Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I guess I should have put an ellipsis there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Whoops.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

purple death ray posted:

We did lose Nancy Reagan and Margaret Thatcher this year!

Margaret Thatcher died like 3 years ago.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
They're probably thinking of Phyllis Schlafly. Scalia bit it, too.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I would be okay with Thatcher dying every year.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

Margaret Thatcher died like 3 years ago.

I may have only just heard about it this year, I'm really not sure what's real anymore.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Lurdiak posted:

So seriously, can awful people start dying instead next year? Y'all know who I mean.
Based on simple actuarial tables, an unhealthy lifestyle, and assuming an extremely high-stress job that rapidly ages even men in their prime... I have hope.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I would say that I hope that Tom Waits doesn't eat it next, but lets be honest, he died decades ago. It's just taken some time for his mind to catch up.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

David D. Davidson posted:

I would say that I hope that Tom Waits doesn't eat it next, but lets be honest, he died decades ago. It's just taken some time for his mind to catch up.

What? No! Tom Waits came out with "Bad As Me" in 2011 (man, that has been a little while), and it was just as good as his other 2000s-era output. He's been coming out with great albums since the early '70s, and while his style has changed, he never went through any creatively rough or bad periods, like pretty much everyone else, ever. The man is still awesome -- singer, songwriter, storyteller, interview subject, raconteur, legend. I saw him perform live in 2006, and it was the third-best night of my life, after my wedding and engagement party.

When AND IF Tom Waits ever passes away, I'm going to be a loving wreck. I dread reading that headline every single time I hear about a celebrity death. I will need to take a personal day off work, and I may have to start drinking again, which I am also dreading. He and his music have meant so much to me, I can't even put it into words.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Clearly hate keeps you alive longer. Also Thatcher and Scalia can die every year to balance it out.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I want the job of being the person that has to stake them in the heart annually.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Madkal posted:

Clearly hate keeps you alive longer. Also Thatcher and Scalia can die every year to balance it out.

Margret Thatcher died 3 years ago.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Instead of rezzing scalia all the time theres a whole bunch of alive people still on the bench

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I feel like we could safely lose Thomas. At least Scalia had a bit of charm by all accounts.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

In happier news, a happy 94th birthday to Stan "The Man" Lee!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You idiot! 2016 is gonna notice!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Just made a rare appearance at one of our local comic shops to pick up Love Is Love. They posted on Facebook that there is a limit of one per person, and they had a limited supply and wouldn't be able to reorder it, so I didn't hesitate. I was planning to get a copy today anyway, and I'm glad I did. Just flipping through it, it looks fantastic, and I'm sure it will be heartbreaking and beautiful. I was expecting a thick comic book with staples, but IDW went all out, binding it as a trade paperback.

If you get a chance, it should be well worth your $10, and all the proceeds go to a great organization, Equality Florida, that will be donating everything to survivors of the Pulse nightclub shooting, and families of those who were killed. I live in the Orlando area, and my wife and I have plenty of LGBT friends and students who were regulars at Pulse, so saying it hit close to home is an understatement.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

You idiot! 2016 is gonna notice!

2016 is a slasher movie and 2017 is just gonna be the 2016 Part 2: 2016's Revenge (Just when you thought it was safe to wish celebrities a happy birthday...)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Are you loving kidding me.

That's Carrie Fisher's mom for those who don't know.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

e: nm that wasn't new.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 28, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Also, Garry Shandling died :/

Again?

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

Duck Edwing (of MAD Magazine) also died.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Cut off one head, two more shall take its place

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I saw a bumped Garry Shandling death thread elsewhere last night. For some reason I had no memory of that happening and took it as new.

Sounded typical. I'd expect eight more famous people to kick it before the end of the week.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 28, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

I saw a bumped Garry Shandling death thread elsewhere last night. For some reason I had no memory of that happening and took it as new.

Sounded typical. I'd expect eight more famous people to kick it before the end of the week.

They just announced the results of his autopsy, so it was in the news again.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Teenage Fansub posted:

drat. Her mum survived her.
Not by much :(

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Threep posted:

Not by much :(

I mean, it's a tragedy, but kind of heartwarming too. Johnny Cash and his wife only had a few months between each other, I believe.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

WickedHate posted:

I mean, it's a tragedy, but kind of heartwarming too. Johnny Cash and his wife only had a few months between each other, I believe.

Yeah, real heartwarming.

You really are terrible.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ferrule posted:

You really are terrible.

Relax. It's not out of line at all to imagine some consolation in it.

Especially if you believe in some degree of afterlife.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
My grandfather too.

2016 will not leave any of the great or good, it seems. :(

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Everyone is only a self-delusion of temporary meat heaps.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Relax. It's not out of line at all to imagine some consolation in it.

Especially if you believe in some degree of afterlife.

Yeah, but coming from the person clamoring for attention over a supposed telegraphed death on the other side of the planet I find little reason to trust their sincerity.

Stan Lee is still alive and a year older though. Not sure if that makes 2016 good or bad 'round these parts.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Aphrodite posted:

They just announced the results of his autopsy, so it was in the news again.

Hail Hydra

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My dad doesn't have cancer!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Yay! I'm really glad, Rhyno.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Very glad to hear it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well at least the night ends on a good note good to hear

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Ferrule posted:

Yeah, but coming from the person clamoring for attention over a supposed telegraphed death on the other side of the planet I find little reason to trust their sincerity.

You're projecting so hard I can see your thoughts on the far wall. Or you're just a jackass.

Glad to hear your dad's okay, Rhyno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

This is the kind of good news we need more of in this thread.
Also let's not be shitheads to each other.

• Locked thread