Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I got the new Doom game, which they named Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Cool. A bit like some old thing like Ming the Merciless. idk if it's still online tho.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I can't believe Knack is actually Back™ also Pokemon is really fun and addictive.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

wizard on a water slide posted:

I never played Deadly Premonition (on that note). Is it actually fun or does watching the funniest clips of it basically give you the gist?

The Steam version might still be extremely unstable. It does have DPfix, made by the guy who made DSfix for Dark Souls, but that doesn't make the game any more stable. It only makes it look better.
If you want the game, try to get it on console unless you wanna try your luck with it and possibly get a Steam refund later.

It's a good game if you like exploring bizarre worlds. It isn't that fun to actually play...
That being said in this quick edit, it has a lot of charm, Zach.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Nasgate posted:

I mean what other games on the cast are actually good besides Powerstone 2 and Nights?

Oh man definitely D2 and Blue Stinger. :haw:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Guess I'm pretty interested in Ever Oasis and Yooka Laylee for 2017. Also the floating simulator Tacoma.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I got a few games over the Steamed sale, but all I wanna do is screw around in Overwatch. It reminds me that yes, I am incredibly into seasonal cosmetics. Firewatch was a cool experience. Axiom verge was alright. Finished Dark Souls. That was a lot of fun. Gwyn and Smough and Ornstein were bosses that I felt relieved to defeated. All in all, decent year in games even though I only played like 5 titles from 2016...
Xcom2 would've easily been the best if it wasn't so buggy at launch, and still a bit buggy today.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Where Dark Souls is a bad game is where it doesn't explain the back end well enough, and that some of the more unique boss weapons aren't nearly as effective as a generic one of the same category.
Leveling: Ah, I made it to Blight Town, time to pump Resistance stat! Whoops!
Gear upgrades: Hmm, I wonder if this Occult weapon type is very good!

So, you can still EXP-grind down the difficulty through leveling up, but you can still mistakenly dump your souls into legitimately useless categories, too. All the hapless zombies are target dummies to practice on and improve the player's sense of timing and stuff. That's as close to an easy mode as they wanted to allow: Letting the player become over-leveled.

That all being said, I really enjoyed Dark Souls, and the sometimes bullshit difficulty is the intended experience. There's no sense of triumph on easy mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I spent 50 hours playing Dark Souls 1 with advice on stats. "Don't raise resistance, place some points into dex." and proceeded to throw firebombs at the Tauros Demon and never used a plunging attack against it.

• Locked thread