Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Quest For Glory II posted:

farming simulator: FOR WOMEN ONLY

personally i'm loving that the words "GIFT HER" are placed directly beneath pictures of a manic pixie dream girl and a girl next door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

People always want more of a franchise.

Speaking of which, Wasteland 3 got announced so I guess I'll actually try and go back and finish 2.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

deadly_pudding posted:

The Schick Hydro-Man is the only thing about the Game Awards that matters.

https://twitter.com/TieTuesdayLP/status/804518627022176256

So that's gonna be one of the monsters in Dripping Wet or whatever it's called?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Where's the free trial for Titanfall 2 on the Sony webstore?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
watching the trailer for Death Stranding it occurs to me the fat guy is Hideo Kojima, the baby is his ~vision for awesome games~, the skeleton nazis are the AAA game industry, and Mads Mikkelssen is the sexy tentacles that keep draggin Kojima back to making games when he should probably be writing novels instead

e: also this

I said come in! posted:

Final Fantasy XV is really good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

Why is it even possible to kill the merchant. What kind of monster would put that in the game.

It is? :stare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just now saw the trailer for Last of Us 2. Holy poo poo! Yay!

My theory is that the Fireflies impregnated Ellie while she was under and that's why she wants to kill them all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe sad dads are the ones making the games

And playing them

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
so that Grasshopper/Suda51/Akira Yamaoko F2P roguelike soulslike ended up being actually really good so far, really surprising

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Spending 90% of the game dodge rolling around hosed up looking monster duders

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

StrixNebulosa posted:

a really methodical pacing, with tight controls and an emphasis on skill over arcade-y action.

Nice humblebrag about your sex life wow

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

serious post someone find me a place to buy this

i want dat lego eevee :3:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's been so long since I played a Pokemon game seriously, can't Eevee learn Flamethrower and Thunderbolt and Surf?

I just hatched my first one in Sun, I put it down for a while to get back to DK Tropical Freeze (jesus this game is hard) and No Man's Sky (Survival mode is so hard)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
DO4M never gets "bad" but I honestly enjoyed every level a little less than the one before it. The game starts incredibly strong but after level 2 the initial thrill had fallen off and it was just "extremely, unrelentingly competent"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I told Prompto I wanted him to take more pictures of Ignis.

Yes, that is exactly what I wanted. This game, it's like it knows me

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i feel like it warrants repeating that FF15 owns super hard, it's a lot like Lightning Returns in that the story is a half-baked mess with a lot of weirdly stupid sidequests for weirdos and a protagonist that's constantly irritated by being trapped in The Biggest Anime. also iggy, prompto and gladio are my friends and are very cool

the combat is really fun and satisfying, i find myself looking forward to random encounters to see what silly flashy poo poo i can pull off

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

wizard on a water slide posted:

There's a mentality not to that I think comes from certain things more than others - console gamers, ppl with siblings growing up, etc - because you think of save slots as places to save additional playthroughs or for others to save their game, not things to alternate between, and a lot of console RPGs would only have like 1-3 slots and in some cases not allow you to rotate.

On PSX save space was tightly constrained by memory card blocks; a memory card had 15 blocks and iirc Final Fantasy games usually took 1-2 blocks per file, so sometimes you literally only had the space left on your card for one save unless you wanted to delete your saves from other games. Some games were loving huge, and would take like half a memory card by themselves.

Didn't Madden games basically take up an ENTIRE memory card by themselves?

I used to rotate saves, then I got married.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mr E posted:

Is Let It Die any good?

Surprisingly so, yeah. It's kinda mindless but terrific fun.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You can't play as Trico in TLG?

I feel a lot better about waiting for a sale now. Too many games in the backlog as is.

I started up The Witness to finish it off and completely forgot where I had been/what I had done so I just started a new game. In the very first area I found 2 hidden puzzles and an audio log that I had somehow missed before. Haha.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Captain Invictus posted:

Were you upset that you couldn't play as the collossi in SOTC?

...well I wasn't, but now I am.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Captain Invictus posted:

Wow. I never knew there was a Darkwing Duck NES game, but of course there would be. Apparently it's a good Megaman-alike, and the music is fuckin' rad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co7YQyDS3yg&hd=1

all those old Capcom Disney games were good,

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

Pineapple on pizza is good

:yeah:

though these days I prefer to use sweet peppers, you lose the tang but overall I'd say it's a strict upgrade

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Black olives on pizza is loving disgusting :barf:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
IIRC the Noid game was actually a decent platformer

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

glam rock hamhock posted:

The story of why Dominos dropped The Noid as its mascot is amazing if you haven't heard it

I remember that because The Widow's Son is literally my favorite novel of all time.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FirstAidKite posted:

I just remembered that Fear Effect is a series that existed

I only played Fear Effect 2 but it was an extremely good game. The T&A is silly but other than that it's real solid.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It occurred to me last night, with all the statistics about how few people ever finish games they buy and so forth, why hasn't there been a game that tries to embrace this in an organic way?

What I mean is, why not make a game and let the player start at any point in the story? Why should "chapter select" only be unlocked if you beat a game? Why not let players jump around if they want and enjoy the parts they want without being forced to suffer through every ill-conceived concept the game contains? You can do this with books and films, why not games?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It was Mafia 3 that really put me in mind of that. The first 10 hours or so of Mafia 3 are absolutely amazing. After that it never gets bad but it does become somewhat of a generic open world with repetitive quests. I could see how someone with less patience would want to skip the empire building and go straight to the endgame.

Like I'm aware there are problems with what I'm proposing but, as with all things optional, anyone who complains about it can just not do it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Uncharted 1-3 and the new Tomb Raiders are all the perfect length give or take an hour. UC4 was too long but in a good way, if that makes sense. Same with TLOU now that I think on it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ostentatious posted:

tomorrow is my birthday

whats a good birthday game

Mario Party 4

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's a shame Dead Space 3 killed the series because 1 and 2 are great

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the best Dreamcast game was "that disc that guy gave me with literally every SNES game on it"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I picked up Dragon Quest Heroes while it's only $22, mainly for my wife but who am I kidding

It definitely helps improve the Musou formula by having such awesome cute characters. The Healslime is my pal :3:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bicyclops posted:

Whoa, how long is it only $22 for?

It looks like the sale ended at midnight. :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

This is finals week for me, but games I plan to play this winter break:

FFXV
Pokemon Sun/Moon (haven't chosen yet, probably Moon)
BF1
Bravely Default
DQ Builders (I think I'm going to start recreating Bloodborne buildings in DQB)

Pro choices but I'd pick Sun, it has the better exclusives like Vulpix

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wine is good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hope they call DOOM 5 "DOOMS"

e: DOOM5

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is Super Mario run really going to be exclusive to ios because gently caress that

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

you aren't missing anything.

itt it looks really fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

Why read when video games have such rich stories

I listen to audiobooks while I play games sometimes. I think I am literally addicted to multitasking. If I'm not doing 4 things at once, I feel like I'm wasting my time. Because I have so little free time. :(

• Locked thread