Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

StrixNebulosa posted:

We're also getting, uh -

from Gamespot this time (and lol at Kingdom Hearts 3 dropping ever)

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
The Dwarves
Maize
Rad Rogers: World One
Furi
Steep
Super Mario Maker 3DS
Arizona Sunshine
Dead Rising 4
Shadow Tactics
Last Guardian
Unspoken
Werewolves Within
Space Hulk Deathwing
Bastion
The Little Acre
Wild Guns Reloaded
Shantae
Super Mario Run
Eagle Flight
Walking Dead S3
Don Bradman Cricket 17
Rollercoaster Dreams

and I mean I'll probably skip all of those and buy discounted stuff at christmas instead, but hey, there's some neat titles in there!

drat, the only good game this month is a loving phone game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Wildtortilla posted:

Styx I think I agree with something you posted in the past few days. You were critical of TF2 because of the sound effects, among other things. I have to agree with you, the SE addressed not what they could be. Especially compared to Overwatch and Battlefield.

I'm sure I didn't play TF2 enough to get good at it, but they problem is I don't care to. I've played more shooters than I can remember at this point. I'm lumping TF2 in the CoD-like arena, because that's what it feels like to me and it's not what I'm looking for in a shooter anymore. If it was there game would be great. There's nothing technical except they sound for me to be critical of - if you like TF2 I'm jealous you enjoy it because I thought I was going to fall in love with it.

Everything that's happened since they introduced hats and microtransactions has completely ruined TF2. And Overwatch is simply a much better version of the game in every way, so there's no reason to bother trying to get into it. Still, before Valve turned it to poo poo it was actually a pretty fun game.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

mutata posted:

They're talking about Titanfall 2. Acronyms are dumb.

:downs:

Some acronyms should never be reused - they should be retired like numbers on a sports team.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Macaluso posted:

Hello Chat Thread. I just bought Super Mario Run and it's basically a Game of the Year contender for me, even against something like Overwatch. It's literally the game I have asked for for years and years: A game that's only DKC mine cart levels. Except it's Mario instead of DKC. They're my favorite type of platforming level in the world, so an entire game of just that is EXTREMELY my poo poo. And it's not loving procedurally generated bullshit like every other "runner" game. It has actual designed levels. There's a level in the clouds with a bunch of bullet bills that was just :pachameme:. I hope they keep adding in levels because this game is what I've always wanted. Sure it's not widescreen on my HD tv but that's a minor complaint really.

Also if I turn off the music, leave on the sound, and then have an extended version of one of the rocket barrel level themes from Tropical Freeze going while I play, it's a perfect game. 10/10 not even joking. Thank you Santa. Well 9.5/10 cause if it was DKC mine cart themed it'd be 10/10 but anyway

Now please give me a Super Mario Rocket or some poo poo so I can get a game of only rocket barrel levels

:toot:

It's extremely good but it makes me really sad to see the huge backlash against it because they dared to charge loving $10 for it, as if that's unreasonable because the app store is full of garbage that only costs $1

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Red Bones posted:

Metroid is definitely not dead for good, it's just gonna sit on the shelf until Nintendo has a gaming platform or a gameplay mechanic that they think would mesh well with the Metroid IP. No IP that ever turned a profit is dead for good in this day and age, c'mon.

But most of those IPs will suffer a fate far worse than death, existing only as mobile free to play games

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Dungeon Hack has never been re-released on GOG or anything apparently. Do any of these millions of modern roguelikes do a good job of being a successor to dungeon hack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Wamdoodle posted:

It has been actually! It's in part 3 of the "Forgotten Realms: The Archives"

https://www.gog.com/game/forgotten_realms_the_archives_collection_three

Thanks! This game is the poo poo

• Locked thread