Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

Hey, what the gently caress happened to Miracleman? They get two issues away from being all caught up and then just... stop? There are two issues to still reprint, it's not even like they're waiting on new content yet! Was the whole thing just an elaborate troll?

The rumor mill seems to think that Marvel's ownership of the character may have not been as airtight as previously thought. Mark Buckingham was told to stop working on the new pages as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So the idea of the symbiote being the good guy in the equation is interesting but the execution is like a bad rip off of The Darkness and I kind of hate it?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

The rumor mill seems to think that Marvel's ownership of the character may have not been as airtight as previously thought. Mark Buckingham was told to stop working on the new pages as well.

Oops.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Jesus Christ

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Just get the Disney lawyers to change the law again. What's the point of being part of Disney if you don't get the perks?

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

http://www.peterdavid.net/2016/12/22/yes-peter-is-in-the-hospital-no-we-are-not-entirely-sure-why/

Peter David is back in the hospital. Gypsy curse or has 2016 got one more in her?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Heathen posted:

http://www.peterdavid.net/2016/12/22/yes-peter-is-in-the-hospital-no-we-are-not-entirely-sure-why/

Peter David is back in the hospital. Gypsy curse or has 2016 got one more in her?

I legit laughed a little too hard at this.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Heathen posted:

has 2016 got one more in her?

Eat poop.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I was writing out "it's not looking good" when a huge spider fell from the ceiling and attacked me, so I guess the great web is saying he's going to be ok.

Or I need to buy some Raid.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
This year can gently caress off and I kind of want all the people whose work I like to hid out in a bunker until January 2017.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oh yeah, there's no reason to expect next year to be bad in any way. Nooooo reason.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Oh yeah, there's no reason to expect next year to be bad in any way. Nooooo reason.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/811977223326625792

To make this comics related, I think they've suitably prepared us for post-apocalyptic living.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I eagerly await my death by nuclear hellfire

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

What we need right now is a very girly-looking cyborg.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My dad has an appointment with an oncologist on Thursday, gently caress this year several times over.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I live in DC, so I'm pretty much dead as soon as Trump's Nuclear Holocaust starts.

Probably for the best, honestly.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

My dad has an appointment with an oncologist on Thursday, gently caress this year several times over.

Hope it goes okay for your pops.

Endless Mike posted:

I live in DC, so I'm pretty much dead as soon as Trump's Nuclear Holocaust starts.

I live in Canada so I can smugly be proud that at least I am not American while I slowly die from radiation poison from the fallout.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Endless Mike posted:

Congratulations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

That sucks, if it's his prostate take solace in it probably being a minor surgery and then needing dick pills to plow your mom.

If it's worse please ignore everything I just wrote after "That sucks"

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I'll be hoping and praying for the best, man.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Endless Mike posted:

War...war never changes...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Endless Mike posted:

braggy motherfucker

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Today I went to get a burrito and saw a dude wearing a Trigun coat at Chipotle so I deserve a goddamned meal for not attempting to murder him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Is there something wrong with trigun?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There's something extremely wrong with the coats in Trigun.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Im more concerned about whatever is going on with that dudes torso

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's called being stylized. But more importantly, the gun! The gun is so beautiful! I'm in such awe... :allears:

If the protagonist wasn't a pacifist I would be too in love with it to watch anything else.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Who gives a poo poo what dorks wear?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Who gives a poo poo what dorks wear?

When it invades my reality there must be consequences.

Also he was all of 5 feet tall and the coat was clearly for someone a full foot taller and it was dragging on the ground and I just wanted to step on it while he was walking.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Rhyno posted:

When it invades my reality there must be consequences.

Also he was all of 5 feet tall and the coat was clearly for someone a full foot taller and it was dragging on the ground and I just wanted to step on it while he was walking.

Why not go verbally assault him? That way you don't have to go to jail.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Why not go verbally assault him? That way you don't have to go to jail.

I do that to everyone. I'm just in a pissy* mood because of what's going on with my dad.

*pissier than normal

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Vash is a great character, but making that coat look good in reality is something pretty much nobody can do.

Also I ended my first semester at university with three As and a B, how do I celebrate?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

With anime related clothing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

With anime related clothing.

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Eastern-Naruto-Village-Headband/dp/B000IIDGH8
https://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Costumes-Cosplay-Akatsuki-Uniform/dp/B01DD97ZYI
https://www.amazon.com/Gmasking-Ble...rds=hollow+mask

I'll be the coolest kid in middle school :awesomelon:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

This burrito is made...
THIS BURRITO IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Roth posted:

Vash is a great character, but making that coat look good in reality is something pretty much nobody can do.

Also I ended my first semester at university with three As and a B, how do I celebrate?

Usually drinking a lot is the preferred end of semester celebration

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

We recently lost our former comic shop owner too. He sold it to his nephew who changed the name and location, but it'll always be Bobs Comics to me.

Are you in Texas, by any chance? I know that "Bob" is not an uncommon name, but San Antonio used to have a Bob's Comics, it was loving awesome. When closing he kept ramping up the sales, on the last day he just sold everything not on the wall at cover price. Got Sgt. Fury 22 thru 97, and a shitload of golden age stuff for ten to twelve cents, or so. I think he moved to Houston, not sure if he ever re-opened.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

What we need right now is a very girly-looking cyborg.

I'd be down with Raiden fist fighting a buff Ted Cruz on top of a mecha.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hey goons. Spiderman wishes you all a Merry Christmas and Stan Lee wishes you all a happy Channukah!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Merry Christmas, goons

https://youtu.be/4feIwig2AtA

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 25, 2016

• Locked thread