Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Reggie almost got through the entire night without things getting weird and people bringing things up but then it happened at dinner.

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/804571588699963392

Same.

Stux posted:

also its always rly weird, to me, to see regular people somehow against other people getting paid more. very weird. unless you are the CEO of EA or something

It always comes from the bitter "I have a job too and I don't get paid what I want so you shouldn't either" aspect no matter what the topic is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hey not everyone gets a lovingly curated wiki dedicated to their work.

Fake Edit: I wanted to know if there was indeed a Knack wiki made and of-loving-course there was one.

There is a wikia for late 90s/early 2000s Shockwave/Flash game series Lenny Loosejocks. :thumbsup:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

After asking that I looked at the wiki the trolls still have up and yeah, pretty much.

The thing is so detailed and it's really hilarious how much they emphasize that all of Chris's problems are his own fault and have nothing to do with the people that have literally been trolling an awkward autistic man for a large chunk of his life.

I frequently visited CWC boards between 2008-2010 and, unsurprisingly, a ton of the main trolls and people behind the wiki led equally pathetic/worse lives than him.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

precision posted:

It occurred to me last night, with all the statistics about how few people ever finish games they buy and so forth, why hasn't there been a game that tries to embrace this in an organic way?

What I mean is, why not make a game and let the player start at any point in the story? Why should "chapter select" only be unlocked if you beat a game? Why not let players jump around if they want and enjoy the parts they want without being forced to suffer through every ill-conceived concept the game contains? You can do this with books and films, why not games?

Alone in the Dark 2008 had a DVD-style checkpoint and episode/chapter/level selection in the pause menu. You still needed to beat a certain number of them to unlock the ending, though.

I could see it being a good idea for linear cinematic games like Uncharted, but there's no way anything like that would work with RPGs such as The Witcher or Deus Ex.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Deadly Premonition is one of the best Dreamcast games ever made.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

I am 2/3rds of the way through dishonored 2 for the second time playing a different character and in a different chaos level and nothing is different at all. is it just gonna be the ending cinematic that differs? seems like a really bullshit step back if they listened to the people that didn't like the changes chaos made to dishonored.

There's some minor changes in levels and dialogue but for the most part it's the same. The final level is the exact same unlike the first game where it changed significantly depending on your Chaos level.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/808238048785727488

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

RE: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance talk in the last page.

I got all achievements on both the PS3 and 360 versions during the first half of 2013 and cutting dudes into pieces and crushing their spine in slow mo was much needed catharsis while doing the infuriating VR Missions and S-ranking the whole game. gently caress the VR missions.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Is Nier Automata basically Metal Gear Rising Revengeance 2.0? I've read multiple times that supposedly a lot of its systems were for a cancelled Rising sequel.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I have Final Fantasy XV, Watch Dogs 2, Gears of War 4 and Dead Rising 4 to play yet I keep going back to Doom and Dishonored 2 instead.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

If you have people to play it with or can find randoms, then the campaign is pretty fun. Otherwise don't bother, it's a pretty typical military cover shooter with some all right linear missions and a dull open world.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I was going through some of my old PSX titles a bit ago and found this masterpiece of a cover. :allears:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I played a couple of City Interactive shovelware FPS'es back in the day. They bought a license for the original FEAR engine and all their games were around 90 minutes long extended to last 3 hours because you moved slow as poo poo and died in two hits.

I hope one day we get a sequel to TERRORIST TAKEDOWN 3. I wanna see if hot comms babe ends up dating main character shootman after he kills all those terrorists in a boat or something.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

mutata posted:

Oh by the way apparently Turkey is investing $500 million into Crytek and they are moving the office from Germany to Turkey? :psyduck:

That was a fake rumour unless something changed.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I'm playing Call of Duty: Forevermore Warfare and digging how these games have gotten so visually busy with all the explosions and effects and over-detailing that it has to highlight enemies for you half the time because otherwise you can't see what you're shooting at.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Nothin better than some hot lesbian video game babes yeeehaaaaw. :captainpop:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I loved Stranglehold when it came out and I was in my late teens, but I tried playing it a couple of months ago again and it's aged pretty poorly to the point where I gave up 4 levels into it. It's probably for the best though, as it means I've played even better games since then and that my tastes also changed and evolved during the past decade, which I assume is something that will keep happening until the day I am no more and ascend to video game heaven (or descend to game heck): :angel:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The Darkness also came out in 2007 and it was an excellent game made by Starbreeze who also worked on The Chronicles of Riddick game from 2004. It grabbed an atrocious comic book series and turned it into a action/drama hybrid where you play as an angry mob man with demon powers who slaughters other mob men while cool heavy metal music plays during firefights. Amongst the linear missions there was a NY/subway hub world with a great amount of interactivity where you could dial phone numbers, interact with radios, initiate conversations with characters for sidequests or just random chatter, and even turn on televisions to watch full films like To Kill a Mockingbird or whole episodes of Flash Gordon alongside many others. The game oozed atmosphere and the storyline was pretty self-contained too which is a rare thing in this medium, to the point where the average sequel, which was made by another developer, had to handwave away a lot of the first game's conclusion.

A lot of its key developers later on left Starbreeze to found MachineGames which worked on Wolfenstein The Old Blood and The New Order, both which share a lot of tonal and gameplay elements with The Darkness and Chronicles of Riddick.

GUI fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I read the original Darkness comic around the game's release and wish I hadn't. Even its writer admitted in an interview a couple of years ago that he didn't give a poo poo about it and only wrote it for the money.

• Locked thread