another Capcom franchise to die because the fans can't handle a sequel being different.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Guy Mann posted:

Time for another Capcom franchise to die because the fans can't handle a sequel being different.

iunno there seems to be a fairly substantial amount of hype behind this, i think it'll do alright

you still get the purists tho "ew its not 2 or 3 why would i play outlast clone #235425"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Pourin one out for Breath of Fire.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I haven't seen anything about RE7 that makes me want to play it just yet, so hopefully there will be more gameplay footage shown soon.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The demo was really cool.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

you still get the purists tho "ew its not 2 or 3 why would i play outlast clone #235425"

If it's not like classic Resident Evil, and it's not like Resident Evil 4, in what way is it Resident Evil.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guy Mann posted:

I can't fault people for wanting a game they'd like to play instead of one they wouldn't.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Resident Evil's been dead for years anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

If it's not like classic Resident Evil, and it's not like Resident Evil 4, in what way is it Resident Evil.

It says so right on the front of the box!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I was pretty impressed by the demo but I kind of expect the actual game to be less interesting. I hope I'm wrong about that because, once again, the demo was cool.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Don't know how I feel about the first person thing in a game where enemies will constantly be trying to melee you

Suppose it adds to the closed-in feel of the game and lets you be spoooookkeedd by dumb jump scares easier

General structure pf the game seems to be pretty classic RE though so maybe it'll be alright?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I haven't played a single RE since the original release of 4

Somehow I feel I'm better off for that

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Worked in Alien: Isolation

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

RE4 killed Resident Evil.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Lurdiak posted:

lurdiak, in 2004: "if its not like resident evil 2 or 3 in what way is it resident evil"

like i get what you're saying but game companies can and should try to break the mold of their franchises, else it becomes stale imo

also holy poo poo re4 came out almost 12 years ago

e:

Lurdiak posted:

RE4 killed Resident Evil.

oh, lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Lurdiak posted:

literally could say this about resident evil 4 itself

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It is a game where you play a person trapped in a mansion filled with evil monsters who want to kill you and you must solve complex and somewhat nonsensical puzzles in order to escape. Also it will probably involve the Umbrella corporation and viruses.

I'm not sure how that isn't Resident Evil?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ciaphas posted:

All the mainline games and both Revelations are all worth playing to a greater or lesser extent.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

All downhill from there really. 5 isn't bad but it's not better than 4. 6 is Bad-To-Extremely-Contentious-Maybe-OK The Mercenary mode was neat...

I really hope Dead Rising 4 isn't as bad as it looks- I can't take two mediocre-to-bad DR games in a row. Guess I could just play DR2 again by way of Off The Record and pretend that's DR4

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ImpAtom posted:

It is a game where you play a person trapped in a mansion filled with evil monsters who want to kill you and you must solve complex and somewhat nonsensical puzzles in order to escape. Also it will probably involve the Umbrella corporation and viruses.

"*pounds knife and fork on the table* GIVE ME TANK CONTROLS"
-Resident Evil fans

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

ImpAtom posted:

You're not a cop/agent with a crappy gun :colbert:

Not that I mind formula change-ups. It is a bit different this time and very different from the action game style of 4-6.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bloodychill posted:

You're not a cop/agent with a crappy gun :colbert:

Claire Redfield. :colbert:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm still sad we didn't get that grim dark MegaMan shooter

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Shadow the MegaMan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Grimdark reboots came to a head with Bomberman Zero, then everyone went 'too far' and backed off.

• Locked thread