Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
So this is it. We are nearly done. The year is coming to an end and I think it is safe to say "thank god". We are in the homestretch of a year in which it seemed that tragedy and death happened every month, insanity took over common sense and cats were close to getting along with dogs. You just got the feeling that somewhere out there there was a timeline where every day was filled with rainbows and sangrias. Perhaps the Flash ran back in time and caused our timeline instead.
This is the year that we suffered the losses of Bowie, Prince, Wilder, American sanity and common decency. There were some victories though, and for me some personal, but in the scheme of the wider world it probably doesn't bring much solace.
In the world of comics things definitely didn't reflect the dark clouds of outside, what with Image comics continuing to produce excellent comics, DC rebooting the universe (again) and actually leading to more positive and happy comics, and while I don't read Marvel I assume they continued producing diverse positive and fun comics. Yes, comics would continue to provide a way out, an escape, a path to optimism when the world outside decided to lose it's mind.
I will say this to the end then. In this final months, lets reflect on our losses, on our sadness and our confusion but let us also remember that we are all in this together, we are all friends, and even though we might be strangers, we are all bonded by our love of this stupid hobby. Let us know that as bad as things seem, this too will pass and that after every storm there is sunshine.
So here is one final gently caress you to 2016. May 2017 kick it in it's stupid arse.

Cheers.

Edit: Sorry for the downer post, but thinking about 2016 kind of put me in a mood, but like Superman, I am hopeful for the future. Always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Sure celebrities die every year bit not many years have an election/referendum like the US and Britain had. gently caress 2016

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Why what brainiac?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

So is it this that lead directly to Image being formed?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

purple death ray posted:

I just hope they don't retcon Titus away now that Ace is back.

Titus is his regular name. Ace is his alias, so Bruce Wayne would say "come here Titus" and Batman would say "come here Ace'.
I wish this was true.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

Nah. Our PM wishes he was famous enough the get a Black Mirror ep based on a rumour about his life.

It makes sense that the New Zealand pm is so not thought of that people are more likely to give other politician scandals to him.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Let's be honest here, which disgraced politician hasn't hosed a pig?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
You know, I have never noticed how stupidly cumbersome Prof X's 90s hoverchair was. The thing moves around like a Smart car, probably couldn't fit through any standard door frame, and would probably topple anything not bolted to the ground. It is the most impractical wheelchair ever shown in fiction.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's just a glorified hover-golf-cart and I still want to know how he got around indoors with it. The bloody thing might as well have been a secondary mutation. Here is my hoverchair and I will know make every hallway twice as wide to get it inside.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

If you just make sure the stack is up against the empty pizza boxes it's fine.

I think I saw an episode of Hoarders that gave me some good ideas.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Starsnostars posted:

I took today off because I had a spare holiday day and those don't roll over into next year but now I'm paranoid that I didn't book the day off properly and have just skipped work.

Living the dream. Go on some Ferris Bueller shenanigan.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I am trying to think about at least 2 comics starring famous fans of alcoholic beverages (not necessarily alcoholics) and so far all I got is Wolverine. Which other characters like a drink and what kind of drink do they like?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

Are we limiting ourselves to Marvel and DC?

As long as they can be portrayed as heroes.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
New question. Which hero (or villain) is most likely to drink craft beer?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The nice thing about having friends who live around the world is that you always have a couch to crash on when traveling, the not nice thing is that when there is a terrorist attack and you got to worry about said friends living in the part of the world that was just hit. :smith:

All worth it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
This year can gently caress off and I kind of want all the people whose work I like to hid out in a bunker until January 2017.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

My dad has an appointment with an oncologist on Thursday, gently caress this year several times over.

Hope it goes okay for your pops.

Endless Mike posted:

I live in DC, so I'm pretty much dead as soon as Trump's Nuclear Holocaust starts.

Probably for the best, honestly.

I live in Canada so I can smugly be proud that at least I am not American while I slowly die from radiation poison from the fallout.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hey goons. Spiderman wishes you all a Merry Christmas and Stan Lee wishes you all a happy Channukah!!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Happy Boxing Day!

Enjoy the test match and the start of the sailing.

Thanks for reminding me that all the premier league games are on soon and I can watch some prime Protea dominance to take place over the course of five sunny days.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Clearly hate keeps you alive longer. Also Thatcher and Scalia can die every year to balance it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

My dad doesn't have cancer!

This is the kind of good news we need more of in this thread.
Also let's not be shitheads to each other.

• Locked thread