Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In the referendum, I voted to stay in, but I was later told that I voted to stay in for the wrong reasons, so I'm not sure if that means I should have voted to get out instead. It's been a confusing year. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
B.B. King and Percy Sledge died last year as well, as did Don Covay. Those were big losses indeed. Prince Buster and Rico Rodriguez also died this year. Both great musicians; Buster practically invented the entire ska music genre but as far as most people in the year 2016 are concerned ska is just generic pop-punk with horns and that's just a load of rubbish.

Little Richard is still hanging in there. I hope he's doing okay. When Little Richard dies, that will be an especially sad day indeed. He's the greatest rock and roller who ever lived.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I like Chuck Berry and I think he was the best songwriter out of that original generation of rock singers but he wasn't the best overall, much like Jerry Lee Lewis played the best piano but wasn't the best overall; Little Richard was the best overall because he combined the best attributes of all of them.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skwirl posted:

I feel bad for the likely hundreds if not thousands of teenagers whose birth date is 9/11/2001

Pretty strange to think that in just a couple of years' time there'll be people old enough to vote (some are already depending on where you're from) born after 9/11.

Then again, my dad probably thought it was strange when I became old enough to vote and was born after the Berlin Wall came down.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
BRAINIAC AND BRAINIAC! WHAT IS BRAINIAC?!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Alhazred posted:

And now I feel old:smith:

Only a couple of years afterwards, mind you.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Probably pulled a Cameron.

You're thinking of Renzi.

</topical>

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostlight posted:

It really explains the animosity between him and Magneto though

There was this group of Captain America villains called the Exiles who all lived on the Island of the Exiles (which I believe appeared in the story where Falcon made his first appearance) and were all Axis military officers and scientists who'd been spirited off to this island by the Red Skull after the war ended. One of them was called "Cadaverous" or something and his nom de guerre was "Master of the Murder Chair".

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

Hasn't it always been a magic hat, though?

There must have been some magic in that old silk hat they found.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Heh, just remembered they subsequently cast John Glover in Heroes as Zachary Quinto's evil dad and remembered what an omnishambles that show was/became. :D

Isn't there a story about Bryan Fuller leaving Heroes to do Pushing Daisies, coming back after that series was inevitably cancelled (because it was a Bryan Fuller show), and leaving again almost straight away saying (more diplomatically), "They've hosed it up and I can't fix it"?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Mad Stan got his own episode later on due to that segment being so popular and it was loving awful. Batman Beyond had a single good villain in Blight, and maybe the Jokerz, and the rest was crap or just classic Batman rogues returning. It was one of the things that keeps the show from being amazing, despite the incredibly strong dynamic between Terry and Bruce. Most of the time Terry'd fight a one and done monster of the week or something really ill-conceived and unmemorable like Curare. I doubt there's a single person out there who's favorite DC villain is Inque or Spellbinder or loving Big Time. Even the Royal Flush gang was only compelling because of the relationship drama with 10.

I think Blight was meant to be a sort of Dr Phosphorous adaptation with a slightly less silly name, too.

The most memorable villains for me remain the four cyborg teenagers from "April Moon" because I will always remember the one scene where Terry activates the failsafe and one guy's arms and legs just break apart and fall off.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The best event Marvel has had was Infinity Gauntlet back in 1990-91(ish).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Good grief, 2016.

David Bowie at the start of the year, Prince in the middle and George Michael at the end. :(

• Locked thread