Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

2017 will be the Year of the Star Citizen, you'll see!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

5 and 6 are good because they're co-op and all co-op games are immediately good, even when they're bad

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

People always want more of a franchise.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They send an agent who doesn't speak Spanish to investigate the Spanish countryside, good job team

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Press the apostrophe button on your keyboard sometimes Stux

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There are good podcasts about bad books, and good podcasts about bad movies. Any good podcasts about bad video games someone could recommend?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

Abject Suffering is fun if you gel with the hosts sense of humor and can tolerate the odd episode that's dominated by :goonsay: about sports/music/identity politics.

Oh yeah. I think Watch Out for Fireballs is real good but I just don't think those guys are very funny... Better than your average YouTube "Angry Gamer Guyz" of course

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:yeah:

The first time through a map is quite intimidating, but eventually you get so good at navigating the different paths and dodging the various patrols that it almost feels like Agent 47 is just a super well-prepared dude with the instincts to match. Plus, if you try the "no costume" challenges you'll discover how well the levels are put together.

I'd stay away from the Escalation missions, btw... A few are kinda interesting (and use parts of the map that otherwise don't have anything going for them) but they often become luck-based and kinda tedious.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I listened to the first five and thought, "Man I'm pretty sure these are all from Undertale."

Then I scrolled down the list of answers, listened to the songs from games that I've actually played (maybe 20% of them) and only recognized about a quarter of those, so.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is Bloodborne 2 coming soon?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Whatever happened to Ganon the Boar Man?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So is FFXV... good?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Murder is cool, and my friend" - forums poster oddium

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Can we work on a literal meaning for the word "soulslike"?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dark Souls 1 is the Dark Souls of the Soulsborne series

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh you've never gotten the double jump in Dark Souls?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Got around to playing Sunless Sea. I like it muchly.

I'm still on my first dude, it's been around 10 hours, and I'm pretty well-equipped. I expected death to be more frequent: I've heard the game described on podcasts as a being very punishing, so either I'm good/lucky or they're wrong.

Or maybe I have self-control.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What if Dark Souls had an in-game map

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've never heard of Shantae before. Googling the name got me a pretty dry Wikipedia page that doesn't say much, but also got me a bunch of images of a cartoon lady doing sexy poses.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Beat Sunless Sea. Real good.

Should my next character be a pragmatic but hedonistic smuggler or a disgraced priest who would probably be okay with cannibalism?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah! Gonna pick "seek immortality" as this guy's ambition

Definitely a cannibal

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well since you asked, in my opinion T&A in games is pretty much always tasteless but at the same time, yeah, it's effective.

I hope devs stop throwing it in there so that I can finally stop flagellating myself for being mostly against it for moral reasons while also being into it for lonely heterosexual male reasons.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dancing to her own rhythm, you gotta respect that.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So how's the FFXV chocobo music?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Which of these is the most choco-like?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This works out really well:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've never had escargot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That's the kind of pizza my nonna makes. It's good. Oily and garlicky and oh so good.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Does the rest of the world have Hawaiian pizza (pineapple and cooked ham) or is it just a Canadian thing? That's my suspicion

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hope the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles didn't have cheese on their pizza. Turtles shouldn't eat dairy products.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Games are always like 20% too long.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shindragon posted:

Or too short.

There rarely is a happy medium with the game's length.

What games do you think are too short?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Star Citizen will have a hyper-immersive flight attending simulation, just wait for that.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I bounced off Witcher 3 too, I think ultimately because I chased after every side quest and most points of interest on the map. Next time I try it, I think I'll just stick to the main plot for the most part. Hopefully doing so doesn't cause you to be under-levelled.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Anyone try that recent Baldur's Gate expansion? Reading about it online is poisoned by the crazy amount of "SJWs!!! :derp:" comments

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm going to be travelling for about a week next week, so I bought Final Fantasy 6 for my iPad. Is there anything dumb I should know before getting into it (e.g. "don't sell your starting equipment" or "name all your characters 'Sephiroth' for mega lols")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The iPad sprites seem pretty shoddy.

• Locked thread