Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

On the one hand, almost everything that happened this year.
On the other hand, I became a dad.

In conclusion 2016 was a year of contrasts.

I feel bad for the likely hundreds if not thousands of teenagers whose birth date is 9/11/2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

WickedHate posted:

If I know teens, they'd probably think having a birthday on 9/11 was "metal as gently caress, dawg". Kids these days still listen to Marilyn Manson, right?

Pretty sure you don't know teens. They may not give a poo poo about 9/11 but they sure as poo poo would never use the phrase "metal as gently caress, dawg."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

Your pm hosed a pig

You're thinking of the U.K. and that pig fucker isn't the PM any more.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Fixed that for you

God dammit, I'm on a 6 month delay because of unlimited, but I was digging Iron-Man and hoping it was a return to form and all the terrible things I heard about Civil War 2 through the grapevine was just because it was an event book and Marvel event books suck, but Bendis loving up Jessica Jones of all things is the worst news possible.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Decius posted:

I enjoy the Iron Man series. Of course the new ones with the new status quo just started, so it's a bit early to judge them, but the one before was fun when the CW II poo poo didn't interfere. Smarmy, helping Dr Doom is fun, when he drives Tony mad with his friendliness.

CWII just started and I haven't actually read it yet. Marvel should really just make a commitment to not having a big event for 2 years. It gets you 24 issues for all of their main books where the creators can just go hog wild without worrying too much about anything else, and then the crossover would have greater impact. They're just an IP farm for Disney at this point anyway so embrace it and get weird.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

The good news is that we're less than a month out from the next big Marvel event introducing your new favourite character.

Is Iron Man still a teenage black chick?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

My dad has an appointment with an oncologist on Thursday, gently caress this year several times over.

That sucks, if it's his prostate take solace in it probably being a minor surgery and then needing dick pills to plow your mom.

If it's worse please ignore everything I just wrote after "That sucks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

Clearly hate keeps you alive longer. Also Thatcher and Scalia can die every year to balance it out.

Margret Thatcher died 3 years ago.

• Locked thread