Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

Is it finally a capacitive screen?

Thats the rumor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

re5 with a friend is some of the best co-op gameplay ever.

re5 alone is ok i guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

re5s existence is entirely validated by the final boss fight and everything that happens there

my pal and i played the whole game in a sitting and his battery was dying when we had to punch the rock and it wasn't working and we couldnt figure it out until we put new batteries in and it worked after like 10 failures and a lot of wasted time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Shantae is apparently out now for people who got the Beta-tier access. Haven't seen any impressions yet though.

amazon swears i get my physical copy on the 13th

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think since they don't have a solid release date, they didn't change it when it got pushed back so while it's possible you'll get it then, it's more likely that the day if you'll get an e-mail saying the date has been pushed back.

it was already pushed back from sept to nov to dec 13th. third time's the charm hopefully.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Klaus Kinski posted:

its very funny to me that people in tyool 2016 still argue that the first few re games are good games.

no, they are one step above visual novel puzzlers, they barely have gameplay.

As insane as your name sake

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://twitter.com/epyoncf/status/804482084702187520

Everyone, please go and download DoomRL while we still can - it's one of the best roguelikes out there, and captures Doom perfectly.

He can just name it BOOMRL and change some names of items and monsters if he wanted to keep it up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StrixNebulosa posted:

I know that these questions can be answered with "just go with it", but uh - why would you send a special agent into a rescue mission with only a handgun and ten bullets?

And why can't he move when he's shooting? Even Harry Mason from Silent Hill could do that!

e: What the heck, why a typewriter for a save point? :psyduck:

their chopper went down in the intro right?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh i thought you meant RE1

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'll check that out, haha - thanks!

A dude ambushed me in a shack, I already hate the tank controls - but at least I know where the quick-turn button is, and I've figured out how to open my menu and apply healing items.

This game is pretty cool so far.

set the controls to be only on the left stick with movement switching to aiming when you draw your gun. i was having a hard time with it until i did it and then it became really good feeling and natural. it does not play well imo as a 2 stick game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Monkey Fracas posted:

I cannot wait to play Death Stranding just to figure out what the hell is going on there

I have a feeling playing the game may not actually help but that's OK

from what i can tell the nazis have covered themselves in whale guts and spilled oil all over and turned hannibal into an umbilical feeding apparatus for soldiers so del toro needs to take a magic baby through the sewers to save him from being plugged in

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I can't even begin to figure out what type of game Death Stranding will be but it looks pretty cool

well its on some sony engine according to some rumors and the reveal that cerney is a producer so it will probably be a cinematic adventure or action game like knack

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

I still haven't played the other DLC for that

same. i hear its good though. love the main game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shindragon posted:

You two need to play Plague Knight. So good. Granted Plague Knight does take some time to get use to because he can be one slippery bastard to control.

i played the main game in like 2014 so i doubt i would remember exactly what shovel knight felt like to compare so its all good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

So Street Fighter has reached the point where they are selling sexy costume dlc? Nice job Sony/Capcom.

they've been doing this since like april or may or whenever they realized their cash store wasn't going to work and finally ran all transactions through psn/steam.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I'm eager to see what their next game is. It would be cool to see their take on more modern games since they basically crushed all competition in retro

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

blazblueCF story is indeed very good for your standard anime tale of religious order/world government hunting the cool amnesiac rogue with inter-dimensional Armageddon on the line

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

Is it a fighting game or a VN? Or both?

both in story mode. its a really great fighting game too. revelator is cooler and better imo but the characters are really fun to use and diverse and its simpler to play

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah, I've always liked GG more but BB has a really huge diverse roster. When you look at a game like this where no two characters really play anything alike and he'll almost no two pyrite tile moves are alike, it makes Capcom's "half the characters are variations on Ryu" thing seem kind of lame these days.

The story mode barely has any fights but the arcade mode is all fighting and had 3 stories for most of its characters. It really has a ton of single player content this time around which is good for sone one like me who likes fighting games but can't deal with the prospect of people that are actually good at them.

You should just play and lose cause you get loads better if you can take the loss with a clear head and bear to rewatch it later

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

psx stream is live. https://www.twitch.tv/playstation

do we have a thread?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

WHENS MAHVEL

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:yikes:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Can we work on a literal meaning for the word "soulslike"?

melee attacks on triggers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

phil fish's big problem is that he can't let stuff go on twitter which is like the biggest life skill you could ever learn in these times.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Im on the last level of Doom and I cant bring myself to finish it because its so criminally boring. The straw that broke the camels back was when there was a door I couldnt get past until I beat all the enemies but theres a jump pad right next to it that gives you like 3 times the height of the door but theres a floor to ceiling invisible wall. gently caress off.

I got bored in hell too. Final boss is fun when you get back to it so look forward to that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tekken 7 is gonna be awesome. i hope we get a launch date soon

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dishonored 2's new character is so op for straight combat. You can pull dudes one by one and stab them out of the air and theres nothing they can do about it no matter how many. Glad i already beat the game honestly with corvo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shantae is cool plz dont slutshame my cool bae

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Scrooge and monterray jack for mvci

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

C2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just did business with a gamestop for the first time in a while and it was bad.

i get an email out of no where that i have 2x 5 dollar coupons that can only be used in store. Apparently and without warning they started a new policy this month that every 15 days all your reward points are liquidated into 5 dollar coupons that expire within 15 days. You can log in to change it to not do this, but I haven't logged in there in a long rear end time and had forgotten i had any points at all.

so now i got 10 free dollars but i have to use them separately, they can't be combined, and after like 10 minutes of used bin diving i find 2 games I want, Ninja Gaidan razors edge and sonic generations and doing the math in my head i should get out of there for around 10 bucks after tax and coupons.

Well the prices on both games were wrong when scanned into the register so now they want 22 bucks for 2 old rear end games after a 10 dollar discount and the clerk kept trying to put both coupons on the same transaction which didn't work at all cause they were single use. then a manager wanders by and starts yelling at the clerk that i should get a 3rd game free because of a promotion which takes even longer cause the computer won't take my coupons with that deal.

somehow i walked out of there with call of juarez bound in blood, and ninja gaiden 3re for full price and a free copy of sonic generations (which they wanted 19.99 for originally) and all it took was like an hour of sweating in my coat in their hot store listening to kids complain to their parents.

my receipt is inscrutable and like 4 feet long with all the weird poo poo they did on it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:barf:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

That's the kind of pizza my nonna makes. It's good. Oily and garlicky and oh so good.

you can pizza however you want in the privacy of your own house

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

in 1990's japan i ate a ham and sweet corn pizza from a dominoes and it was good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What about on burgers?

grilled is ok i guess.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

Is that some kind of Mac specific thing? What is its purpose other than letting lemmings march above your keyboard?

the new mac put a screen there because they are out of ideas

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

both games are epic and great. pirates curse has some insane difficulty in its platforming towards the end too which feels great to master.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I am 2/3rds of the way through dishonored 2 for the second time playing a different character and in a different chaos level and nothing is different at all. is it just gonna be the ending cinematic that differs? seems like a really bullshit step back if they listened to the people that didn't like the changes chaos made to dishonored.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Deadly premontiion is one of my favorite games ever but i can only stand it on easy and need to rush the guitar asap to make it bearable to return to.

modding out large chunks of the battle stages entirely would be a great reason to play on pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I've heard the X series post-SNES is largely awful, i have no qualms just dropping a game if it sucks. But I'd like to at least see them all. My bar to clear I "better than Mega Man 7" which, if the X games get worse than that, wow

They do

• Locked thread