Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Shadow Tactics is apparently Commandos done well and also there's The Last Guardian so it should be enough to carry us into the new year.

As for X-mas games I'm looking forward to finally getting the new Hitman or maybe the new Deus Ex. There is also a group of indie games that are on my shortlist: The Witness, The Beginner's Guide, Firewatch, Inside - I'll see if any of them drop in price substantially. Dishonored 2 would be nice but I'll wait for a sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Red Bones posted:

It's gonna be weird if/when this game finally comes out. Are they still making it?
They're starcitizening it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Red Bones posted:

What are your 2017 video game hopes, friends?
Switch

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Don't worry, The Bloodborne Entertainment System™ isn't going anywhere and will be patiently waiting for you to pick it up.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

bloodychill posted:

I will continue to not watch award shows ever but enjoy the gifs of ridiculous poo poo that happens.
The show with Joel McHale was art:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaCso_b_PtY

Too bad that they'll probably never allow for something like that ever again.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

ImpAtom posted:

Are the stupid game awards being streamed? I assume so.
You can watch it directly on Steam actually. There's even a sale going with The Witness being cheaper than on Black Friday for some reason and Dishonored 2 being 33% off already.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yeah, the later awards aren't better because they're just cringeworthy without the actual comedy that McHale brought to the show.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Somebody sum up what was shown at the awards please. I don't give a crap about who won but rather what premiered or what title's gameplay was finally shown etc.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Was the new Mass Effect shown?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Thanks, I'm also reading about the Bulletstorm remaster which is the best news from the entire show to me. That they're adding optional Duke Nukem as a protagonist complete with full voice-acting is pretty great too as at times Bulletstorm had levels that could totally be put into DNF from an alternate reality where it was a good game.

I'm hopeful that this remaster shows a renewed interest in a game and we'll get a worthy sequel in the future.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Sakurazuka posted:

I never played Bulletstorm when it first came out but I've heard good things so I'm looking forward to the remaster.
It's one of the best FPSes ever made, highly underrated. It does require you to give all the tools the game throws at you a shot though, if you play it like a modern shooter ducking from cover to cover then you'll have a bad time.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Your av makes it look like you're posting twice as much.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a9E3n_VZRQ&t=34s

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Hahaha, oh my god Boogie got a "Trending Gamer Award" and a hug from some EA CEO during the TGA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV2h9wWj4_Y&t=100s

The more videos I see from these awards the better it gets.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm looking forward to The Last of Us 2. I also felt like the first one had pretty much a perfect ending but I can't say to no to more of that game. Naughty Dog hasn't disappointed me yet.

The Crash Bandicoot remaster is cool because maybe it's a little sign that the industry will slowly move to making the golden 3D era games instead of the golden pixel era games.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

2017 is going to be a good year for PS4.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

You could say people reading the thread let it die, huh.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

lmfao, this is great. The speech about the great Kojima injustice interwined with hydrobot bits where it seems like any minute they'll grab some shabby nerds out of the audience and start shaving them right there during a live on-stage infomercial, haha.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Haha at 10:08 a presenter says that she's excited because she's literally being paid to be excited, ok!? Amazing.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

New Titanfall 2 DLC looking good.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

A Sonic webcomic in 2016 that is safe for work? Now that's a weird niche with potential.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/806396348396408832

Namely, Sony are bringing PaRappa the Rapper, Everybody's Golf and other games to the mobile.
gently caress, I can't wait, this is awesome.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Just to make it clear for those not in the know, the Applebee's waitress is actually a metaphor for the atom bomb.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

So is The Last Guardian good or not?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I had a good pizza for lunch on friday. It's called a meter of pizza and you get a 1m long pizza divided into 4 flavors. There were 6 of us and we ate it together, it was pretty nice.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

What kind of pizza is measured in length rather than diameter?
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense, it was basically a medium one for each person but everybody tried different flavors. It's a pretty good place and they make their dough well so I enjoyed it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I like white pizza when they use good enough cheese to pull it off.

But to change the subject - today I'll eat some pho bo for lunch at a really good local Vietnamese restaurant. It's cold outside so it's time for soup.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I read that as "pee".

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It rhymes though. Like poetry, sort of.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I remember the carpet-escape part in Aladdin being some Battletoads-level bullshit. The game was rad overall though.

Lion King owned as well. Those were some good tie-in games.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I played it on the good old PC. The game was probably easier with any sort of gamepad instead of a keayboard though.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm definitely seeing Rogue One with a buddy of mine who isn't really into Star Wars. We won't go to the premiere though as I don't really like watching movies in fully packed theaters.

Also that Assassin's Creed movie is releasing a week after Star Wars :rip:. I would be already calculating how much of a loss it will be if I had anything to do with the movie.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

VideoGames posted:

That was my favourite level.
I had the monkey flipping sequences memorized. When I think about it now that was some insane poo poo, my god.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Harrow posted:

Obviously we're never going to get that but I still think it would've been neat. :shrug:
Well, the young Han Solo and Boba Fett movies are coming. They will probably still have lightsabers in them but at least the main characters specifically don't rely on using the force and according to the movies (not EU so Disney will probably at least consider it) Han Solo didn't even believe in the force before the destruction of the first Death Star.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

haveblue posted:

*pours out a forty for Star Wars 1313*
All the classic Star Wars games aside Star Wars: Bounty Hunter was cool at the time.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

LawfulWaffle posted:

Thank you, I am now cautiously optimistic.
Ending is great. There are many series that tried to do the Twin Peaks thing but ended up not being good enough so it's hard to recommend a follow-up. I liked the first 2 seasons of The Killing because they were obviously inspired by Twin Peaks minus the supernatural stuff and the tone is different. Just stop watching it after those 2 seasons because that's when the main case concludes and the series kinda falls apart afterwards. You could also give Alan Wake a try if you haven't played it yet.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

LawfulWaffle posted:

I watched the end of Twin Peaks and I am not satisfied. I think this must be what fans of Lost felt like.
I guess it's time to watch Fire Walk With Me (the ending won't be satisfying though).

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Also Deadly Premonition is great, I honestly wouldn't enjoy it if I just watched an LP. I went in completely blind and discovering things in the game interactively on my own added a lot to it and kept me going, I'd have dropped it half-way through if I was watching somebody else do it. I like games offering something unique and doing it well and DP definitely did that to me.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

While we talk about RE4 knock-offs - anybody remember Cold Fear? I thought it was pretty alright at the time. I don't think I finished it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

FutonForensic posted:

Talking about Star Wars games makes me realize that it's been over a year since the last new Star Wars game that wasn't a mobile app, and it's not like Battlefront 2015 was a stellar release. EA's really dropped the ball with that exclusive license.
If Battlefront released in its current state of updates and add-ons it would have been a pretty good release. I should have gotten it on console to still have people to play with but since they patched bots in I'll probably play some battles this way from time to time like I did with the old Battlefront 2.

• Locked thread