Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's also the Telltale GOTG game as well. Which could go very well if they treat it similarly to their Borderlands series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senor Candle posted:

http://www.vox.com/identities/2016/12/5/13834432/lgbtq-representation-media-supergirl
So I guess I was waiting for someone else to post about this or someone to actually write a story, but a really cool thing happened at a comic store I was in last weekend!
I was at the store during this but I had no idea it was happening. I read the story later and thought it was cool but it didn't even click with me that I knew the person posting it until someone pointed it out.
So far I'm aware that Mark Waid, Sam Humphries, and some of the cast of Supergirl have responded or reached out to Mary. I think Greg Rucka is also going to send her/the store a bunch of signed stuff.

...I'm not crying, YOU'RE CRYING!

:unsmith:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I just got sucked into Star Trek Timelines, but I'm already feeling remorse for the couple of quid I've thrown at it, so it'll probably be off my tablet by New Year.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Madkal posted:

I am trying to think about at least 2 comics starring famous fans of alcoholic beverages (not necessarily alcoholics) and so far all I got is Wolverine. Which other characters like a drink and what kind of drink do they like?

Sunspot appears to be a champagne and/or sparkling wine man according to Al Ewing. Probably only Californian wine now his team are on Uncle Sam's dime.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RandallODim posted:

He absolutely has his own vineyard.

I would assume he invented some special Latverian liquor that is superior in all ways to wine, mead, ale and any other booze that RICHARDS! might partake of in his ignorance.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

How is the new Jessic Jones book bad? Let me take a wild stab. Her and Luke are separated and the baby isn't around?

Kid's still around mostly, but yes, the former is correct. There may be a twist as the first arc introduced the idea of people from alternate realities or having the memories from other realities in the MU.
The other big reveal is the villain is the lady from CW2 with the empty briefcase. Surprise, she's now an evil mastermind, which defeats the purpose of a plot point Bendis himself created AND doesn't achieve what I think he wants it to (making Carol 'right all along') because she's only seeking revenge because of what happened in Civil War.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Well I'm glad he did the one thing that would make the book bad. Keeping that tradition of blowing up marriages in comics alive.
The second paragraph means nothing to me expect cw2 is bad from what I read, so being connected to cw2 is also bad.

I actually don't hate the book. Gaydos' art is still perfect for it, and Bendis does seem to be going somewhere with the Luke and Jessica thing (the last issue opened with a bizarre and clearly foreshadowing dream sequence). It's very in keeping with the Jessica Jones: Massive Self-sabotaging Fuckup from the early issues of Alias.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

What we need right now is a very girly-looking cyborg.

I'd be down with Raiden fist fighting a buff Ted Cruz on top of a mecha.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

I am pretty sure they are just running off drugs and have been for years

Keith Richards cannot be harmed by conventional weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Daredevil sort of did, but only if you consider Elektra, Stick and the Punisher to be 'heroes'.

• Locked thread